Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] No HD sound through PDVD10 or 11 with BDs on an AVR Onkyo TX-SR507
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 11:07 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
As Larry Patrick recommended me to do a new topic i'm doing it.

PowerDVD full Version : PDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 10.0.2701
PowerDVD Trial Verison? No
PowerDVD SR Number : DVD 110221-01
PowerDVD TR Number : TR110301-018
Operating System : Windows 7 x86
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? Admin
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? was bundled with HW (PDVD 8 and upgraded to 10 Mark II Ultra)
Used VGA : Geforce GTX 570
Used VGA driver version : 270.61 WHQL
Used Audio device : Realtek ALC1200
Used Audio device driver version : Realtel drivers 2.60
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices) : HDMI (1.4 through GTX 570)
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) : LG BH10LS30 (Combo Blu-Ray & DVD writer & reader)
Do you use Amplifier (Model/connection) : Logitech Z5500
Used Display(s) : old Samsung (Syncmaster 740N), now testing on a Samsung LE40A626A
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : HDMI
Which display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...) : 60 Hz
Are you using single or dual monitor environment : single
The detailed issue description : No option for HD Audiotrack on BDs (even after starting BD playback)

Note : i know that i cannot get HD sound on optical, just forgotten to change the audio output on the other thread.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 10. 2011 02:55

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

as far as I know this card does not support DTS-HD-MA and Dolby-TrueHD Bitstreaming.

http://uk.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-570/specifications

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
that's weird, HD audio should be supported with the drivers :/, and on the french site Materiel.net it's written black on white that the card support HD Audio through HDMI :/

(don't lock please)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

you may check with NV directly.
There are also several postings about this topic in the AVS Forum - the message is quite clear, no DTS/DD HD Audio with this card.
It is also not advertised on NV site for this card - whereas it is for GT430

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
it's only noticed "playback for 7.1 digital surround" i have send a ticket support will se their answer
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
i verified with Nvidia : seems you have reason.

i bought this card in being sure of these supports.

Seems that i will change for a 2600K/2500K with Z68 chipset. HD audio are supported on these processors and chipsets.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i verified with Nvidia : seems you have reason.

i bought this card in being sure of these supports.

Seems that i will change for a 2600K/2500K with Z68 chipset. HD audio are supported on these processors and chipsets.

Your kidding me? They released the GTX 460 with HD Audio Bitstreaming over HDMI and all cards released after this one no longer support it?
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
no. not kidding.

mee too i cannot understand this :/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2011 15:59

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: no. not kidding.

mee too i cannot understand this :/

Interesting I found some posts that hint at the fact the 560 will do HD audio bitstreaming. I am sorry i dont have a 560 to test this fact and prove it.

I do have a GTX 460 and i have gotten it to work, but i have some odd issues. This sucks cause i thought about getting about 5xx card and see if i was swamping the 460 with 3d and hd audio bitstreaming.

Out of curriosity i notice you have the exact same HDMI audio driver installed. I realize they can use the same driver for multiple chips, but would you mind grabbing a screen shot of your SUPPORTED FORMATS for the HDMI output properties. Make sure to grab the one from the Nvidia HDMI and not your Realtek.

Do you see DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD?

Edit1
I have a problem with trusting tech support staff
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2796&p_sid=qzAnlztk&p_lva=2593&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9aGQgYXVkaW8%21&p_li=
This has not been updated to show the 5xx cards yet interesting that 300 cards could do this, 400 cards could do this, but when you check certain places it says only the 460 can do it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2011 21:34

Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
according to my remembers (cannot test now it's the TV and the AVR of my parents in fact, but in a near future i want my Home theater equipment and play the BDs with my computer so i'm testing it) the card supports only : WMA, DD, DD+ and DTS.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: according to my remembers (cannot test now it's the TV and the AVR of my parents in fact, but in a near future i want my Home theater equipment and play the BDs with my computer so i'm testing it) the card supports only : WMA, DD, DD+ and DTS.

I will double check my GTX 460, but i do not remember wma support.

I have had my unit do DTS HD MA and DOLBY TRUEHD to a Onkyo TX-SR605 and a Denon AVR791 with PowerDVD 10 V2113+ and Nvidia Driver V260.63+. I have had a few issues that keep it from a perfect playback, but i can get the actual indicators to acknowledge the different formats correctly.

I was unabled to find any further information proving this option was removed from the 5xx series. I do agree they now advertise "7.1 digital surround sound" and this is a big let down if they removed the PAP for HD audio. The information you got from Nvidia support basically says it is not supported, but they have not updated their knowledge base with this information.
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
you know, i did not have the HD option on PDVD and Cl Michael says that my VC don't support these audio tracks so (and Nvidia says the same), even if this a little weird/idiot all this tends to say that HD audio are not supported by Nvidia 570 :/

but we are agree : that's really ashaming that the HD audio soundtracks are supported by 560/460 but not by 570/580.

I asked if these tracks would be probably supported by an audio drivers update but they answered "there is an hardware incompatibility". Here are the real words :

I'm afraid not, apparently this is a hardware limitation and will not be able to workaround with any driver updates.

For the next generation of nvidia card they answered "wait and see".

Please excuse my (sometimes) approximative english :

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2011 10:33

Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
question for cyberlink Michael : can you confirm me if the Z68 chipset and the 2500K/2600K processors could read HD audio in bitstream/passthrough ?

i've read on few sites (including Cl) that yes, but can you confirm it ?

Especially P8z68-V Pro from Asus with integrated graphic processor (through processor 2500K/2600K) with a realtek ALC892 but i think that the audio chip doesn't change anything whem the audio is decoded by the Intel graphics HD2000/HD3000.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 11. 2011 09:56

Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
anyone ?
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
aye ?

plz answer, that will be the last question :p