Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting...

This might explain why SOMETIMES it was not a constant problem. I don't think i have any region-free releases, but i know i have some A and ABC releases. Maybe you are considering the ABC releases as region free, but my thought on this would be no region code mentioned on the package or disc. IE home video. I have one concern since i can't find a system spec from you, but I am guessing based on your luck you are using an ATI card.

I have been dead on these forums as CS never gave any further information and just closed all of my tickets. I stopped visiting the forums and purchased a stand alone player.

I have been thinking about reviving my blu ray support in my media center, but after visiting and reading here it seems not much has changed since i left. I doubt this weekend i will have free time, but maybe before next month i can start testing the latest 3306 version.

I have no desire to purchase PDVD 11 as it seems it will not fix my problem either, but maybe i will download the latest trial and see if it is still having the same issue as 10. I wont turn down a full PDVD 11 key for all my problems and hassles if the trial works, but i am not giving any money since my stand alone blu ray play is working 100% flawless with bitstreaming and 3d. That is a lot more than i can say for my pdvd 10 ultra...

Thanks,

Quote: I did some testing and it looks like this bug is triggered by swapping blu-ray movies of different regions without closing the PowerDVD. Maybe there's a bug in PowerDVD's blu-ray load routine which makes particular types of blu-rays to stutter (in my case region-free blu-rays).

Playback order without closing the PowerDVD:

1. Gone with the wind (region-free). Plays normally.
2. Planet of the Apes (AB regions). Plays normally.
3. Gone with the wind (region-free). Starts hiccuping very often.
4. Planet of the Apes (AB regions). Plays normally.

Quote: Hi,

the same problem here, but I think I found the answer. In my case these hiccups occur only when playing region-free blu-ray movies (e.g. Gone with the wind, The break-up). All the other regions such as AB play fine. It's another PowerDVD region bug.

Back in the days of PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra I had a similar problem when B region blu-ray movies stuttered in Vista and then technical support confirmed that it was a bug related to region codes.
Quote: Done, check out my signature.
/Morten

I am sure Cyberlink Michael would prefer all of the information listed in this forum post.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Now i have a long shot after running some tests this weekend with PowerDVD 10. I know and read you have PowerDVD 11. There is one of 2 things that fixed my B3D playback after using the most recent patch that was supposed to fix 3d issues.
The new patch supports IE9 and if you are using windows media center to playback through powerdvd cinema mode. I think installing IE9 may have allowed my 3d to work again.
The other thing i did was to completely uninstall all NVIDIA items - physx, drivers, reboot, uninstall more nvidia items 3dtv play, hd audio, and reboot. I then installed the latest beta drivers again with the custom installation and clean option checked. Installed my 3dtv play, configured audio and video settings. Configured playback mode to 3d hd video and started windows media center.

Like I said its a long shot and it was either installing ie9 or redoing all the nvidia drivers that fixed my black screen during 3d playback.
Ok here is my full report on PowerDVD 10 Ultra v2916...

PowerDVD full Version

PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2916.51
PowerDVD Trial Verison?

online retail purchase Mark II Ultra version
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)

DVD110429-07
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)

TR110516-059
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1
Do you use administrator or restricted user account?

Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?

Used VGA

Gigabyte GV-N460OC2-1GI Nvidia Geforce Gtx 460
Used VGA driver version

275.27-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta
Used Audio device

NVIDIA HDMI
Used Audio device driver version

HD Audio driver version 1.2.23.3 (275.27-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta)
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices)

(current system setting) (Use HDMI), DENON-AVAMP-1 (NVIDIA High Defintion Audio)
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)

LG SATA HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH12LS30 Firmware 1.00
Do you use Amplifier (Model/connection)

DENON, Ltd(DENON AVR791 AVR)
HDMI
Used Display(s)

Panaonic TC-P55ST30
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)

HDMI (MiniHDMI to HDMI at video card to AVR)
HDMI (HDMI to HDMI at AVR to TV)
Which display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...)

HD 1080p, 1920 x 1080 24hz 32 bit
Are you using single or dual monitor environment

single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)

not using
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD

HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (1080P 24Hz)
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using

none, even windows 7 default windows defender is forced off
The detailed issue description

Zips attached showing 2 different configurations. I would have done 3, but for some reason changing Nvidia Video image settings Deinterlacing User inverse telecine on and off does not show up under any of the available methods for collecting configuration.
dxdiag 32 attached
bd advisor and bd-3d advisor logs attached

Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and files.
Installed Nvidia drivers.
Activated 3dtv play.
Installed IE9
configured audio to 7.1
configured powerdvd dvd playback to bitstream dts
configured powerdvd blu ray playback to bitstream hd audio
downgraded powerdvd to v2325
Upgraded powerdvd to v2916
played dvd and sat audio
All 4 playbacks were using windows media center with IE9 installed to playback powerdvd in cinema mode!

Disney Tangled 3D Blu Ray Region A
Igor Blu Ray Region A
1920x1080x32x24hz
Bitstream HD audio
Micro stutter during playback with new v2916 engine and beta drivers. Was acceptable, but not perfect as i would expect this system to be able to playback at least to the same level as stand alone 3d blu ray player.
Audio stayed smooth, but video went to slow motion for a few seconds at random times during the movie.

Constantine DVD Region 1
1920x1080x32x60hz
Bitstream DTS audio
Dvds haven't had a problem yet. I saw a micro breakup in one scene where the video went chunky pixel in an area of the screen. Audio and video playback was smooth and at least to the samel level as stand alone 3d blu ray player.

27 Dresses
1920x1080x32x60hz and 1920x1080x32x24hz and both resolutions with use telecine disabled!
Bitstream HD audio
No matter what i tried this movie had nothing but issues. The video would stutter or even stop. It even did the old famous video and audio stop, black screen, and finally restart.
I tried all 4 different modes looking for fix. The best part was the last 3 tests were not even reading the blu ray anymore and playing from a cached version. This of course led to a major stutter when it finally reached the point where it had to start reading the disc again.
I removed the blu ray and popped into a 3d blu ray player with HD audio bitstreaming to the same equipment. It played flawless and never had an issue. Why did PowerDVD have issues?

The v2916 seems better. I wish i had a way to collect better information about this issue. I feel like frames are still being dropped when they should not causing my audio and video problem.

I also noticed the 3d 1920x1080x32x24 was very grainy and i need to downgrade the video driver to see if it is still this way.
I just wanted to post my working registry entries. Please understand i was able to install the v2916 patch under my windows 64 bit installation without modifying the installation package.

Quote: Has the patch been fixed yet? I don't want to download it and waste my time if it's still broken as I have Windows 7 64bit.

I am not sure it affects all Windows 7 64 bit users as i had no troubles with mine before this post was even created. I can not speak to the fact if there is an updated patch to fix this issue.
PowerDVD v2916
Nvidia 275.27

disable use inverse telecine

blu-ray 3d playback showed better video/audio sync and less frame drops.
This time the video would pause and the audio would keep going. It didn't seem to get completly out of sync and go to a black screen and try to start fresh.

I need to run more testing but this suggestion was from a Nvidia forum post.

It is not a fix, but way to reduce the issue until a fix is found. For those that can use the older driver and do not require HD audio bitstreaming via the NVIDIA driver it is still recommended to use the 258.96 driver release.

PowerDVD 10 v2916 installed
Nvidia 275.27 installed

B3D dispicable me

Cinema mode inside windows media center is still a black screen with audio
Classic mode displays the 3d video

I have also noticed the following...
  • The 3d video was extremly grainy

• The HD audio bitstream seemed to keep the audio device open even after powerdvd was closed. This caused problems with video and live tv not being able to use the audio device and denying playback. I restarted windows and the windows media center was fine.

• I disabled use inverse telicine and it seemed to improve the audio/video sync and frame drops, but i need to do further testing.

• I will try to get a proper report and further testing completed on this holidy weekend as time permits.
    Quote: I went ahead and ran the 2701 installer and after that it saw the new patch.

Just tried the computer that was not working earlier at my office and it instantly saw the 2916 download now. I would guess they changed something at the update servers Got it downloading now.
    Quote: PowerDVD 10 ultra Auto update isn't working for me either. It is enabled as well.

Yea i just tried a 2nd computer from my home network instead of the office network and it still did not see v2916 patch for v2701. Interesting enough v2701 saw a patch for v2701, but that worries me that maybe this v2701 installation is corrupted since it just wants to patch v2701 back to v2701. I downloaded it anyway to try later and see if the next time it recoqnizes the v2701 is already installed.
    Quote: First worked on my dell Zino hd! Updated all windows updates, mcafee and now power DVD does not work through mce

I am far from clued up on computer terms and what not

Power DVD works fine from outside of mce but through media center I just get a blue screen

I am assuming when I've done all my updates on my new computer a setting has been changed somewhere to stop power DVD from working through mce, very annoying. Googled but couldn't find any answers

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance for the help

Depending on your order of installing updates try to remove IE9!

Hard to tell since missing some key details that would really tell the issue, but a common problem right now is IE9 and PowerDVD through MCE.
    Quote: Hi Larry,

this issue has been fixed for v2916 of PowerDVD 10 - the patch is available via the auto update function within PDVD - you must have enabled that PDVD can connect to the Internet to receive Product informations (Settings > Player)

Br
    Michael

I just checked with PowerDVD 2701 and it is not seeing an update via the auto update function yet. I confirmed my Settings > Player > Automatically connect to the internet for product information is enabled.

I can't wait to see how the new IE9 fix works since i noticed MS started pushing it out as a important update sometime this week. I would like to fully test the new nvidia drivers and check out some B3Ds.

PowerDVD full Version

PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2701.51
    PowerDVD Trial Verison?

PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)

DVD110221-01

TR110301-018

Administrator

Used VGA

Used VGA driver version

Used Audio device

NVIDIA HDMI

HD Audio driver version 1.2.23.3 (275.27-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta)

(current system setting) (Use HDMI), DENON-AVAMP-1 (NVIDIA High Defintion Audio)

HDMI
    Used Display(s)

Panaonic TC-P55ST30

HD 1080p, 1920 x 1080 60hz 32 bit

single

not using

dxdiag 32 attached
    Same issues as previous drivers. Eventually the playback reaches a point where the video pauses, the audio stops, everything tries to start up again, audio in plays but video very jerky till it is in sync again.
    So far the new nvidia beta driver does not fix the issues encountered.
    PowerDVD full Version

PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2701.51
    PowerDVD Trial Verison?

DVD110221-01

TR110301-018

Administrator

Used VGA

Used VGA driver version

Used Audio device

NVIDIA HDMI

HDMI
    Used Display(s)

Panaonic TC-P55ST30

HD 3D 1080p, 1920 x 1080 23hz 32 bit

single

not using

dxdiag 32 attached

1.Uninstall 270.61 nvidia drivers

2.Restart

3.Uninstall HD audio drivers

4.Restart

5.Uninstall physx

6.Restart

7.Leave 3dtv Play installed

8.Install 275.27 nvidia drivers with custom install and clean installation option

9.Restart

10.Configure 7.1 audio

11.Configure 3d vision for 3dtv play

12.Confirm 1080p 24hz test works in 3d

13.Confirm 720p 60hz test works in 3d

14.Start PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II 2701

15.Confirm HDMI 1.4 1080p 24 3d enabled

16.Start 3d blu ray playback in 2d mode

17.Confirm HDMI Hd audio bitstream enabled (settings hard to access when 3d is active and blu ray needs to be playing to enabled the HD audio bitstream)

18.Enable 3d mode

19.Hear sounds but video is always black screen as descbribed by a powerdvd 11 user

Well maybe they are just blowing smoke at me to blind side me or they agree there is a problem with Nvidia drivers. I hope we see a fix to make it as enjoyable as my stand alone 3D blu ray player.

Customer Support Response

2011/05/20 14:00

Dear Larry,

Thank you for writing back.

I would like to inform you that, your issue is under escalation and our Product & Development team they are working on it to resolve the issue. I would suggest you to please keep visiting our CyberLink www.cyberlink.com for the latest updates.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
    CyberLink Technical Support

Well it seems i have to loose faith in receiving any help on my issue. Cyberlink Technical Support has failed again... My reply on 2011/04/29 has finally been answered with garbage...
    I guess they missed the part that i am running 2.8ghz quad core cpu...

Lets look at some facts...
    Playback improves with a lower quality audio and seems to have an issue with HD audio playback. Sadly it is not broken 100% or i could totally point the finger at it.
    2nd there are complaints about the current nvidia drivers messing with certain video encodings during playback and the suggestion is always to use the latest drivers with this known problem. Please talk to Nvidia about this issue you are a developer and you have a right to complain back to them and ask them why their driver does not work with your software.

Customer Support Response

2011/05/13 12:42

Dear Larry,

Thank you for writing back.

I would like to inform you that, Blu-ray playback consumes far more CPUs power than DVDs. I would request you to please close other application and while playback do not run other activities like downloading and screen saver application.

Follow the steps to Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Run.
    3. Type msconfig and click on OK.
    4. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
    5. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
    6. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
    7. Click on Apply.
    8. Click on OK.
    9. Click on Close.
    10. It will ask you to restart your computer.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
    CyberLink Technical Support

Edit 1 i decided to reply to this crappy request today after some testing just to humor their request...
    Yes Blu-ray playback consumes far more cpu power than DVD, but I have a core 2 QUAD 2.8ghz cpu.
    I am not even breaking 5% usuage of the cpu during playback.

I have no other applications running durring playback, unless i start windows media center and use the powerdvd from there. This of course has files for windows media active and trying to use the special cinema mode of powerdvd.
    Previous testing with just powerdvd classic mode has eliminated windows media center causing the issue.

I have no screen savers active and all power saving is disabled with a maximun performance override.

Your instructions are NOT correct for windows 7, since there is no RUN on the start menu thanks for supplying information that applies to vista and not my windows 7 operating system.
    I did run msconfig through a different method and configured it as suggested.
    The problem still occurs randomly in the movies after they have been actively watched for a period of time.

With task manager i can clearly see an average of 3% cpu usuage and I am no where ever near 100% and saturating my cpu.
    The highest spike was to 6%!

I firmly believe there is a problem with powerdvd and nvidia drivers.
    There seems to be problems with the bitstreaming of HD audio with the current release drivers of 270.61.
    The bitstreaming under the 260.89 seems to work better, but hd bitstreaming is broken if the playback is stopped and requires a restart to fix.

There are clearly times with the video frames are dropped and thus maybe the audio sync is getting interrupted.
    I believe this eventually leads the problem i encounter where it decides the audio and video sync are unacceptable and tries to start a fresh playback by stopping audio and video brefiely to get a fresh start again.

here are some links to nvidia about similar issues
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=197765
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=188990&st=60

Sadly the easiest fix is to use the 258.96 driver release to fix the video frame drop issue.
    I admit using this driver does improve playback with pcm decoded by powerdvd and bitstream of dts/dolby.
    The sad part is these drivers do NOT support HD audio on the gtx 460.

Please purchase a GTX 460, install the latest drivers, and try to enjoy a movie with HD Audio bitstreaming to an AVR and display on a 24p or 60hz flat screen tv.
    Quote: according to my remembers (cannot test now it's the TV and the AVR of my parents in fact, but in a near future i want my Home theater equipment and play the BDs with my computer so i'm testing it) the card supports only : WMA, DD, DD+ and DTS.

I will double check my GTX 460, but i do not remember wma support.

I have had my unit do DTS HD MA and DOLBY TRUEHD to a Onkyo TX-SR605 and a Denon AVR791 with PowerDVD 10 V2113+ and Nvidia Driver V260.63+. I have had a few issues that keep it from a perfect playback, but i can get the actual indicators to acknowledge the different formats correctly.

I was unabled to find any further information proving this option was removed from the 5xx series. I do agree they now advertise "7.1 digital surround sound" and this is a big let down if they removed the PAP for HD audio. The information you got from Nvidia support basically says it is not supported, but they have not updated their knowledge base with this information.
    Quote: no. not kidding.

mee too i cannot understand this :/

Interesting I found some posts that hint at the fact the 560 will do HD audio bitstreaming. I am sorry i dont have a 560 to test this fact and prove it.

I do have a GTX 460 and i have gotten it to work, but i have some odd issues. This sucks cause i thought about getting about 5xx card and see if i was swamping the 460 with 3d and hd audio bitstreaming.

Out of curriosity i notice you have the exact same HDMI audio driver installed. I realize they can use the same driver for multiple chips, but would you mind grabbing a screen shot of your SUPPORTED FORMATS for the HDMI output properties. Make sure to grab the one from the Nvidia HDMI and not your Realtek.

Do you see DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD?

Edit1
    I have a problem with trusting tech support staff
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2796&p_sid=qzAnlztk&p_lva=2593&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9aGQgYXVkaW8%21&p_li=
    This has not been updated to show the 5xx cards yet interesting that 300 cards could do this, 400 cards could do this, but when you check certain places it says only the 460 can do it.

Quote: i verified with Nvidia : seems you have reason.

i bought this card in being sure of these supports.

Seems that i will change for a 2600K/2500K with Z68 chipset. HD audio are supported on these processors and chipsets.

Your kidding me? They released the GTX 460 with HD Audio Bitstreaming over HDMI and all cards released after this one no longer support it?
    Quote: Is there anyone to talk to to upgrade free? I think I should be entitled? Thanks

Try customer support...
    https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Last i knew they were only giving free upgrade only if you purchases 2 weeks prior to the release of pdvd11.

Quote: can i use this topic for another problem (meanwhile i'm searching for this) ?

Yep.

I have connected my PC with PDVD 10 on an Onkyo Receiver TX-507 and i cannot configure PDVD to a High Def audio track (DTSHD or DTHD).

I Have a GTX570 with the lastest drivers.

I Have the latest drivers for all my peripherics in fact.

using optical spdif do not expect the full dts hd ma or dolby truehd. You might get a neo 6.1 for the dts hd ma or dolby ex 6.1 for the dolby truehd. The optical spdif supposedly can not handle the bandwidth required by the HD audio.

The GTX570 supports a protected audio path accross the HDMI and with the TX-507 you should be able to use the HDMI input. This should give a real DTS HD MA or DOLBY TRUEHD.

If you are going to have a chance at HD audio you need to start a blu ray playing, then go to audio settings on the powerdvd, and in the pull down you should see hd audio as a third option if you realy have a protected audio path.
    Go to: