Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question on non-trial feature for 4k Video
Josh82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2019 19:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Good Evening, I am looking to purchase video editing software for a large amount of video i have stored that has been filmed in AVCHD format from my Sony Cybershot. These are MTS files and when the video is imported into the trial version of PowerDirector17 there is no audio track with these files unless the format is changed to a lower quality format (MP4). When attempting to import these AVCHD files (.MTS) I do get a notice stating "Your version of the PowerDirector doesn't support this feature", and the notification attempts to point me towards PowerDirector 365 which is subscription based. I am looking for video editing software that is not subscription based but a one time purchase, my question is, does the full version of PowerDirector 17 support importing and exporting 4k video and AVCHD files, or is that feature only available in PowerDirector365.

TLDR: Does the full version of PowerDirector 17 support importing and exporting 4k video and AVCHD files, or is that feature only available in PowerDirector365.

Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2019 19:30

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Josh82 -

Yes & Yes.

Whether you use the subscription version (365) or perpetual PDR17, you'll be able to import & edit your 4K .MTS clips. No problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!