Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mouse Drag Select
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to mouse drag select objects in PD8? My projects usually have both video and images. When selecting images I'm having to CTRL+click each image. Windows standards is to click and drag a box around objects to select them, but this doesn't seem to work in PowerDirector. What am I overlooking?

Thanks!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know there is no way to use the mouse to click and drag. If the files you need are beside each other you can use "click the first hold down shift click the last" for easier selection.

EDIT=====Just to be clear you are talking about the timeline, pips etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2009 19:56

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Click and drag is a feature of PD software, you have something wrong. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Mouse drag selecting works for me in PD8 in the MEDIA ROOM and as Robert said...not in the Timeline.

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2009 07:11

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I can drag things around in the timeline. What gives? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You can drag a single clip around but you cannot use the mouse to select two or more clips and move them. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
To clarify, you can mouse drag select multiple objects in the media window, but not in the timeline. Of the half dozen other video editors I've used, you can drag select multiple objects in the timeline. This is a Windows standard (actually a Mac standard to begin with).
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Roy,

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you.

My response to some questions is to either verify or dispute something that is occuring for someone else. It can be helpful to know if we all experience the same thing. "Does it work for you and not me?" ...that scenario. It can save time in troubleshooting an issue...or...that's what I think anyways. But I'm not an expert....so I've been told....I just enjoy making amateur movies. What a HOBBY!!

I just didn't want you to think that your question was not understood. Your question was very easy to understand. I am not sure why the 6 other video editing programs allow you to MOUSE DRAG SELECT in the TIMELINE and Power Director doesn't work that way.

Sounds like a great addition to me!!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In reality, you have the same functionality of the mouse drag. The mouse click and drag to extend the selection is done with, click first picture, hold shift key, click last picture and you get a continuous selection of every timeline item in between. You can also use the Ctrl + mouse click to add and/or subtract from the selection. You also have the right mouse click in the timeline to select all. You can then unselect some items with the Ctrl + mouse click as desired.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2009 22:39