Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to rearrange photos in a slideshow presentation
TomInOH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2019 22:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I created and saved my first slideshow with photos and music. I want to go back in and edit the order of the photos but I can't figure out how to do it. When I import my project, the photos are all grouped together in the timeline. The individual pictures in the box above it are locked and cannot be rearranged. I'm guessing this is a simple fix but I've spent hours trying to find out what I'm doing wrong.. Can anyone PLEASE HELP with this? All I'm trying to do is edit an existing project of photos by rearranging the order of the slide presentation..

We are putting together a slide show for my son for his graduation and want to keep it very simple.

Thank you in advance,
Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2019 03:40

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you trying to edit the slide show? You can't do it very easily !.

Open the project ; it is a " .pds " file and edit that. You should be able to open the project from PowerDirector or search for it on your computer and then right click to open with Power Director. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
TomInOH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you trying to edit the slide show? You can't do it very easily !.

Open the project ; it is a " .pds " file and edit that. You should be able to open the project from PowerDirector or search for it on your computer and then right click to open with Power Director.

Thank you for the reply. I am able to open the file in Power Director but it's very hard to move photos around because it puts you in the Timeline edit mode. Ideally, I'd like to be able to go back in the photo slideshow mode where I can easily drag & drop photos around, then resave it again. The timeline edit mode is very complicated and hard to navigate. Is there a way to open the file back up and do all the edits in Slideshow mode (move photos, add music, add photos), then save again? That would be perfect!

Tom
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you for the reply. I am able to open the file in Power Director but it's very hard to move photos around because it puts you in the Timeline edit mode. Ideally, I'd like to be able to go back in the photo slideshow mode where I can easily drag & drop photos around, then resave it again. The timeline edit mode is very complicated and hard to navigate. Is there a way to open the file back up and do all the edits in Slideshow mode (move photos, add music, add photos), then save again? That would be perfect!

Tom

In the menu near the top, go to "view" and then select "Storyboard view." The individual imaqges will appear in a block pattern. You can select and move as you like. Make sure there are no blank blocks when you are finished. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TominOH -

When you select your slideshow block in the timeline, you can click:

Slideshow - which allows you to start again. The photo order can be modified within each template in Slideshow creator.

Customise (for some templates)

(right click) Remove Slideshow Effects - which shows the individual photos. Re-order as you wish then select Slideshow & make sure you check "Timeline Order" when setting up your slideshow.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
TomInOH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi TominOH -

When you select your slideshow block in the timeline, you can click:

Slideshow - which allows you to start again. The photo order can be modified within each template in Slideshow creator.

Customise (for some templates)

(right click) Remove Slideshow Effects - which shows the individual photos. Re-order as you wish then select Slideshow & make sure you check "Timeline Order" when setting up your slideshow.

Cheers - Tony

Tony - Thanks for the reply. We must be doing something very wrong. I consider myself to be somewhat tech saavy but this program is not user friendly. The program is so easy to use initially once you're in the storyboard and organize your photos but once you create the video and save it, it becomes extremely difficult to make any quick modifications when you go back in. Is it just me?
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Occasionally I have produced the slideshow (in my case as aH264 m2ts file) and edited that.

It does mess up the audio, but there is a benefit of editing the audio to suit the slideshow which sometimes does quite fit with the original.

rgds
NikkiK83 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2019 19:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm so frustrated by this as well! I have 315 images in a slideshow and ONE is upside down! I can't figure out how to remove or flip that one picture without starting completely over. Did you have any luck?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm so frustrated by this as well! I have 315 images in a slideshow and ONE is upside down! I can't figure out how to remove or flip that one picture without starting completely over. Did you have any luck?

ynotfish's post from Jan 4 shows the steps to edit the problem clip on the timeline. Once you've removed the slideshow effect, double-click on the image tp open the PiP Designer and set the Rotation to 180. Save the change, then go back to the timeline and select all of the images, then (re)create the slideshow with your same settings.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm so frustrated by this as well! I have 315 images in a slideshow and ONE is upside down! I can't figure out how to remove or flip that one picture without starting completely over. Did you have any luck?

Hi,
Running PDR 17.3.2721.0

As far as I can tell PDR still ignores some timeline edits, particularly the orientation flag when using the edited image in a slideshow.

The only certain method to correct the issue in your case, may be to correct the orientation in an external imaging program so that it displays correctly and then use that corrected image in your slideshow.

So, if you can get back to your slideshow on the timeline, remove the slideshow effects (painful if youve done a lot of customisation), substitiute the corrected image and re-run your slideshow build.

As a long shot, depending on the slideshow effect used, you might be able to run the same slideshow build on the single corrected image and then insert that into your finished slideshow video - in effect overwriting the original upside down image with the corrected single slideshow??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do