Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
inspectagame
Member Location: Australia Joined: Oct 28, 2014 03:20 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to be hitting a brick wall and don't know if I need to create a thread or post this as a suggestion, ok so a suggestion for scratch disks for PD as I experience black video files on my timeline after saving the project and reopening them, every time I go over 50 video files dropped into the timeline or when I hit 200GB+ of footage on the timeline. I can work great when I edit but if I save the project and reopen it, all the video files on the timeline appear black and with 0,0,0 so don't know if there is a limitation of PD with file sizes and amounts of video files on the timeline but if there is can scratch disks be created etc to handle the issue? Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/inspectagame
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inspectagame
Twitter: https://twitter.com/inspectagame
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Inspectagame/
Steam Group:
DAN0007 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 07, 2014 09:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi just broke away from Pinnacle - Bought I thought the full package Director Suite 3. I have a few gripes but will spend more time first in case I missed something- But where is the UI. ie to charge too e size of the story board I cant use it this small and am using 27inch monitor.
The so called $800 VALUE PREMIUM CONTENT wedding pack-travel- holiday is only 6 Effects for the wedding. That can't be right a pack should be the full content plus effects on the box seen are not even in the scant ones loaded from the 2nd DVD. Even Pinnacle 14 can alter the UI. and without having to buy more packs had enough to satisfy. It is the bugginess of Pinnacle that I had to try another brand. And they never produced patches.
This forum has taken me 2 hours alone - site must be down. Am disappointment it looks like I have to buy power dvd 14.
You would think this was covered in the most expensive package sold by cyberlnk.
I hope there is a way to increase the size of the story board- ? Is version 14 covering this. More detail on this update later.
Thanks Dan

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2014 13:27

Make it better
WIN 7 64 Bit O/S, i7 -3820 LGA2011, ASUS Sabertooth MB. 64GB RAM, 3TB & 2TB HHD'S.
Canon HDV Legria HV40. Previous-HV20.
DAN0007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am struggling to get started on Power director 13. Using HDV Camcorder . The icon on capture wont select .It defaults on capture on an external or optical drive which is always highlighted.. Win 7 recognized my cam & loaded drivers and the Legria HV40 CANON HDV model is shown to be working properly. Yet PD13 will not capture. Checked the 1394a port and cable. Not able to get any answers to-date.
1/
I appreciate this may not be the right thread - But as I have so many problems as a newbi and admittedly new to this software it is extremely time consuming with support requesting proof of purchase EVERY TIME I APPLY FOR A TICKET for which I am still waiting answers.-Two weekends wasted do far. Not able to start a single project with an urgent wedding to do by xmas.
Far more more details / Trouble shooting help needs to be available on a help button that is easily accessible.For first time starters for instance A NEW ICON NEXT TO PREFERENCES AT TOP OF SCREEN would be ideal. All in one place so to speak. I am not a complete newbi as previously used Pinnacle all way up to v14. I found the forum with clear subject threads on the problems I have - despite several members having same problems I found it odd not one solution for a known problem is given.(my particular problems at least) Again it appears you have to go to CS each time for a ticket which can take days. Had the solution been here I could have started my urgent project this weekend. This is my first suggestion. Of course I have looked at the tutorials - but my problems are not covered in the few that are available. Its not good enough, pretty appalling really.

2/ Pinnacle 14 which is old allows one control on the UI its great I can easily enlarge the story board to at least 3 sizes up and reduce if need to. I see the review and library panes can be enlarged on PD13. Great. But it looks like the TIME LINE cannot be enlarged at all. Specifically the story board. Its nice to see many clips also. But with smaller projects with few lines/tracks would be great to be able to enlarge view. As far as I can see it can not be altered. Even P14 has this. So on my 27inch Monitor the Story board boxes are only 1inch square approx. Far too small for many editors who like the story board. Its great you can see many lines on time line view - but I doubt I'd use more than 15.
It appears Cyberlink have not catered for people with failing eyesight. This is the most important screen. Is there a plan to be able to scale, vary the size of choice of the story board at will with the next UI in PD 14 version. That alone would interest me in upgrading.
( If I can get started on PD13 ) still trying to find solutions which even include Power dvd 14 saying not enough Hdd space yet I have a 3TB HDD. Am I jinxed. No cyberlink product is working for me so far. But it is the extreme delay in sorting out these problems that gives me serious doubts. There should be patches available now on the downloads section which only contains two Audio fixes.

3/ Where are the trouble shooting tutorials for given problems. Capturing HDV etc. help. would be a good start. This could be linked to the help icon at top of screen also. Its time consuming, fiddly to keep going off screen to try and find info on the web etc.. Even Pinnacle 14 Came with a nice book and trouble shooting. The knowledge base FAQS are non existent example Type in Capture or HDV Capture. NOTHING. What is particularly frustrating is these problems should have an easy fix and easily accessible.
Dan

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2014 13:44

Make it better
WIN 7 64 Bit O/S, i7 -3820 LGA2011, ASUS Sabertooth MB. 64GB RAM, 3TB & 2TB HHD'S.
Rooverz1979 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2014 18:58 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see more cuda supported transitions/effects I7-4910MQ, 16gb ram, 256 samsung evo 850 pro, gtx-860m GPU
[Post New]
Quote: I would like to see more cuda supported transitions/effects

I second the motion. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am struggling to get started on Power director 13. Using HDV Camcorder . The icon on capture wont select .It defaults on capture on an external or optical drive which is always highlighted.. Win 7 recognized my cam & loaded drivers and the Legria HV40 CANON HDV model is shown to be working properly. Yet PD13 will not capture. Checked the 1394a port and cable. Not able to get any answers to-date.
1/

Hi Dan Welcome to the users forum.
While I may not be the person who can help you with your specific problems, I would recomend that you start a new thread in the main Forum Index for PowerDirector 13 http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/146.page That way more people will be able to read your postings at first glance and may even be able to find an answer.
Cheers
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
About suggestions here is mine: why not standardize plugin interface using OpenFX.

In that way we can access to a huge and growing community of high quality commercial or free VFX plugins.
DAN0007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I can see I only sent part of suggestions. 1/ One was to have a help function at top of screen-specifically troubleshooting etc. and best way to load program. Located say next to user preferences. I tried to load all Director suite onto a dedicated file on my 3tb hd. You can not do this as not all 64bit programs. So PD13 suite3 puts it elsewhere and you have no choice where its going to go.?
As HD is not partitioned guess my stuff is all over the place.
I don't see any basic stuff like this for a new purchaser i.e for best set up. 2/ Small point would be nice if one gets an email message your not forced to go through all the advertising to get back to the forum, Link should take you straight there.
Dan
Dan Make it better
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to suggest to the CyberLink is very simple.

TWO versions:
one for the home users, non-commercial use, and
one for the semi-advanced user capable of commercial use!

WHY?
currently MOV, MKV, AVI, and WMV containers are part of the PowerDirector i.e. Div X, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player.
including MPEG-1,2,3,4, M2TS, MP4 and others can not be used. period.

like you've advertised, GUI is simple and faster than competitions.
thank you.
Merry Christmas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2014 16:14

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
+1^ I suggested that a while back. Pointed to Sony model that has "Professional Solutions" and "Home Studio" software.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 14. 2014 17:43

