Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjust LUT intensity VS Adjust "Preset" intensity
browniee112 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 28, 2017 03:57 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Adjust LUT intensity - impossible || Adjust "Preset" intensity - possible

So, does that mean

1. Import a LUT into PDR clip

2. Fix/Enhance -> Colordirector

3. Make some minor changes

4. CREATE/Export the current color settings to PRESET instead of LUT

5. Now for other clips, you can apply the PRESET and adjust intensity of the PRESET instead.

Of course it would be great to have a "slider bar" to adjust LUT intensity in PDR like how we have in PremierePro but hopefully it will come in a patch soon.

In the meantime, what do you think? What shortfalls can you think of when using this method?
[Thumb - PresetAdjustSlider.jpg]
 Filename
PresetAdjustSlider.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2018 21:56

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi browniee112 -

What you're suggesting sounds like a good idea & a way to work around the lack of LUT level slider... right up till the bit where you try to apply it frown

I should say: I can't get it to work here, as you've suggested.

When you apply the LUT in CDR, then make some other adjustments, then save it as a preset the only adjustments recorded in the preset are the extra adjustments that were made - NOT the LUT settings.

In the screenshots you see the original clip - then with Film Punch LUT applied - then with other adjustments to lift darker areas (that was saved as a preset) - & finally the preset applied.

As you can see in the final frame, the only adjustments made are the extra ones I made in CDR.

BUT - it still sounds like a good idea laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
browniee112 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 28, 2017 03:57 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi browniee112 -

What you're suggesting sounds like a good idea & a way to work around the lack of LUT level slider... right up till the bit where you try to apply it frown

I should say: I can't get it to work here, as you've suggested.

When you apply the LUT in CDR, then make some other adjustments, then save it as a preset the only adjustments recorded in the preset are the extra adjustments that were made - NOT the LUT settings.

In the screenshots you see the original clip - then with Film Punch LUT applied - then with other adjustments to lift darker areas (that was saved as a preset) - & finally the preset applied.

As you can see in the final frame, the only adjustments made are the extra ones I made in CDR.

BUT - it still sounds like a good idea laughing

Cheers - Tony

Well, that sucks! Yea I was sleeping and suddenly woke up and had that idea, sounded good at the time but now yea you are right, probably not going to work

Still cannot believe PDR does not have a LUT slider. Absolutely cannot believe ColorDirector doesn't have one! PDR okay I understand maybe it will come in a patch but definitely should be included in the ColorDirector. Especially since they advertise a lot about "LUT support, PRO results,

I didn't opt in for CDR previously, but for the PDR17 purchase, we opted in to get the additional CDR package but disappointed.
[Thumb - ColorDirector7-LUT.jpg]
 Filename
ColorDirector7-LUT.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Look how many times "LUT" is mentioned on their page
 Filesize
244 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)