Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I'm currently a PD10 user searching for software that is similiar to Adobe After Effects. I import NewTek Lightwave 3D animations into PD 10 currently.

My goal is to import image sequences from Lightwave into a post production software package to make changes in layers.

For example: LW animation in a layer & video in a layer with other elements in a different layer.

Does PD13 offer this kind of control and features?

Any assistance is appreciated.

PD is not working in layers the way you are thinking about, but you can of course mix different video clips using different timelines.

For specific VFX/compositing packages AE alternative I did wrote you in PM.
About suggestions here is mine: why not standardize plugin interface using OpenFX.

In that way we can access to a huge and growing community of high quality commercial or free VFX plugins.
Asked here since didn't find any reference to OpenFX into plugin documentation, maybe I was missing something.

Will follow your suggestion, thanks.
Did recently bought some OpenFX plugins.

Think there isn't any support in PD12, there is in PD13, or is planned for future versions?
Ok now I notice the fact multicam generate multiple clips, not just one clip with many segments such as multitrim do.

So you are right PD is behaving as designed, one thumbnail per clip.

Will use a new project so to edit only the one clip version of the multicam track.

Thanks.
Quote: Click on preferences/editing and see if that check on enable continuous thumbnail is still checked. If it is then uncheck it and hit okay, not cancel or X. I just unchecked it on mine and all those thumbnails disappeared in a flash after I hit okay.

Tested and understood: the command have effect only on "standard" timeline, not on multicam timeline.

Tried check and uncheck again and thumbnails appear and disappear from standard track, doesn't affect multicam one.

Attach a snip to better explain, first track is the standard one, second is multitrack.

A bug?

Need to lower PD12 activities to deal with my low spec hw.

In Editing Preferences I deselect "Enable continuous thumbnails on video clips for easy scene recognition", but PD it's still producing thumbnails in the long multiclip track I did have in my timeline, pushing CPU to 80-90%.

Any way to avoid this?
Quote: A PD13 tutorial. See if it provides any insight for your queries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazEBOU5oW0

Appear PD13 bring in great improvements into multicam and that's welcome since in PD12 is pretty basic.
Since now I produced the unique clip to edit, need to analyze if make sense to me upgrading again (upgraded to 12 just a couple of months ago)
Generated the multicam version of my project, with also transitions etc.
Trimming it with all the slices etc its difficult prefer to have a single clip.

There are any way to achieve that without first producing the whole project and reimport the new clip?
Also can I import the new clip on the same project and edit only that one without touching the multicam edit?
Thanks Daniel,

I also think so, in fact my question was more an open question for anyone with knowledge about video and animation to discuss about the way I can achieve this.

My present understanding is I need some sensor such as Kinect, digital assets such as particles or others elements that need to be animated and a 3d realtime engine such as a game engine to animate in realtime the assets based on the sensor input.

Any other idea is welcomed.
For performers we wanted to create interactive graphics effects on live stage for best graphics results.

something like this http://youtu.be/maEyV0MacpM

Can PD particle system be able to do this, considering realtime interactive animation?
Or (I think) need using something else, such as game engine? Or animation software? Or augmented reality software?
Quote:
Hi david445,
I've had a quick look at the clips info. I'm more concerned with the fixed rated one than anything else. It has a compressed frame size of 1440x1080 and I have seen in the past this type cause problems when mixed with other frame sizes. I suggest you convert the fixed frame size to the same as the others and then edit them all. If you're in doubt about the variable rated one - run that through and convert it to the same as the others/mts format.
Just an opinion.
Dafydd

Thanks Dafydd, there are any tool you suggest to convert variable --> fixed frame rate?
I can't find any specific function in PD12 searching trough manual, tutorial or forum.
Need to produce a video for the web using what I got, meaning clips coming from a consumer camcorder and also from a smartphone.

First one used 25 fps fixed frame rate, second one variable ranging from 25.793 to 96.000. PD12 project it's set to 25 fps PAL.

Output AVC H264 got a variable frame rate, that it's not well accepted on Vimeo where I will upload the video.

There are any way to "normalize" variable frame rate into fixed one?

I attach MediaInfo of variable and fixed frame rates samples and of the output file.
Quote:
If you uncheck hardware encoding on the Final output window, you will likely get the best results possible.

66 Minutes is just 6 minutes too long for a single layer disk.
Smart fit reduces the bit rate and resolution to make the video fit the disk space.

If you could edit your video 6-7 minutes shorter, it would fit on a single layer disk at DVD HQ quality.
Or you can use a Double Layer DVD disk. Change the 2D disk > DVD to 8.5 GB instead of 4.7 GB.

The length of video is single layer Disk = about 1 hour. Double Layer Disk = about 2 hours.

Solved, the problem was not hw acceleration (artifacts was present even without) but smart fit.
Using HQ - Best quality option the file its just a bit bigger but without visible artifact.
Now need to verify if fits inside my DVD, guaranteed for 70min video.
Quote:
You can create a Disk folder that is the structure of a DVD on your hard drive.

Create Disk > 2d disk > DVD. Click Burn in 2D button (Bottom Right). Uncheck Burn Disk, Check Burn Disk Folder.

Done it thanks.

Strange is most of the video (total length 66 min) it's ok but some part are really bad, I attach some example where the NOK are with artifacts and OK without. Encoded using Smart Fit at 720x576 @ 8,5 Mbit.

My idea is can be quick sync encoding, but want to have your opinion before testing using PD engine and waiting another 40 min or more for a result.
Can you post the file info about the file you uploaded?
It's not clear what kind of file you created.
Working to create a DVD and have some doubts:

Video preview of the various chapters is working only for the first in the list, need I to enable some option to have it on the others?

Also in the Preview appear to me the graphics quality of the template it's mixed with scaling text and some graphics, just happens in the preview or also need I to search for another template?

I can't find also a way to add more than three titles in every submenu.

Finally it's possible to produce a DVD on HDD for testing?
Videos I need to balance are not coming from my cameras, was created from a professional videomaker I engaged to covers an event with tools I didn't have.

So balancing white it's not an option since the event it's passed and I have these videos to edit. I've already tried to change white balance in post production but didn't reach my goal.

My question was if there is any way to automate the color matching between the two videos. In my tests ColorDirector didn't help, or I can't find such a feature.

Will post two frames to give an example tomorrow.
Quote: In my opinion, you should be able to achieve chromatic equalization using the White Balance tool. The two sliders (Color Temperature and Tint) should effectively do the same job as changing red, green, and blue sensitivity. However, I am afraid you need to take an experimental approach, which may be a tedious job indeed.

What a pain doing it all by hand!
I was really expecting ColorDirector to be able to automatize some work, otherwise didn't see so much need of this package having similar control into PD12.
Need to edit clips coming from Canon and GoPro cams to create a single video.

The cameras show different colors set, with some experiments I understood its not only a question of white balance.

There are any way to "equalize" colors, extracting a master standard settings from Canon clips and apply to GoPro one? Or I'm wrong and the concept itself its not applicable?

I did give a try to ColorDirector but can't find anything similar.
Just to give the last update: after giving up with multicam editing since after 3 min all was lagging, and waiting for budget grow for a new PC (conf ready), having more time I try one last thing: disable all non fundamental running services on my laptop.

It work, and I just finished editing in multicam the three mkv files, with 68 min available to edit on timeline.

I need now to be able to edit it and appear I'm at the limit of my laptop possibilities since PD it's lagging just opening the project to produce thumbnails, but so far so good.
Go to: