Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
import videos from IPhone SE
mattgordon51 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2018 16:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Bear with me as I'm new to this and just installed powerdirector 17. I have taken videos on my Iphone SE and don't seem to be able to import these into powerdirector. What do I need to do to make this happen? thanks in advance
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely it’s a codec issue. The file extension is undoubtedly .mov (QuickTime) and you need to download QuickTime lite. You need the lite version because Apple ceased to support QT in Windows so the full install of QT for Windows has security issues.
If this route fails then come back and attach a sample clip directly from the camera memory.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2018 19:01

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt -

Barry is spot on. I don't have an SE, but I downloaded some unedited sample files to test.

Yes, with QT installed there's no problem importing & playing back. If you'd prefer QT Lite you can grab it here.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2018 21:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Bear with me as I'm new to this and just installed powerdirector 17. I have taken videos on my Iphone SE and don't seem to be able to import these into powerdirector. What do I need to do to make this happen? thanks in advance

You could also try re-encoding the files with something like Handbrake (it's free)