Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi FROMNOW -

You're right.

If you select multiple clips, you can go to Power Tools > Video Speed & change the speed of the clips...

BUT - if you want to use the "Selected Range" option, then it needs to be done one clip at a time.

PDR cannot select different ranges from multiple clips.

Cheers - Tony
Wow JerryG!

I had zip, zilch & zero idea that PDR17 could do that! (not just 17 either) I've always thought it was only for disc production that subtitles could be toggled on & off.

It works too. In VLC player, just select Subtitle > Disable/Language.

Learn something new every day. Thanks!

Cheers - Tony
Hi NigelVideo -

I probably haven't followed every detail in this thread, but I worked (initially) on your opening post. Whilst I don't doubt any of your reported observations, I have not been able to replicate them here.

There's a slight point of difference. I've tested on both the 365 version (build 2514) & the perpetual version (beta build 2509). Whether that makes any difference I don't know.

Of course I couldn't replicate your project's content but followed as closely as possible your stated steps.

Process:

1. A series of 5-6 projects were imported in each case. They were imported as nested projects (set in Preferences). This was done 3 times on each PC, so there were 3 projects, each containing 5-6 nested projects.

2. After insertion in the timeline, each of the nested projects was expanded & edited separately.

3. At completion, the combined project was produced.

Observations:

1. During editing, all projects & files played back correctly.

2. After saving & closing the combined project, then re-opening, all nested projects were as I left them.

3. No video or audio tracks were replaced with ANY other media.

4. After production, no part of any project was "missing". The duration of the produced files exactly matched the combined nested projects, with all content present & accounted for.

It's difficult to work out a way forward with your issue, unless you were able to pack the combined project & upload it. That option may be impractical or undesirable.

Cheers - Tony
Tess Ting's been at it again - must be a terrible affliction not being able to let go of something.

Two recently released music packs for 365 subscribers have been tested on YouTube - Dance Party & Inspiration

Each pack has 10 tracks. Dance Party had 6 tracks flagged & Inspiration had 2. See details in attached screenshot. Disputes to copyright claims have been submitted.

N.B. There's one track in the Dance Party collection (Nice Going) that couldn't be tested because PDR repeatedly crashed when attempting to download. This happened on 2 separate PCs.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Tess Ting tells me that one way to check whether someone is anal retentive is to ask them whether "anal retentive" should be hyphenated. undecided
OK - fair enough - I earlier guessed it may have been scrolling text because that has caused other users issues.

I wasn't aware that you'd manually keyframed any zoom effect, as you hadn't mentioned that previously.

Here, on my PC, using manually keyframed zooms:

1. The Crime Times Six font previews just like any other font I tested, in both PDR14 & 17.

2. Playback in PDR14 is not significantly different to playback in PDR17 - they both judder!

3. Preview in Title Designer isn't as smooth in PDR14 as 17, but it's unrelated to the font used.

Screen capture:

PDR14 project attached.

P.S. Ooops - I just viewed optodata's screen capture from PDR14 & 17. That shows a very significant difference! Another PDR mystery.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

It's sometimes difficult trying to isolate the cause of an issue like this. Every piece of information helps.

Did you try the project I uploaded? If so, what happened? Is that what made you think it might be the font?

I checked the Crime Times Six font in that same project with no ill-effects. Preview was the same as other fonts, so I doubt that's the issue. This screen capture (unlisted) shows what I observed here in PDR14...

It would be helpful if you could pack your juddery project and upload it for testing.

Cheers - Tony
Hi ManosFatsis -

On the face of it, I don't think your lag issue is related to which version of PDR you're using.

You posted that all you had in the timeline is a single title. Is that right? It doesn't happen to be a long scrolling title, does it?

Why don't you pack your single title project, zip it & post it here (or a shared file site)? That way members could check it on their PDR/PC.

e.g. This 45 second scrolling title judders (a little) across the preview screen (set to Full HD) on my PC. What does it do on yours?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Hogdson2000 -

optodata's advice about taking it one step at a time is spot on. Whoever created that NoCopyright Trailer had to do just that.

Obviously the music is the first point of sequence design, because the timing is based on that.

It would help you to start by breaking it down into smaller section. It begins with 5 sequences, matched to the audio, then goes into a chaotic-looking series of images, effects & overlays like the one optodata attached.

Have a look at the attached screenshot showing the general layout of the sequences.

One of the core elements of the opening 5 sequences is an image that zooms out (starts bigger than screen then crashes in). In the 2:12 sequence (2 seconds & 12 frames) the image zoom takes 20 frames from start to finish.

As stated above, there's no magic template to do this... but you can do it in PDR.

A good starting point would be to set up the image zooms to match the audio (attached).

Cheers - Tony
I'm mystified at how that CDR (60).cds file appears in my packed project. I can only assume that PD17 was either utilizing some CDR functionality or that it saves HDR-type effect settings in a .cds file.

You & me both! surprised

I just saved & packed a number of projects, each using 1 part of Enhance (only). No packed project contained any CDR project file.

Then I saved & packed a separate project that used all aspects of Enhance (except Colour Match). There was no CDR project file included.

Who was it who once said to me "Well - get ya freak on, Tony"? Yes - that's a bit weird.

... & there was I imagining you'd gone to extraordinary lengths making adjustments all over the place in CDR!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Myemerald -

Before I checked out what optdata had done in his PDR & CDR projects, I made some adjustments only in PDR's Fix/Enhance. The settings are shown in the attached screenshot.

Then I looked at the projects optodata provided.

Here is a preset (called optodata1) made directly from the adjustments he made in CDR. You can download it into your PDR in the Fix/Enhance module.

Not that it needed improving, but I made a few modifications and uploaded it as another preset - called optodata (modified). Maybe it could be de-saturated a bit.

Cheers - Tony
In Theme Designer, you need to select which sequences are to be included. You'll see it at about the 2:00 mark in this screen capture...

Cheers - Tony
Hi R4TPRIZE -

That's not right. You can select as many photos as you want to create a slideshow - or any of the other theme designer/style templates.

What happened to make you think there was a limit of 4?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Prekzursil -

Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what your issue is, but...

the profile shown in your screenshots is 4K - NOT 5K. It's 4096x3072. Is your project 4:3, rather than 16:9???

Is your video failing to upload? or do you mean it can't be played at higher resolution on YouTube?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Johnkl -

You can't actually save the keyframe attributes, but there is a time-saving process you can use.

If you save one of your rescaled photos as a PiP Object/Video Overlay, you can drop it into the timeline - copy its keyframe attributes and paste those onto the rest of the collection you're treating.

The blurring can be applied to all the stretched photos in Track 1 - unfortunately, that can't be saved into the PiP Object as a keyframe attribute.

Examples from iPhone X photos:
Landscape - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176475508
Portrait - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176475509

Cheers - Tony
Well spotted Bernd1948 -

All of the above confirmed here with sgluke's 3 second video clip.

PDR - black preview & no audio
CDR - correct import & playback
ADR - reports as broken
PhD - correct import & playback

MediaInfo shows nothing outrageous, except maybe 30.33fps (???).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Aerocanarder -

PDR, itself, can't limit file size to a specific value but you can do that by controlling production parameters. Video bitrate, framerate, resolution & total duration are all factors determining file size.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, mathematically, so - when size matters - I use a bitrate calculator to give me an approximate set of parameters. That little tool allows you to set the target file size based on the other properties & it calculates an appropriate VBR. I use those to customise a profile.

It's a bit more complicated than that because it's also affected by the format/container but a ballpark figure is usually all I'm after.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Josh82 -

Yes & Yes.

Whether you use the subscription version (365) or perpetual PDR17, you'll be able to import & edit your 4K .MTS clips. No problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi BetoValle -

I can't replicate any issue here with PDR15.3929 or PDR17.

In both versions, the font size selected is accurate.

It looks to me like the titles have been resized after the font size wa selected - like in this screen capture - is that a possibility?

Cheers - Tony
Update re: Drama & Suspense collection

Copyright claims for the three tracks that were flagged in this group have now lapsed. i.e. claimant didn't respond within 30 days after dispute was filed.

So all tracks in the Drame & Suspense collection, including "Requiem Dies Irae", "Swan Lake Scene Final", & "It's All Over" now have the All Clear.

Cheers - Tony
Hi TominOH -

When you select your slideshow block in the timeline, you can click:

Slideshow - which allows you to start again. The photo order can be modified within each template in Slideshow creator.

Customise (for some templates)

(right click) Remove Slideshow Effects - which shows the individual photos. Re-order as you wish then select Slideshow & make sure you check "Timeline Order" when setting up your slideshow.

Cheers - Tony
Update:

from Tess Ting's Inbox:

Hi Tess Ting,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, AdRev for Rights Holder has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.
Video title: "BMC121 Believe"

The YouTube Team

Same message for the other 2 tracks from Winter Sounds that were flagged - Anachronic Jazz & First Days of Spring.

So the Winter Sounds collection for PhD365 gets the "All Clear".

Cheers - Tony
Go to: