Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating MP4 files
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
With PD8 [2508] one can create an M2TS file with hardware rendering (CUDA), then run it thru MediaShowEspresso to convert it to an MP4 file using hardware rendering (CUDA). This will create an MP4 video file with the least amount of rendering time. The end user is allowed to create/edit their own rendering profile within PD8 via the "Create a new profile" function of PD8 on the H.264/AVC page.

Is there a way to get PD8 to hardware render (CUDA) an MP4 file directly, without having the extra step of conversion (with subsequent impact on quality)? Also would like to retain ability to create/modify own rendering profiles within PD8 directly (not using 3d party products).

If there is not way to create an MP4 hardware rendered file within PD directly (not using MSE for conversion), please consider this a request for future enhancement.

Thanks!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roy,

One trick I learned here was to produce my videos using the Portable MPEG-4 mobile phone format of .3G2. Then when the video is produced just change the extension .3G2 to .MP4. Now this only allows you to use the default bit rate of 9,000bps but it gives me a pretty good compromise of mb -v- quality for youtube. I know it is not ideal but it does save a double conversion.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert,

What do you select in PD8 after selecting the Portablle MPEG-4 button. All I have for choices is PSP and iPod/iPhone, and none of these create a .3G2 file at the resolution you mentioned.

Like you say, this is a work-around rather than a solution, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roy,

I have a third option "Mobile Phone". My only thoughts are do you have PD8 ULTRA or DELUXE. Maybe the DELUXE version doesn't have this option.

Cheers

Robert My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roy,

Robert is off-line so I thought I would jump in to help:

Select:

1. Portable MPEG-4 file format
2. Profile selection - Mobile Phone
3.Profile Name - Mobile Hi-Vision CAM Wooo
4.Output file type is in .3G2
5.Once file is produced....change .3G2 to .mp4

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm. Looks like there are profiles in the Ultra version that are not in my Deluxe version. Thanks to Robert and Kevin anyway for the tip. If there were some way for the end user to modify/create profiles in the MPEG-4 section like there is for the H.264 section, I could build what I need.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Perhaps profile customization will be built into all output options in a future version of PD.