[Post New]
Cyberlink, rebuild your software to take fully advantage of a modern 64 bit operating system.
Allocate/use more than 2GB of memory (as it is set now), load larger portions of video file in the PC RAM to eliminate the I/O bottlenecks. Today we have 8-24GB or RAM in our video editing PC's...
DAN0007 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is that right Sonic . I have 64GB ram. So its pointless. Yet listen to all the hype. I know I have other major problems. But still unable to Capture HDV. My suggestion would be to improve the help. CS. I splashed out on the whole package DS 3. Not only is most of my ram unusable. 64 BIT AS IS HEAVILY PUSHED by Cyberlink. SHOULD MEAN EXACTLY THAT ALL RAM CAN BE USED (IF NEEDED)M But decided to start editing with a photo and effects- Greatened to a music clip on magic sounds. ITS NOT FREE. Non are from 54 genres
Not one. How miserly is that . I had been spoilt by Pinnacle. Of course one gets most music elsewhere for serious projects but for quick family / fun scenes its nice to have on hand some quick jingle s etc. Ok lets buy. How much $99 for a CD. $66 for a single track. If Pinnacle can supply a reasonable pack to get you started . Why can't cyberlink. This is disappointing. A suite implies extra. I mis-read the Box THAT STATES $800 Value premium content. The wedding pack I have not been able to find the transitions /effects SHOWN on the actual box. I have found 9 so far.
Going back to the 64bit RAM problem. This is my only reason for selecting Cyberlink. And as I needed new ram- went for 64bit for future editing despite my CPU lacking in power. Yet I now note Pinnacle 18 (cheaper) not only gives free flexible music starts ends etc. but is now stating 64bit. Could have bought less Ram and a better CPU. I do feel duped.
Having completely updated My ASUS BIOS - HV SPLIT AND LEGACY drivers not successful. I am waiting responses from ASUS and Canon,. CS not able to help still. So as it stands - am going to have to load Pinnacle 14 in the hope I don't let down a wedding couple for xmas.
CS and capture should have a far better data base/ expertise to solve customer problems .While th forum has been of help. I have still come to dead ends.While CS have responded in reasonable time - they have gone silent.zzz
Dan
Make it better
karaokestar [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Calgary Joined: Aug 03, 2014 22:20 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to install power director 13 to try it for 30 days.I had to install it because it has Norton in it.I don't like Norton.

Stephanie
Fred Rijckenberg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands Joined: Jun 08, 2014 05:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
The function I like to see in PowerDirector is to add Rotoscoping in the Mask option
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It would be great to allow for volume adjustments in the menu music choice. Often I find myself producing a track to a higher/lower volume in an attempt to mesh with the audio levels of my video. It's silly to adjust the volumes of my video to match the menu music, it should be the other way around. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Hello,

PD13 has a wonderful feature of subtitle, but I have notice that there are some missing features like:

1. The user doesn't have a control on a text border, which he can decide the size of it.

2. The user doesn't have a control on a text position by mouse, he should control it by x & y

3. Subtitle doesn't support UTF-8 character, either if you save it as UTF-8 with notepad or third part app. like Subtitle Editor at http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit

These suggestions was posted here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42072.page

Regards,

Yousef

moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I would love to have motion-tracking effects, especially for the blur effect, since I recorded some street footage and I am manually removing car license plates using keyframe and it takes a long time to do this. Motion tracking should solve this issue although I expect it to not be perfect, then I could use the keyframes to fix those errors the motion tracking did. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
[Post New]
Hello,

I am working on an advertisement for my company, describing our products, its about 45 minutes long, but I am facing a problem to follow all these products because of its long, we have purchase a new heavy duty PC with 27" LED monitor for this project, but still the problem has not been solves.

If the PD has a multi session or sequences like adobe premier pro, then this matter will be solve, because I will be able to copy each product on separate sequence & render it individually instead of single session.

Anybody can help me in this matter.

Regards
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Another suggestion is I would like to be able to add the same effect to a clip like blur for when I need to blur out several objects. Either this or the ability to add another FX track to keep adding effects to a clip. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to see a sorting option that sorts USED from UNUSED clips/pics/audio in the library the same way it sorts audio/video/images.
When a lot of mixed footage, clips or photos are on the timeline,...or audio background clips for that matter, are in the library, I have found it useful in other editors to be able to sort out which ones I have not used yet. A quick click in Panasonic's HD writer, for example, shows me which clips I haven't yet used in a sequence from many cameras. I have found this feature also in the editors for Photo Books, a sorter shows me which photos I have not yet used. It's great, and would be very useful in cyberlink.

The green ticks are good, of course, but it makes going through many clips in the library very tedious.
Jenny. Jenny
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it, if not find, I have a link, http://www.4shared.com/zip/-sLYdFbO
Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC.

Thank you very much for the information PlaySound, and Peter Ozpeter author of PDSpeed​​.
Finally I found what I was looking for.
We hope that they are entered in PD.
Again, thank you.

Sorry, version 13 On this program does not work W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17