Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube High Quality
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
How do I set up PD8 to create a high quality video (HQ) for YouTube, that renders using my NVIDIA graphics processor, like H.264 does? H.264/AVC creates a .m2ts file type, which can be uploaded to YouTube, but does not view/convert correctly. PD8 YouTube rendering options do not exploit "Fast video rendering technology". Currently I am rendering to H.264, then converting to MP4 with Mediashow Espresso. However this reduces my videos from 720 wide to 640 wide, with a loss of quality.

I would like the following specs or similar, that is direct output from PowerDirector, and rendered using fast video rendering technology.
1. MP4 output file
2. 3,000 kpbs
3. 30 fps
3. 720x480
4. Stereo audio at 96kbps

Thanks!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roy,

The youtube default in PD uses .wmv and the fast graphics rendering does not work with .wmv.

1. I have found that PD's standard HD .wmv gives very good quality for youtube, much better than PD's default youtube settings. I do see though that you are on Standard Definition.

2. I have found that my HD m2ts videos uploaded to youtube do not play back properly. That is the audio falls apart after about 3 seconds.

3. Vimeo now supports m2ts and my HD m2ts videos play correctly with Vimeo.

So if you want to use fast graphics rendering, .m2ts video, Vimeo seems the only option available at the moment.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Are you wanting HD or HQ? I believe they are two different things. HD has to be 720, but HQ can be smaller. If you want HD, make sure you are editing a 16:9 project. It may create black bars, but HD must be widescreen.

4:3 is actually 640x480. I always produce my 720x480 video as widescreen with no trouble, but I use MPEG 2 HQ and then I use Dr. DivX to reduce the file size. High bitrate WMV might also be a good option. None of that really meets your requests, though. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm wanting HQ for YouTube (not HD) at 720x480, that utilizes the graphics card for faster rendering (it's significant).

PD's YouTube profile for HQ creates a .WMV at 640x360, and does not exploit the graphics card rendering.

Currently I am using a custom H.264 profile that creates a file per the list in my original post. Then I have to convert it using Wondershare Video Converter, which allows for the kind of tuning that creates a good YouTube presentation, with practical upload time. I was using MediaShow Espresso, but it is very limited in customization of the output file, but converts an 8 minute video in under 2 minutes using graphics card, whereas Wondershare takes 10 minutes using the CPU.

I would be happy if Cyberlink would create a YouTube profile per the list in post number 1, using Nvidia/Hardware optimization for fast rendering.
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just ran a test project that is a slideshow created with PD8 and about 15 pictures ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RHb-n41q88 ) and let PD create a video using the YouTube HD profile (1280x780), and let PD upload it. Worked fine and the results look great (see the link).

Now if PD8 would just use CUDA (graphics card rendering) using the powerful Nvidia card I specifically purchased just to use with PD8, I would be a happy camper!

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the WMV rendering choice for youtube when everything is moving h.264 is a curiosity that will surely endure.

No, its unlikely any video card will accelerate WMV encoding.

If you are going to use the Youtube uploader and WMV, you may want to create some custom WMV profiles since the default PD8 bitrate is way too low. Its done with the Windows Media Profile Editor.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the tip about the profile editor. I would have looked for it in PD.

Apparently DirectX 11 will exploit the graphics card for WMV encoding (ala CUDA), but it's not available yet.

Later...