Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jim -

About a million years ago, before PDR made it so easy to create your own masks, we made a heap of masks for a PDtoots Giveaway.

They're all formatted as 16:9 masks & may be useful to you. There's a 16:9 circle there too.

With PDR now being set up to import images to create masks, it becomes a bit irrelevant... but it might save you a bit of work. You can either import the masks you want (not the images tagged with "Thumb") or drop the masks & thumbs you want to use into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\Masks

PDToots masks

Cheers - Tony
Hi elpatre13 -

This screenshot shows clips from iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus in PDR17's Media Library - thumbnails & all. The first two in each group are HEVC H.265. I get the same thing if I enable shadow files.

pmikep - this screenshot shows an iPhone 8 HEVC clip in Kodi - thumbnail & all. Kodi displays thumbnails for HEVC H.265 videos produced in PDR17 too.

Here, at least.

Cheers - Tony
Nice work optodata!

Hi Tim -

I'm not sure if you're the same Tim from Mississippi as in this thread but what I suggested there was to use a freeze frame - definitely not as elegant as overlaying over the panned drone shot, but much simpler.

Cheers - Tony
Hi BOATBLDR -

I have no idea how to build a reverse version of the Grand Opening transition, but when you think about it it'd be a bit of a non-event anyway.

When the doors open in (as in you're walking through the doors that have opened before you), you see the shape of the doors. If the doors open out (i.e. towards the viewer), you wouldn't see the shape of the doors.

I did a mock-up of what it might look like & packed it in a project. Have a look if you like.

Cheers - Tony
Hi PieroA -

Keyframing in PiP Designer can be challenging at first, but a little bit of practice will get your object moving the way you want.

I just keyframed some images to align with cvstudio's (Godfrey's) animation in his template. They're on DirectorZone (links below). I also modified the template to (a) remove the background image & (b) remove the text, leaving only the animation. That's on DZ too.

Modified template (animation only) - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176475287

Image 1 - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176475288

Image 2 - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176475289

I packed the PDR16 project so you can download it and have a play. In the project you'll find 3 sections:

1. The three templates lined up

2. A duplicate of that where the keyframe attributes have been copied & pasted

3. Another partial duplicate, where you can copy/paste the keyframe attributes yourself.

This isn't a tutorial, but it shows the basic steps I took...

[with apologies to Godfrey]

Cheers - Tony
That thing labelled as a "particle" in Title Designer isn't really a particle in the PDR sense of the word.

It's an animation, made up of hundreds of separate images - 304 to be precise.

If you have a look in C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Titles\... then locate the folder containing CVStudio's template. You'll see all the image files there.

Soooooooooo - editing would involve editing each separate image.

Cheers - Tony
Thanks tomasc -

I appreciate the links but - after 6 days straight on 24/7 grandad duty - the brain's not functioning at full capacity. When I read stuff like that, it just makes me feel better that someone else understands it embarassed

On Alan's immediate issue with PDR16, interlaced MTS files, LUTs & 50fps production, my simplistic workaround would be to pre-render the offending clips as 1080/50p before applying any LUT.

Cheers - Tony
Hi PieroA -

As optodata posted, what you want to do is more a job for PiP Designer. What can be done with images in Title Designer is quite limited.

Godfrey's template contains a number of elements - the two titles, the background image & the animation (boxes & lines).

I'm assuming you want to keep the animation but replace the text with images. Is that right? Do you wish to keep the background image?

First up, in Title Designer, you can just disable the title tracks (2 & 3) and save the template under a new name. i.e. you'll have the background image & the boxes/lines animation only.

Next, in PiP Designer, you'd need to keyframe the motion of your images to match/align with the animation. Have you tried keyframing images to move where you want?

Cheers - Tony
Hi all -

I'm getting closer to understanding what's going on at my end (at least)... & I think Roland vI's point is correct about PDR16.

The Sony RX10iii has these recording options for AVCHD:

Recording using either of the first two options will create the mess with a LUT applied & producing to 50fps progressive - in PDR16 but not 17. Recording with the other 3 creates no issues.

Sony calls them 50i, 50p & 25p. MediaInfo reports the 50i clips as:

Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan type, store method : Separated fields
Scan order : Top Field First

The 25p clips are reported in MediaInfo as:

Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
Scan order : Top Field First

I don't even know what the difference is between "separated" & "interleaved" fields.

Anyway - here's a packed project containing one clip using each recording option & the LUT I used in testing. Here's a 50p produced file from PDR16 - don't view if you're badly affected by flashing lights etc.

PDR17 isn't afflicted with this issue, thankfully.

Cheers - Tony
00000.MTS & 00001.MTS are straight off the camera

Applying a LUT makes no difference to what's displayed in TV Format.

Haven't got a clue how 2 clips shot on the same camera at the same time are interpreted differently. I'll see if I can replicate that today... it's only for 1920x1080 & I usually shoot UHD on that camera.

Cheers - Tony
I can't explain this, but PDR tells me that 00000.MTS is interlaced & 00001.MTS is progressive. See attached screenshot.

Freaky!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Roland vl -

I'm unsure which clip you mean, but I think you're on the right track.

Alan's original clip "16.26.37.mts" is reported in MediaInfo as 25fps interlaced with Scan Type: separated fields. His produced clip is 50fps progressive.

I'm no expert, that's for sure, but it doesn't stop me trying to work things out.

I noticed an odd thing when I ran the test on the 25fps clips from my Sony RX10iii - applying a LUT then producing to 1080/50p... one clip (00001.MTS) produced correctly (without the quake effect) and the other (00000.MTS) showed the same symptoms as Alan's.

When I checked the MediaInfo the the clips they both showed 25fps interlaced BUT 00001.MTS reported "Scan Type: separated fields" & 00000.MTS reported "Scan Type: Interleaved fields".

MediaInfo reports attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Loe -

Yes - a screen capture of what you're reporting would be helpful.

sure, they work but not under all circumstances.

What I'm seeing here is that they work under all circumstances, as in previous versions of PDR.

In replicating your steps I:

1. Built a slideshow using a template

2. Produced that to video format

3. Imported the produced (video) slideshow into a different project

4. Removed the produced slideshow & replaced it with individual photos

5. Used those individual photos to make a different slideshow using a template

ALL templates were available & ALL templates worked as expected. There was no need to workaround anything.

It's possible I've misunderstood the issue you're having, so a screen capture would help clarify.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Loe -

I'm not sure what's happening at your end, but all tha basic slideshow templates are functioning as expected here. Samples of each included below...

Haven't check all the templates tagged "Theme Designer".

Cheers - Tony
Not only late, but forgetful.

This LUT/MTS/FPS issue occurs in PDR16, but when the same process is followed in PDR17 there's no problem.

Here's the produced file from PDR16 & here's the same thing produced in PDR17.

Not only that, the LUT used is irrelevant. As optodata observed, it's the combination of LUT application & producing to 50fps.

BTW - Thanks Alan - I can now make LUTs in Resolve15

Cheers - Tony
Damn! Late to the party again embarassed

You guys have got it conquered. I used Alan's uploaded .mts file & applied Spinnaker, Clouseau & other LUTs & couldn't replicate the issue. Yes - I was producing to 25fps - not 50fps.

Sure enough, when I produced to 50fps I got the same quaky mess Alan did! Produce the clip without any LUT to 50fps - no problem.

That's why I couldn't replicate the issue before - I was producing 25fps clips to 25fps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alan & optodata -

Without creating my own LUT in Resolve, I haven't been able to replicate any similar issue here.

When I first got my Sony RX10iii, I shot some sample clips of the same scene on each of the video settings available... everything from 720p to UHD, from 6Mbps to 100Mbps, in .MTS & .MP4 formats.

In PDR16, I just tested those clips & other .MTS sample files using various LUTs & no issues were present in preview or produced files... certainly nothing like Alan reported "a disaster and looked vary much like the 1st frame was repeated every other frame".

In these screenshots, the original clip is top left & the "lutted" produced file is bottom right.

That doesn't show what it does in playback, but it's silky smooth.

The LUT I used in the screenshots is attached.

Cheers - Tony
Update on Tess Ting's testing...

112 videos posted with PDR17 background music
54 videos received a copyright notification. Dispute was filed in each case.
11 claims released immediately following dispute
2 claims lapsed after 30 day limit for claimant to respond (if the claimant fails to respond, it lapses)
1 claim was “upheld” and can be appealed

Cheers - Tony
Resizing example...

In the video, the Quake effect is keyframed from 0 - 200. The first example is not resized. The second is.

Cheers - Tony
"Older", as in using PDR for a long time. I started with PDR7, which was a different kettle of fish.

Digging around, I've found that PDR11 Ultimate had the NewBlue Motion, Art & Paint Effects included - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29987.page#post_box_164370 - with PDR12, something went wrong with my installation soI ended up purchasing those three FX packs to correct the issue.

One thing you could try with the Quake effect is to resize your video beyond the bounds of the screen before applying it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi GDColon -

Older PDR users like me may still have the NewBlue Motion FX from an earlier version. Not completely sure about that.

In any case, the Quake effct should do the job for you.

Here's what the NB Motion effects look like (default values) alongside CL's QUAKE EFFECT (keyframed).

Cheers - Tony
Go to: