Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
preview in slower speed of range of two clips
FROMNOW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 26, 2018 18:46 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I know that I can select a clip and then go to tools>power tools>video speed.
A window will pop up letting me choose the speed for the whole clip or a range of the clip.

How can I do the same for either two clips or a range of the two clips ?

I would want to see how two clips fit together and the most important moments are right at the intersection where I put the two clips together.

If I select a range on the timeline the tools option doesnt have power tools and video speed included.

And if I select two clips then the window doesnt pop up that lets me choose either the whole clip or a range.

I would want to see previews in slower speed around the intersections of two clips.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2019 06:26

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

I know that I can select a clip and then go to tools>power tools>video speed.
A window will pop up letting me choose the speed for the whole clip or a range of the clip.

How can I do the same for either two clips or a range of the two clips ?

I would want to see how two clips fit together and the most important moments are right at the intersection where I put the two clips together.

If I select a range on the timeline the tools option doesnt have power tools and video speed included.

And if I select two clips then the window doesnt pop up that lets me choose either the whole clip or a range.

I would want to see previews in slower speed around the intersections of two clips. Or the section you want to see.

Thanks
You can only use video speed on one clip. What you can do is set video speed on the first clip then select the second clp and set the video speed on it. Then produce range of the two clips.

After you have produced range of the two clips you can put the produced clips on the timeline in an unused section then preview it with full control of the position of the cursor (Scrubber).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 11. 2019 10:08

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Which version of PDR17 are you using?

If I understand your issue correctly, on PDR17 2514.2 you can select contiguous clips by using the shift key and select, or non-contiguous clips by using the ctrl key and select.

The Tools>PowerTools>VideoSpeed should work fine on all selected clips.

If you select a range that includes an image file then the Tools etc. option will not be open to you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Which version of PDR17 are you using?

If I understand your issue correctly, on PDR17 2514.2 you can select contiguous clips by using the shift key and select, or non-contiguous clips by using the ctrl key and select.

The Tools>PowerTools>VideoSpeed should work fine on all selected clips.

If you select a range that includes an image file then the Tools etc. option will not be open to you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I don't know which version I have but it must be the latest I just installed it a few days ago on a new pc.

When using the shift and/ ctrl keys to select multiple keys, the videospeed can indeed be used but the window doesnt pop up (it does pop up when only having one clip selected). That window gives acces to select a range which is what I want. I want to select a range of two clips so that I can preview it in slower speed. The range I want to preview is always right at the intersection of both clips. I want to view it in slower speed to really see if both clips fit together.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi FROMNOW -

You're right.

If you select multiple clips, you can go to Power Tools > Video Speed & change the speed of the clips...

BUT - if you want to use the "Selected Range" option, then it needs to be done one clip at a time.

PDR cannot select different ranges from multiple clips.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you all