Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A great amount of lag with only one track of Title in Project !!! PC:I7 7700,3.60 Ghz, 16GB
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2016 06:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Almost a year ago I bought Power Director 14. I know this is an area of version 17 but i really need to know if a problem that I am dealing with, is happening to owners of 17 too. First of all let me explain that the reason I bought a new stronger PC , was trully because I needed to have a stronger machine to work my projects on Power Director. It was a nightmare dealing with only 2 HD 1080p videos before. Now I am really enjoying working with Power Director. I am still not able to deal with 5 Videos and effects at the same time, I need to lower the quality of the preview window but I am ok with that. I am very dissapointed though with a specific problem. Let me explain. I go in "Modify" and create a text and i want it in the beginning of time to be small and at the end to be big. So, I create the points of position and scale and transform them as I want.

Can you imagine that even with ONLY THE TITLE TRACK on the project the programm lags so much that it is impossible to edit anything? Even inside the modify screen you press play and there is NO WAY to have a smooth animation of the clip. Even if i go out on the project and press play, and even with the video preview quality set to Low, there is no way to get a normal animation. You can understand that there is something so big that the program cannot handle because everything you try to press, any button, the program corresponds so slow. WHAT IS THIS??? why is this effect so difficult to be handled from the program?

So here is my question. Is there anyone there that has about the same PC power as I and tried this on POWER DIRECTOR 17 or 16? Is this happening to you too? This is the only reason why i am not buying a newer version. I am quite ok with everything that version 14 offers but if this bug , that I think it is, is fixed on later versions, I will be happy to update to. Thank very much for your time.

P.S. My graphic card is an Nvidia GT740 1gb but I dont think that this could be the problem why this specific effect is putting down the program.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I understand your frustration, and maybe we can help.
You however have given members here almost ZERO information to assist you.
First off, you are posting in a forum that includes answers for software you do not own.
Go to the forum for older PD versions and give us your dxdiag attached. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I understand your frustration, and maybe we can help.
You however have given members here almost ZERO information to assist you.
First off, you are posting in a forum that includes answers for software you do not own.
Go to the forum for older PD versions and give us your dxdiag attached.

I didn't post the problem in a forum for older versions and I think I wrote it clearly on my message, was because I needed to know if this problem exists in newer versions like 17. I don't think that owners of 17 go in forums of older versions and read their problems. So I will repost my message on the forum of older versions,thank you for your advice.
You also say I gave ZERO information???? ZERO ???? I think you may didnt notice on the title that I also gave the description of my PC. I am very sorry but as I see it, the only thing I missed mentioning is which windows and which Dirext X I am using. OK my mistake. Even though in year 2018 it is very easy to assume if somebody is using windows 10 and the newer version of Dirext X (version 12). So writing to me that a gave ZERO information, making the word zero BOLD, I have the feeling you kind of deride me.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer, I will transfer my problem to the right forum.
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I run PD17 on an i5. 8gb ram, nvidia video with 2 gb, 100 ssd, running several video (m2ts) , music etc and have no problems,. I make sure there are no other apps running, and PD runs smoothly, but takes 99% cup when producing.

Your spec is higher than mine so as you write, you do have a problem !

If if you give these guys the information they would request, I am sure they might be able to get an answer, The full spec will be given in the dxdia file produced gives a lot of technical information about the pc, which is not easily accessible by other means.

good luck
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ManosFatsis -

On the face of it, I don't think your lag issue is related to which version of PDR you're using.

You posted that all you had in the timeline is a single title. Is that right? It doesn't happen to be a long scrolling title, does it?

Why don't you pack your single title project, zip it & post it here (or a shared file site)? That way members could check it on their PDR/PC.

e.g. This 45 second scrolling title judders (a little) across the preview screen (set to Full HD) on my PC. What does it do on yours?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi ManosFatsis -

On the face of it, I don't think your lag issue is related to which version of PDR you're using.

You posted that all you had in the timeline is a single title. Is that right? It doesn't happen to be a long scrolling title, does it?

Why don't you pack your single title project, zip it & post it here (or a shared file site)? That way members could check it on their PDR/PC.

e.g. This 45 second scrolling title judders (a little) across the preview screen (set to Full HD) on my PC. What does it do on yours?

Cheers - Tony

It seems that the problem was the specific fonts I used. I am still curious if this is happening to newer versions too. Here is the font if you like to test it. https://dl.dafont.com/dl/?f=crimes_times_six Tony thank you very much for your help!
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Forgot to mention on my posting, that on a long editing session and I know where my source clips, music etc come from, I close down the Internet connection and also stop the virus checking software, the latter, depending on the product can be set to restart after a time period, or restart or login.

rgds
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Forgot to mention on my posting, that on a long editing session and I know where my source clips, music etc come from, I close down the Internet connection and also stop the virus checking software, the latter, depending on the product can be set to restart after a time period, or restart or login.

rgds

Yes this is a good idea Tony but I think when you have a strong PC, I think it is not going to make that of a difference.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

It's sometimes difficult trying to isolate the cause of an issue like this. Every piece of information helps.

Did you try the project I uploaded? If so, what happened? Is that what made you think it might be the font?

I checked the Crime Times Six font in that same project with no ill-effects. Preview was the same as other fonts, so I doubt that's the issue. This screen capture (unlisted) shows what I observed here in PDR14...

It would be helpful if you could pack your juddery project and upload it for testing.

Cheers - Tony
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

It's sometimes difficult trying to isolate the cause of an issue like this. Every piece of information helps.

Did you try the project I uploaded? If so, what happened? Is that what made you think it might be the font?

I checked the Crime Times Six font in that same project with no ill-effects. Preview was the same as other fonts, so I doubt that's the issue. This screen capture (unlisted) shows what I observed here in PDR14...

It would be helpful if you could pack your juddery project and upload it for testing.

Cheers - Tony

you have to try it with the manual effect i did on the titles. The scrolling of the text is smooth for me also. The problem was that the specific manual effect that i used (just a zoom in) didnt work with this specific font. I tried it with another normal font and it is working without a problem . I just find it so crazy how can such a small size text font bring the whole system down if it used with zoom in. I will upload my project here so you can try it too. For other that might need to test it also, the font is this one https://dl.dafont.com/dl/?f=crimes_times_six
 Filename
PD14 lad with title.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
You have to try it with the manual effect i did on the titles. The scrolling of the text is smooth for me also. The problem was that the specific manual effect that i used (just a zoom in) didnt work with this specific font. I tried it with another normal font and it is working without a problem . I just find it so crazy how can such a small size text font bring the whole system down if it used with zoom in. I will upload my project here so you can try it too. For other that might need to test it also, the font is this one - https://www.dafont.com/crimes-times-six.font

I am so sorry I forgot to mention something very important.! The user Optodata tested it on a PC with a twice power than mine and on PD14 was lagging but at least you could do your work and on PD17 was lagging just a little bit and it didnt have to do with the preview quality. Check here https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=83fECXoElQA

So as I said, it is quite crazy how a font can bring down a whole system !!!

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2019 15:57

ynotfish
[Post New]
OK - fair enough - I earlier guessed it may have been scrolling text because that has caused other users issues.

I wasn't aware that you'd manually keyframed any zoom effect, as you hadn't mentioned that previously.

Here, on my PC, using manually keyframed zooms:

1. The Crime Times Six font previews just like any other font I tested, in both PDR14 & 17.

2. Playback in PDR14 is not significantly different to playback in PDR17 - they both judder!

3. Preview in Title Designer isn't as smooth in PDR14 as 17, but it's unrelated to the font used.

Screen capture:

PDR14 project attached.

P.S. Ooops - I just viewed optodata's screen capture from PDR14 & 17. That shows a very significant difference! Another PDR mystery.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Text Zoom 14.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2019 16:00

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...I wasn't aware that you'd manually keyframed any zoom effect, as you hadn't mentioned that previously...

P.S. Ooops - I just viewed optodata's screen capture from PDR14 & 17. That shows a very significant difference! Another PDR mystery.

Cheers - Tony

Yeah, the original post on the other forum thread said "motion effect," but I saw the size and position keyframes in the timeline screenshot and based my tests on that.

In your nicely made video, I see the same types of juddering in PD14 and 17 that I saw, but it looks like PD14 did noticeably worse on my system. It's also strange, because PD17's Death by Titles brought my uber system to its knees, so there are plenty of mysteries here (regarding titles especially)!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2019 16:49

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ManosFatsis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK - fair enough - I earlier guessed it may have been scrolling text because that has caused other users issues.

I wasn't aware that you'd manually keyframed any zoom effect, as you hadn't mentioned that previously.

Here, on my PC, using manually keyframed zooms:

1. The Crime Times Six font previews just like any other font I tested, in both PDR14 & 17.

2. Playback in PDR14 is not significantly different to playback in PDR17 - they both judder!

3. Preview in Title Designer isn't as smooth in PDR14 as 17, but it's unrelated to the font used.

Screen capture:

PDR14 project attached.

Cheers - Tony

dear Tony

on my first message I wrote "I go in "Modify" and create a text and i want it in the beginning of time to be small and at the end to be big. So, I create the points of position and scale and transform them as I want." I thought by saying creating the points of position,scale and transform was meaning manual zoom. Anyway, sorry i had to make that clearer. So, I downloaded your file and it works smoothly on my PC. So, maybe the problem lies that inside one title track I have used more than one subtitles? I mean you only have one sentence that goes zoom in and out and left and right but on my project were 4 sentences. Try to load my project on your PC. I have it attached on a previous message. I am curious if this will work ok to you.