Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 17 music
Big K. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2018 15:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys.

I asked this customer suport and my suport ticket is without answer for 4 days.
So, before canceling my 365 subscription and switching to crack program, You might know this.

I added a song from my Powerdirector 365 to my new YouTube video.
I received copyright notice and my video is monetized by third party.

Is music in PD music library copyright free or not ?

Kind regards,

Dragan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2018 05:29

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dragan -

Please refer to this thread.

All 110 tracks have been put to the test on YouTube.

54 originally received copyright notifications & more than half of those have been released. Only 1 has been "upheld".

By 3 December, I expect most of the remaining disputes will lapse & be irrelevant.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Big K. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Fish.

Thank You for Your time.

Where does Boogie Blues-5 Alarm Music fit in ?(see attachment)

Kind regards,

Dragan
[Thumb - boogie.PNG]
 Filename
boogie.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm -

If this is the music you used (listed as Boogie Blues in the Background Music Library), that one wasn't flagged in my testing. I can't explain why it would be flagged for one user & not another. surprised

If you file a dispute, the claim may be released. If the claimant doesn't respond to your dispute within 30 days, it lapses. i.e. it becomes an irrelevant little annoyance.

If that's not the music you mean, can you please link the video that was flagged?

Cheers - Tony
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Dragan,

CyberLink CS has informed us that they responded to your ticket yesterday. Please check your ticket inbox in CyberLink Members Zone:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/my-stuff.do

Please also view this FAQ about the licensing:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23343

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Big K. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hmm -

If this is the music you used (listed as Boogie Blues in the Background Music Library), that one wasn't flagged in my testing. I can't explain why it would be flagged for one user & not another. surprised

If you file a dispute, the claim may be released. If the claimant doesn't respond to your dispute within 30 days, it lapses. i.e. it becomes an irrelevant little annoyance.

If that's not the music you mean, can you please link the video that was flagged?

Cheers - Tony

Hi ynotfish.

Yes, that is the music.

I will wait with the dispute little longer since Cyberlink might say something other then "send us a screenshot again"

Aynway, thank You for Your time.

Kind reagrds,

D.

p.s. my video is here: https://youtu.be/Zm-OYw5qdiA?t=121
p.p.s. and, I have subscribed to Your channel. Good stuff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2018 07:35

travel malta culture [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2018 05:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I hope it's ok to post on this thread.
I just got a video flagged for Sleigh Bells Ringing. It was flagged by Kevin L. Lee Hiatt, ASCAP, adrev for rights holder, adrev for a 3rd party on behalf of West One Music (West One Music Group). I sent a message to Adrev, and to Cyberlink via the ticket feedback system. It was the first time I tried a video with Powerdirectot tracks. I registered a dispute, and we will see what happens.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi malta network resources -

You've done the right thing. Based on what happened in my testing, AdRev's claim will be released.

Cheers - Tony