Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Time Lapse video in PD17
Kural69 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Jul 17, 2017 13:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to do 'time lapse video' with PD17 ?
Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Syed
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Syed -

In PDR you can make a timelapse video (a) in Slideshow Designer or (b) directly in the timeline.

(a) Slideshow: Drop the image sequence in the timeline - select them all - click Slideshow - choose timelapse (default is 1 frame per image but that can be customised.

(b) Timeline: Drop the image sequence in the timeline - select them all - click Duration - make them all 00:00:00:01

Then produce your video.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just an FYI that Tony is referring to making a time lapse from dozens or hundreds of individual photos. If instead (or in addition), you have a long duration video (or videos), you'd also put them on the timeline then click on Tools, Power Tools > then Video Speed.

Click on Speed Adjustment, choose the Entire Clip and set the Speed Multiplier to any number up to 100x. The nice part is that the video duration window will show you how long the time lapse video will run at a give multiplier setting, and if you need to set the video to a specific length, just enter the duration there and PD wil automatically calculate the speed mulitplier

There are several tutorials if you need more details.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kural69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Tools , Power Tools > I only get Photo Rotation & Blending mode. I do not get Video Speed.
Why is that ?
Kural69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oops, I got it !

If I have only .jpg, then I don't get the Video Speed option but as soon as I have long videos, I do get the Video Speed under Power Tools.

I am new to this. Thanks for your patience.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am new to this. Thanks for your patience.

No worries! You may actually have a mixture of jpegs and videos, so you would use a mixture of Tony's and my suggestions depending on the type of media.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°