Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi mrloowee123 -

Your .MOV video is an alpha channel video using the QuickTime RLE codec.

Do you have QuickTime installed on your PC? or perhaps QuickTime Lite? If not, that may be the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

When you go to the Produce module, do the options look like this? Did you designate the project as 360?

I only ask because there are some properties of your produced file that aren't consistent with mine, aside from the obvious PAL/NTSC thing.

Cheers - Tony
Hi HikeLife -

The LUTs you attached work perfectly well in PDR16 with the latest 3424 patch installed. There should be no need to convert them at all.

The attached screenshots show Sony S-Log clip with & without the "Teal & Orange" LUT.

In that earlier post, the LUT converter I used was BRIZ LUT Converter which does a great job. It shouldn't be necessary in this case.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Svendus -

That's odd. I just did a quick test in PDR17 using the Samsung Gear360 sample clip.

Produced to 3840x1920 in a 360 project - uploaded to Vimeo which immediately recognised it as 360, stating "360 detected" after upload was complete.

It plays correctly as a 360 file.

Cheers - Tony
Hi browniee112 -

You're right. That adjustment is possible in some other software... & the question is asked repeatedly.

PDR17 doesn't have the ability to do that, at this stage, but you can tone down the intensity of the seected LUT by overlaying the original clip and adjusting opacity.

Also see the attached timeline screenshot.

When the question was posed in another group, I posted this example video of the above:

You could also modify the LUT in Resolve and save it as a new LUT to be imported into PDR... or just edit in Resolve.

Cheers - Tony
... and thank you for the thank you.

Tess Ting has been at it again, after discovering another batch of music available to PDR & PhD 365 subscribers. It's called Drama & Suspense

There are 10 tracks in the collection. When uploaded to YouTube, 3 were flagged & subsequently disputed.

• Requiem Dies Irae

• Swan Lake Scene Final

• It's All Over

Cheers - Tony
Final (almost) update on the background music issue...

30 days have passed since the most recent dispute was filed. Many claimants didn't respond and their original claims have, therefore, lapsed. i.e. there is no copyright flag remaining on YouTube.

All but one copyright claim have either been released or lapsed. Only 1 is still in dispute. 1 out of 110 ain't bad.

Recap: All available background music tracks from both PDR17 (perpetual) and PDR17 (365) applied in sample videos and posted on YouTube.

112 videos included ~110 tracks
54 videos received a copyright notification. Dispute was filed in each case.
58 videos were not flagged (no copyright notification)
31 claims were released by the claimant(s)
22 claims lapsed (claimant did not respond to dispute within 30 days)
1 claim (only) is still in dispute. It was originally “upheld” and has been appealed again, quoting CyberLink's FAQs & End User License Agreement

In short: There's a 50% chance that the background music will receive a copyright notification on YouTube, but if you take a few minutes to file a dispute there's a 100% chance that it will be resolved in your favour.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Syed -

In PDR you can make a timelapse video (a) in Slideshow Designer or (b) directly in the timeline.

(a) Slideshow: Drop the image sequence in the timeline - select them all - click Slideshow - choose timelapse (default is 1 frame per image but that can be customised.

(b) Timeline: Drop the image sequence in the timeline - select them all - click Duration - make them all 00:00:00:01

Then produce your video.

Cheers - Tony
I'm glad AVPlayVideo's issue is resolved... but there's no way I can manipulate my screen to hide the media library in VCD. I cannot get my VCD screen to look like the original screenshot posted.

Well - I kinda found a way wink

Cheers - Tony
Hmm -

If this is the music you used (listed as Boogie Blues in the Background Music Library), that one wasn't flagged in my testing. I can't explain why it would be flagged for one user & not another. surprised

If you file a dispute, the claim may be released. If the claimant doesn't respond to your dispute within 30 days, it lapses. i.e. it becomes an irrelevant little annoyance.

If that's not the music you mean, can you please link the video that was flagged?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dragan -

Please refer to this thread.

