Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some possibly unusual use of particles
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
For performers we wanted to create interactive graphics effects on live stage for best graphics results.

something like this http://youtu.be/maEyV0MacpM

Can PD particle system be able to do this, considering realtime interactive animation?
Or (I think) need using something else, such as game engine? Or animation software? Or augmented reality software?
Daniel.Saxer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Argentina Joined: Apr 06, 2014 23:08 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!, I am not an expert in PD neither particles, but I believe, that video, the background video, is an animation, interacting with some kind of movement sensor, like "microsoft kinect", and animating the background video, based on the captured performer movements Daniel Saxer
Asus GT750
i74700 2.4 + GTX770M + 16Gb ram
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Daniel,

I also think so, in fact my question was more an open question for anyone with knowledge about video and animation to discuss about the way I can achieve this.

My present understanding is I need some sensor such as Kinect, digital assets such as particles or others elements that need to be animated and a 3d realtime engine such as a game engine to animate in realtime the assets based on the sensor input.

Any other idea is welcomed.
Daniel.Saxer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Argentina Joined: Apr 06, 2014 23:08 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
yeap, I'm not sure, but I think you will need the sensor, then a computer and a program to interact with the sersor and understand it, then, with that information create the particles or any other animation, and then animate it depending on the captured movements. Like to appear a bubble when I open my hand, and blow it up when I close it.
Of course the computer program should render the video, and send it to a proyector in order to be proyected on the wall.
A game engine could be the best option Daniel Saxer
Asus GT750
i74700 2.4 + GTX770M + 16Gb ram