Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using and adding LUTs
TeeSquar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2018 09:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, so new user here. A couple things.

1) I'm in the exploring the software phase and playing around with a few clips. When I apply a CLUT, it appears correctly in the edit preview and also in the produce screen, but when I go to view the actual video outside the program, the CLUT never gets applied and the video looks like the original. Other fix/enhance items get applied with no issue.

2) I have several LUT .cube files that I have used before in other software. How do I bring them into PD17?

Thanks in advance
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A couple of things. Please read the Read Me Before Posting sticky post at the top of the PD17 forum and follow the instructions for running and attaching the DxDiag results along with the exact PD17 version number. Sometimes problems like this are caused by outdated drivers or system configuration problems.

When you say you see the LUT changes on the timeline and "also in the Produce screen," does that mean you have this box checked?

That should be a direct read off of the output stream, and I can't imagine you'd see the CLUT effect there but not in the produced clip. If that's what's actually happening, maybe you could upload the original clip, the LUT you applied, and the produced clip to a cloud sharing service and post the link here for others to test out.

Use Google/Bing to search for CLUT .cube conversion. There are apparently two completely different and incompatible types of .cube LUTs, but I believe you'll be able to convert the incompatible ones to one of the supported PD formats.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TeeSquar -

You asked "How do I bring them into PD?" but you've obviously worked that out or your current issue wouldn't be happening.

If you take a look at this PDR17 screen capture, it shows the LUT application is visible at each stage (including produced file).

As optodata has suggested, uploading an original clip & the LUT you're using would help resolve the issue.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!