All 110 tracks have been put to the test on YouTube.

54 originally received copyright notifications & more than half of those have been released. Only 1 has been "upheld".

By 3 December, I expect most of the remaining disputes will lapse & be irrelevant.

Cheers - Tony
Hi TeflonJon -

According to this tutorial, the higher the value you apply (the further you slide to the right) the smoother the video.

... but I've never used it on shaky footage.

Cheers - Tony
That is strange. So the left import panel is missing completely after you apply the 2314 patch?

That did not happen here, & I have no idea what's happening there. Can't ebven think of a way to attempt to fix it. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Hi AVPlayVideo -

I'm not exactly sure what error you've noticed in Video Collage Designer.

Here, in DirectorSuite 365, VCD looks the same before & after applying the 2314 patch.

I must be missing something.

Cheers - Tony
Here's an update on this thread. Little has changed since PDR14, but some transitions behave differently in PDR17.

When a transition is applied to a PiP overlay, some transitions interfere with the background image/video either by overlaying it or demolishing it temporarily. Other transitions (most) have no effect on the background.

They're listed in the attached PDF.

Cheers - Tony
Yes - that's the issue. It's been that way with some transitions for yonks.

Here's another thread where it was discussed.

Those Geometric transitions are some of the worst culprits - just pick something else. The attached screenshot shows the Geometric transitions that affect the whole screen - not just the PiP overlay.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Trevonte' -

Just to confirm optodata's observation...

Here, even with overlaid PiP objects as you've used with the background removed, a transition applied to one track only affects that track - not lower numbered ones.

What transitions are you using? There are some that have shown similar behaviour in previous versions of PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Further update on Tess Ting's testing -

112 videos posted on YouTube including ~110 tracks (background music)
54 videos received a copyright notification. Dispute was filed in each case.
21 claims are still in dispute
32 claims released following dispute or claim period lapsed
1 claim was “upheld” and can be appealed

Final result by 3 December, after claim period lapses.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: Has anyone done an actual comparison between Powerdirector 16 & 17 chorma key? Powerdirector 16 had more options for a single key, while Powerdirector 17 has less control per key but can do multiple keys.

Using some stock green screen clips (I didn't shoot them myself) against a mixture of background clips (that's a challenge in itself), I tried to do just that. The same projects were built in both PDR16 & 17.

I couldn't say one is better than the other, though PDR17 allows multiple keys.

Here are my comparison tests anyway. The chroma-key settings used are in the video description.

PDR16 Green Screen 1

PDR17 Green Screen 1

PDR16 Green Screen 2

PDR17 Green Screen 2

Cheers - Tony
Hi Stephane99 -

In a world of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, IGTV & mobile devices, I guess it is an odd decision NOT to incorporate 1:1 apect ratio into an NLE.

As has been mentioned in other posts, PDR cannot produce square videos at this time. Once you've built your video in PDR, there quite a few easy ways to get it cropped to 1:1.

One of the simplest (free) ways is to use VLC Player to convert/save the video using the method shown in this tutorial. For converting a 16:9 - 1920x1080 - video to 1:1 - 1080x1080 - this involves cropping 420px from left & right. Once you've set that up in VLC Player's preferences, it's permanently available for other similar tasks.

Here's a little 16:9 video made in PDR17. Here's the cropped 1:1 version made in VLC Player & the same thing posted on Facebook.

As a guide, when making the video in PDR, you can use a temporary overlay like the one attached so you know what space you're working with.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jim -

About a million years ago, before PDR made it so easy to create your own masks, we made a heap of masks for a PDtoots Giveaway.

They're all formatted as 16:9 masks & may be useful to you. There's a 16:9 circle there too.

With PDR now being set up to import images to create masks, it becomes a bit irrelevant... but it might save you a bit of work. You can either import the masks you want (not the images tagged with "Thumb") or drop the masks & thumbs you want to use into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\Masks

PDToots masks

Cheers - Tony
Go to: