Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD questions
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Working to create a DVD and have some doubts:

Video preview of the various chapters is working only for the first in the list, need I to enable some option to have it on the others?

Also in the Preview appear to me the graphics quality of the template it's mixed with scaling text and some graphics, just happens in the preview or also need I to search for another template?

I can't find also a way to add more than three titles in every submenu.

Finally it's possible to produce a DVD on HDD for testing?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2014 16:54

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Working to create a DVD and have some doubts:

Video preview of the various chapters is working only for the first in the list, need I to enable some option to have it on the others?

Also in the Preview appear to me the graphics quality of the template it's mixed with scaling text and some graphics, just happens in the preview or also need I to search for another template?

Finally it's possible to produce a DVD on HDD for testing?

You can create a Disk folder that is the structure of a DVD on your hard drive.

Create Disk > 2d disk > DVD. Click Burn in 2D button (Bottom Right). Uncheck Burn Disk, Check Burn Disk Folder.

You can have up to 14 items on the scenes pages. You can find Menu Templates on Director Zone.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Create Disk > 2d disk > DVD. Click Burn in 2D button (Bottom Right). Uncheck Burn Disk, Check Burn Disk Folder.

Done it thanks.

Strange is most of the video (total length 66 min) it's ok but some part are really bad, I attach some example where the NOK are with artifacts and OK without. Encoded using Smart Fit at 720x576 @ 8,5 Mbit.

My idea is can be quick sync encoding, but want to have your opinion before testing using PD engine and waiting another 40 min or more for a result.
[Thumb - Example 1 NOK.JPG]
 Filename
Example 1 NOK.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)
[Thumb - Example 2 NOK.JPG]
 Filename
Example 2 NOK.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
64 time(s)
[Thumb - Example 2 OK.JPG]
 Filename
Example 2 OK.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2014 16:44

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Done it thanks.

Strange is most of the video (total length 66 min) it's ok but some part are really bad, I attach some example where the NOK are with artifacts and OK without. Encoded using Smart Fit at 720x576 @ 8,5 Mbit.

My idea is can be quick sync encoding, but want to have your opinion before testing using PD engine and waiting another 40 min or more for a result.

If you uncheck hardware encoding on the Final output window, you will likely get the best results possible.

66 Minutes is just 6 minutes too long for a single layer disk.
Smart fit reduces the bit rate and resolution to make the video fit the disk space.

If you could edit your video 6-7 minutes shorter, it would fit on a single layer disk at DVD HQ quality.
Or you can use a Double Layer DVD disk. Change the 2D disk > DVD to 8.5 GB instead of 4.7 GB.

The length of video is single layer Disk = about 1 hour. Double Layer Disk = about 2 hours.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
If you uncheck hardware encoding on the Final output window, you will likely get the best results possible.

66 Minutes is just 6 minutes too long for a single layer disk.
Smart fit reduces the bit rate and resolution to make the video fit the disk space.

If you could edit your video 6-7 minutes shorter, it would fit on a single layer disk at DVD HQ quality.
Or you can use a Double Layer DVD disk. Change the 2D disk > DVD to 8.5 GB instead of 4.7 GB.

The length of video is single layer Disk = about 1 hour. Double Layer Disk = about 2 hours.

Solved, the problem was not hw acceleration (artifacts was present even without) but smart fit.
Using HQ - Best quality option the file its just a bit bigger but without visible artifact.
Now need to verify if fits inside my DVD, guaranteed for 70min video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2014 18:13