Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AI Art Styles Plugin
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
After installing the 2816 patch for PDR16, I thought I'd put the recently released AI Style Packs through their paces.

Very easy to use & effective, if you're after an impressionist art look. I didn't run into any snags using them.

Here's the little sample that was born of my fiddling around.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2018 01:38

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
My opinion: That is the worst crap ever!
Your sample was very good to see the plugin, but I just noticed, that this plugin kills the best clip into a blue skinned piece of whats-o-ever (the only effect without turning the skin into blue is "Vincent's bedroom" by Van Gogh).
And Cyberlink wants to have ~150 eurobucks for every style! Oh my very happy god of joy!
I think, Cyberlink should have put their power in some features, that the main programs are missing, not in that 'peeeeep' (<- sounded out, sorry).

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My opinion: That is the worst crap ever!
Your sample was very good to see the plugin, but I just noticed, that this plugin kills the best clip into a blue skinned piece of whats-o-ever (the only effect without turning the skin into blue is "Vincent's bedroom" by Van Gogh).
And Cyberlink wants to have ~150 eurobucks for every style! Oh my very happy god of joy!
I think, Cyberlink should have put their power in some features, that the main programs are missing, not in that 'peeeeep' (<- sounded out, sorry).

Hatti

100% agree with you Hatti - there's so much more CL could have invested in to make the program easier faster and better to use than clog the works with useless trivial gimmicks.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony

I watched it and thought; how brave of you to stick with it for 8 min! I can’t see how anyone would think of adding things like this to footage. Maybe for 1 sec in a special effect setting. I think effects like these, or a couple of them, are “suited” best for images, not footage.
What’s next, I wonder……….
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have never seen a commercial presentation at the theater, museum, store, or private showing where the video uses the fx art effects watercolor, oil painting, pencil sketch, etc. for entertainment. It may appeal to some for personal use. I haven’t seen any of these art video on say YouTube. The Art Styles Plugins may change things for the amateur filmmaker. It just may be the next LUTs excitement that everyone wants. Let’s see.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Waking Life (2001) directed by Richard Linklater? - not quite the same as the new Art Styles, but then rotoscoping is beyond most folk's budget!

I'm not sure just running any piece of video through the plugins will work too well, but as a planned and shot application maybe something appealing could be produced???

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PD16 Live. I installed AI plugin using app-manager.
When I opened the plugin I was directed to run an exe in the Powerdirector program files. Is that normal?

My intention was to just check this out, and I did. Sigh. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT