Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update:

from Tess Ting's Inbox:

Hi Tess Ting,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, AdRev for Rights Holder has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.
Video title: "BMC121 Believe"

The YouTube Team

Same message for the other 2 tracks from Winter Sounds that were flagged - Anachronic Jazz & First Days of Spring.

So the Winter Sounds collection for PhD365 gets the "All Clear".

Cheers - Tony
Hi All -

Sorry to keep dragging this thread to the top, but there's more...

Poor Tess Ting has been a naughty YouTuber and received a copyright strike "frown"

""

Tess Ting will consult people in CL about filing a counter notification. The previous dispute failed, even with supporting documentation.

><>.¸¸.><>.¸¸.><((((> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·><((((>.¸¸.><> ><>¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Unthwarted, further background music check videos have been uploaded using background music available for PhotoDirector/Director Suite 365 users: Winter Sounds

Predictably, 3 of the 10 tracks were flagged on YouTube...

1. Anachronic Jazz

2. Believe

3. First Days of Spring

Disputes have been submitted.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. After Tess Ting's misdemeanour, I will henceforth dissociate myself from her & refer to her only in the third person "innocent"
Hi malta network resources -

You've done the right thing. Based on what happened in my testing, AdRev's claim will be released.

Cheers - Tony
Hi jakobigfoot -

While Jeff was efficiently explaining what that menu option means, I was wasting a few minutes making a screen capture to show you that it works with titles, not chapters.

Don't worry - you're not the first person to be confused by that.

Cheers - Tony
Hi kchill730 -

You have some good suggestions from optodata & Tony Ish UK to get you going.

This is really just an assembly of those ideas, shown as a produced video & a packed project you can download.

In the video examples, you'll see:

1. The mask drawn in PDR's Mask Designer

2. The mask created in Paint.NET

3. Same as above with border added

4. The snapshot masked & edited in PhotoDirector.

Cheers - Tony
Final update on PDR17 Background Music copyright claims on YouTube (not including Drama & Suspense tracks):

Tess Ting received this notification regarding one particular track in the background music collection

Epic Dreams

The claim was initially disputed via YouTube - then rejected. I lodged a further dispute citing documentation from CyberLink. That's been rejected as well, and the video will be "taken down" on 26 December.

So - bottom line - of the 110 tracks posted on YouTube, one (Epic Dreams) was the only one where the copyright claim wasn't released.

I've heard nothing back on the 3 Drama & Suspense tracks where the copyright claim was disputed, so I expect they'll probably lapse by 5 January (30 days after submitting dispute).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jeff -

I totally confirm all of that in PDR17. which is inconsistent with Video Rotation behaviour in PDR16, 15 & 14.

Preview window rotation (blue circle) does not register in Crop/Zoom/Pan, as "PD17_rot1" shows.
Clockwise & counter-clockwise rotation is reversed, as "PD17_rot2" shows
Combination of preview screen rotation (blue circle) & Crop/Zoom/Pan rotation causes strange cropping effects, as "PD17_rot3" shows.

Furthermore, in PDR16, 15 & 14, if a video is rotated (say) 20° in Video Rotation - then opened in PiP Designer, "Object Settings" indicates 20° rotation has been set. PDR17 Object Settings states 0°, after equivalent settings have been made.

Integrating/combining the previously separate tools hasn't gone too smoothly!

Cheers - Tony
Hi browniee112 -

What you're suggesting sounds like a good idea & a way to work around the lack of LUT level slider... right up till the bit where you try to apply it frown

I should say: I can't get it to work here, as you've suggested.

When you apply the LUT in CDR, then make some other adjustments, then save it as a preset the only adjustments recorded in the preset are the extra adjustments that were made - NOT the LUT settings.

In the screenshots you see the original clip - then with Film Punch LUT applied - then with other adjustments to lift darker areas (that was saved as a preset) - & finally the preset applied.

As you can see in the final frame, the only adjustments made are the extra ones I made in CDR.

BUT - it still sounds like a good idea laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi Veepo -

Dates taken/created/modified in metadata is a bit complex... & it's the reason PDR doesn't sort your photos as you'd expect.

There's a very thorough & informative article in PDNews Issue 7, written by Adrian (vn800rider). He explains the in & outs way better than I could. You can grab it here.

Have a read, modify some metadata & you'll be able to get PDR to sort your photos by "date taken".

If you select a photo in the timeline and click "Time Info" (see screenshot attached), you'll see that PDR can interpret "Date Taken" correctly.

Cheers - Tony
Hi optodata -

Sorry - I mustn't have read your initial post properly.

Yes - there's definitely lag happening with that scenario, shown in the screen capture below. The annoying thing is that what has to be processed is not all that complex!

As an alternative, I reconstructed the titles so they're all in one track. i.e. all duration/sync editing need to be done in Title Designer. I found that more responsive & less taxing.

Here's the packed project. Maybe that approach is worth considering.

Cheers - Tony
Hi optodata -

Your titles project played back pretty smoothly here. No "death by titles" to speak of.

After playing with it a bit and shifting title positions, there were times when there was a little lag, but nothing major.

Screen capture shows original project then with titles slightly moved to sync better.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Matt -

Barry is spot on. I don't have an SE, but I downloaded some unedited sample files to test.

Yes, with QT installed there's no problem importing & playing back. If you'd prefer QT Lite you can grab it here.

Cheers - Tony
Hi TeeSquar -

You asked "How do I bring them into PD?" but you've obviously worked that out or your current issue wouldn't be happening.

If you take a look at this PDR17 screen capture, it shows the LUT application is visible at each stage (including produced file).

As optodata has suggested, uploading an original clip & the LUT you're using would help resolve the issue.

Cheers - Tony
(talking to myself again)

Since that YouTube audio issue popped up the other day, I've done a few tests but with no sensible conclusion.

1. Posted the same video with a different audio track built in SmartSound - produced to same format & profile as original - NO AUDIO

2. Posted the same video with the same audio track built in SmartSound & produced to same format & similar profile (AAC audio) - YES AUDIO

3. Posted a different video with the same audio track built in SmartSound & produced to same format & profile as original - YES audio

4. Posted various other videos with audio assembled in SmartSound, ADR, PDR & Audacity & produced to the same format & profile as original - YES audio

Of course, the SmartSound ones that played on YT with audio now have copyright notifications slapped on them... but at least there's audio.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: This one appears to be based on the exact dimensions of the map you had in the app

With Route Generator, that's what you get. The resolution of the original image becomes the video resolution. I can find no option to modify preferences here.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Anja -

Like Hatti, "02_XiAn_Jiuquan high HST" wouldn't import into PDR14 here. It just stopped working.

MediaInfo suggests your 2 videos have very similar properties. Maybe that odd resolution is the issue (???)

You already have the conversion workaround. Another option is to load the sequence of .BMP files (made by Route Generator) with duration set at 00:00:00:01 or 00:00:00:02 and produce the video.

Yes Hatti - the resolution IS the issue. I just made an .AVI in Route Generator with the same resolution - 1705x959 - it imported into PDR14, appeared in the media library with a green edge, then PDR14 crashed when I put it in the timeline. The .BMPs imported without a problem.

Cheers - Tony
Well - the no-YouTube-audio thing has got me.

I've used that same profile dozens of times (e.g. all the background music tests) & it's not failed before. I've produced shoter videos with LPCM audio & YouTube's never had an issue.

I just produced the same project with AAC audio and it plays fine on YT.

Cheers - Tony
Last time I posted a sampler like this in the PDR16 forum, it wasn't received too well. Admittedly, the negative response was more about the plugins & less about the sampler.

I believe the current crop of plugins, all available for 365 subscribers, are an improvement on the earlier releases. Now, there's an option to "Keep the original colour", which overcomes concerns about blue skin tones.

><>.¸¸.><>.¸¸.><((((> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·><((((>.¸¸.><> ><>¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Side Issue that has me stumped (help!)

The video linked above has audio, but it is not playing on YouTube

The audio bed uses SmartSound music & was configured in Sonicfire Pro 6. In PDR17, it was produced to AVC H.264 1920x1080 @ 15Mbps with LPCM audio. MediaInfo report is attached.

The audio plays on my PCs here. I've checked with different browsers - no different. Other videos uploaded using the same profile play audio perfectly well. In fact I just uploaded a short video, where the music was configured by the same process (different music though) & video produced using the same profile... it has audio on YouTube ""surprised""

Any ideas? Please?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Al Vodi -

Yep - that's a weird one. I can confirm your observation.

I'll scratch around a bit more to see what's going on... whatever it is, it's wrong.

Cheers - Tony
Oh - I assumed you were using PDR16, since this is the PDR16 forum.

PowerDirector15 cannot import LUTs. 16 & 17 can.

Here are the steps taken in PDR16 & CDR4 - the LUTs you previously attached are used in the screen capture:

Cheers - Tony
Hi mrloowee123 -

Your .MOV video is an alpha channel video using the QuickTime RLE codec.

Do you have QuickTime installed on your PC? or perhaps QuickTime Lite? If not, that may be the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: