Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: can i use this topic for another problem (meanwhile i'm searching for this) ?

Yep.

I have connected my PC with PDVD 10 on an Onkyo Receiver TX-507 and i cannot configure PDVD to a High Def audio track (DTSHD or DTHD).

I Have a GTX570 with the lastest drivers.

I Have the latest drivers for all my peripherics in fact.

using optical spdif do not expect the full dts hd ma or dolby truehd. You might get a neo 6.1 for the dts hd ma or dolby ex 6.1 for the dolby truehd. The optical spdif supposedly can not handle the bandwidth required by the HD audio.

The GTX570 supports a protected audio path accross the HDMI and with the TX-507 you should be able to use the HDMI input. This should give a real DTS HD MA or DOLBY TRUEHD.

If you are going to have a chance at HD audio you need to start a blu ray playing, then go to audio settings on the powerdvd, and in the pull down you should see hd audio as a third option if you realy have a protected audio path.
PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2701.51
PowerDVD Trial Verison?
online retail purchase Mark II Ultra version
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
DVD110221-01
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)
TR110301-018
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1
Do you use administrator or restricted user account?
Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
Used VGA
Gigabyte GV-N460OC2-1GI Nvidia Geforce Gtx 460
Used VGA driver version
270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql
Used Audio device
NVIDIA HDMI
Used Audio device driver version
HD Audio driver version 1.2.22.1 (270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql)
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices)
(current system setting) (Use HDMI), DENON-AVAMP-1 (NVIDIA High Defintion Audio)
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)
LG SATA HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH12LS30 Firmware 1.00
Used Display(s)
DENON, Ltd(DENON AVR791 AVR)
Panaonic TC-P55ST30
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
HDMI (MiniHDMI to HDMI at video card to AVR)
HDMI (HDMI to HDMI at AVR to TV)
Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...)
HD 3D 1080p, 1920 x 1080 23hz 32 bit
Are you using single or dual monitor environment
single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
not using
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD
HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (1080P 24Hz)
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
none, even windows 7 default windows defender is forced off
Please also add your DXDIAG log to the post (as attachement)
dxdiag 32 attached
Please add the BD-3D Advisor log to the post (as attachement)
bd advisor and bd-3d advisor logs attached

All right i didn't expect to be back so soon, but now powerdvd is hanging. No crash logs that i can locate. Plan old powerdvd not responding according to windows task manager.

Pop in 3d blu ray dispicable me.
Start up powerdvd in windows media center.
start 3d blu ray and black screen, wait for it, give up and task manager and powerdvd not responding.
reboot
start powerdvd in classic mode. same crap, wtf...
reboot
confirm 3d still working at 720p and 1080p. All is fine there.
Start powerdvd in classic confirm settings for 3d. All is fine there.
Start powerdvd in classic mode. Eject disc, insert disc, same crap, give up.
Create logs, family home wanting to watch a movie for mother's day.

bitch about powerdvd and move the disc from powerdvd to the REAL stand alone blu ray player (best purchase ever will recommend it to all my friends before i even suggest powerdvd).

Not happy and too angry to diagnose further today. POS software!

Quote: Hey guys i think i have a possible fix?? It's been working for me!

I think ive located the problem!

When im watching a blu-ray it stutters because is installing a windows update in the back ground. So what i've set it to do is select the box in windows update options to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

This has fixed my stuttering so far which makes me very happy! I think whats going on is that it interrups the video playback when its downloading and installing the update. i noticed it creates a restore point and thats when it stutters. Try this guys!

Manoroid i have to be the tech geek and ask which update yours is downloading to install? Where are you watching this activity that it indicates an update is being downloading and then installed? i am guess on the systray next to the clock?

Quote: Going back to the old drivers fixed my problem. Wonder if Nvidia will ever resolve the issue in upcoming drivers. Another issue I've found is that Tron Legacy won't play in the trial version of Power DVD 11. It will read the disk and come up to a screen with a play button and "resume" or "restart" to the right of item. No matter what I select, it will go back to the main power dvd screen. If I go back to my registered copy of Power DVD 10 Mark II, then it works fine.

Elcid95 Driver wise i think we need to push cyberlink and nvidia both. you will find anytime you contact tech support here they always want the latest drivers, but if the latest drivers have an issue that doesn't solve the root problem. We also need to keep posting on the nvidia forums and get them to realize these cards used to play video fine, but the latest drivers broke something. I am kind of hoping that cyberlink will reproduce the issue and agree the latest video drivers have an issue. Then cyberlink will talk to nvidia about an issue with video playback and the 2 of them can work on a fix. I am not sure, but i think since other video playback software has a similar issue we are looking at more of a driver issue that nvidia needs to inform video software developers of new code that fixes the issue when using their drivers or fix a bug they introduced in their code.

I have tron legacy, but i have not installed the powerdvd 11 trial yet. I will see if i can make a little time to test this. You are talking the standard tron legacy blu ray and not the 3d tron legacy blu ray correct?
PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD Trial Verison?
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
DVD110221-01
TR110301-018
Administrator
Used VGA
Used VGA driver version
Used Audio device
NVIDIA HDMI
HD Audio driver version 1.2.22.1 (270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql)
(current system setting) (Use HDMI), DENON-AVAMP-1 (NVIDIA High Defintion Audio)
Used Display(s)
Panaonic TC-P55ST30
HD 3D 1080p, 1920 x 1080 23hz 32 bit
single
not using
HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV (1080P 24Hz)
dxdiag 32 attached
bd advisor and bd-3d advisor logs attached
The detailed issue description

All right since i was not finding 23hz mode on my new TV for 24P playback, so I decided to try something else and made a few discoveries. I got the hair brained idea that the 3d playback mode was forcing 23hz so why not watch a 3d movie with powerdvd 10.

Panasonic Avatar Blu Ray 3D region A

No 3d, not even menus, very odd I know i had this working.
Ran 3d vision wizard and 3d was working, but ending game screen shots were not. Ok something broke!
Reset 3d vision settings to defaults.
Started a new 3d wizard and 3d was working, but ending game screen shots did not display this time. Odd I remember they showing before.
PowerDVD 3d was still 2d! Very odd cause i started a game up with 3dtv play and bam there is 3d. Run the test steroscopic 3d and leave it at 1280 x 720 60hz. Nice 3d and working. Bump it up 1920 x 1080 23hz. NO 3d at all. Ok this i just wrong i remember this crap working. The last thing i did was 3dtv play 14 day trial was expiring so i decided to purchase it so i could enjoy games. I activated it and now i wonder if that activation messed me up!
Uninstalled 3dtv play. Same issues!
Uninstalled ALL nvidia drivers, nvidia hdmi audio drivers, and nividia physx!
Rebooted.
installed the same 270.61 drivers again.
Noticed the TV this time wanted to default to 1080p 23hz. Hey wait that is the resolution i have been looking for!
Did not install 3dtv play and used the default version included for 1080p 3d blu ray playback.
Setup wizard for 3d and seemed fine.
Started powerdvd with 3d blu ray and checked settings.
Blu ray 3d working again!
Exit powerdvd.
Odd the 1080p 23hz is no longer available! The only option now is HD 3D 1080p 23hz! Ahh I will revisit this more later might be a driver issue since both are 1080p 23hz and maybe it can not support HD 3D and HD SD labels.
Installed and activated my full version of 3dtv play.
Ran setup wizard again. 3d was working for 720p and 1080p both.
Ran powerdvd and 3d continued to work!

Confirmed audio was set at PCM decoded by powerdvd over the HDMI.
Started the movie, by the time i got about 3/4 of the movie finished it had randomly stopped the audio, video went black screen, tv indicatted no signal, then audio started up again with video!
Not exactly the problems i was having at 60hz, but disappointing that i uncovered a problem at 24p playback. I understand it was 3d 24p playback which may push the system more, but i have the CPU and a decent GPU so it shouldn't matter.

By that point i got interrupted by a visitor and they really wanted to see 3d avatar. shut down the computer and moved the disk to my 3d blu ray player. Yes that is right i got smart and bought a real 3d blu ray player so i could run hardware test and prove the only equipment failing is the powerdvd. We enjoyed the whole 3d movie with HD audio bitstreaming over HDMI through the same Denonn receiver and Pansonic TV with 100% perfect playback. This is something i have been striving for on my media center because thats is what i want most. The all in one MEDIA CENTER that does it all.

I admit the PCM decoded by powerdvd over hdmi has less problems then HD audio bitstreaming. I also admit that dts/dolby bitstreaming has less problems than the HD audio bitstreaming. So far i do not see an improvement in 24p versus 60hz, but like i said it was 24p 3d playback versus 60hz standard playback. I will see if i can force 24p playback yet in standard mode.

i did a quick compare of my dxdiag and i see no real difference. So i need to check a few things because maybe I reset the desktop after my 3d blu ray testing. Sorry i have a habbit of not leaving it in 3d mode. I believe the software should allow a user to pick if 3d is detected which resultion to use and the software change to it. I would love to see the same option for 24p playback support. If 24p was used on the blu ray or dvd then allow a setting to switch to the users favorite 24p screen resolution for playback.

Any new thoughts on my recent findings?
This does not suprise me one bit.

I can easily reproduce this on my Geforce 9800GT with the current 270.61 nvidia drivers. I see it less on my Geforce 460 GTX with the same drivers.

Beachman and myself recommend downgrading to the 258.96 driver release. You will not have HD audio over the HDMI with these drivers on newer cards, but your 8400m GS does not support that feature anyways.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-258.96-whql-driver.html (DESKTOP DRIVER NOT MOBILE)
Please check if you can find the same version number for mobile, but in my quick test it seems like this mobile driver uses the desktop driver?

You should see these specific titles play a bit more normal now.

There are posts here and at NVIDIA about these and similar/related issues...
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=188990&st=0
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16619.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15116.page#73068
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=197765
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=196709&st=120&p=1217412&#entry1217412

Please do the painful procedure with the cyberlink Technical Support group. Please consider posting at the NVIDIA forums also. We need Cyberlink and Nvidia to understand the latest drivers we are told to use for blu ray playback really do have issues that need fixed by Cyberlink or Nvidia or BOTH!
Quote: This is quite upsetting as one of the reasons I bought the super duper Mark II Ultra version was so I can watch Blu-Ray in 3D. However, Aero shuts off and 3D is not clickable. I have Windows 7 64Bit, everything is updated, including the Cyberlink software. So please tell me there is a way I can watch my Blu-Ray in 3D?

Please post this additional information http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page...

First off you do not need Aero active to watch 3d movies, so that is not the root cause that this is it not working.

Which 3d blu ray title are you trying to watch and include the region please?

Warning... This software can convert 2d to 3d for DVD and some other video levels, but currently does NOT support 2d blu ray to 3d!
Quote: I'm deliberately running the older PDVD10 after downgrading from 2701 due to the issue of not being able to play mounted ISOs through the 7MC plugin, I'll therefore pass on re-installing it!

Excellant that explains the older files then.

Quote: In relation to DXVA it is enabled and operating for PDVD10, but as I understand it ATI cards currently don't support some aspects of version 2 of the standard and that's why DXVA-HD shows as not supported. The majority of codecs currently used for blu-ray are supported and whenever I've tested Hardware Video Acceleration with either PDVD or MPC-HC it has been in use and working.

Interesting so it is a driver issue of sorts and at least folks are aware and hopefully working to improve the driver.

PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD Trial Verison?
DVD110221-01
TR110301-018
Administrator
Used VGA
Used VGA driver version
Used Audio device
NVIDIA HDMI
Used Display(s)
Panaonic TC-P55ST30
single
not using
not using
currently not attachment option
currently not attachment option
The detailed issue description

I ran into a interesting issue the other night. I was watching a movie with plain old PCM decoded by PowerDVD for the HDMI audio option. I will admit the video/audio was near perfect playback until about 3/4 through the movie. The screen went black. I could not get powerdvd to respond. I used the back menu and it went back to Windows media center. I looked for a crash log but did not find it. I went back into powerdvd from WMC and it started up all over from the beginning. Dispicable Me blu ray region a.

Odd it looks like attachments are disabled or i am blind tonight.

EDIT1
I see the attachments button is enabled again today.
attached
attached

Quote: 32 bit DXDIAG attached

Thanks for that file i have some completed some intial comparisons. It looks like to me you have some outdated PowerDVD 10 files. Would you reinstall the 2701 update or is there a specific reason you are using an older release?

Edit 1
Another thing that seems odd is the following about your video driver:
D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
DXVA-HD: Not Supported
This does not seem correct to me...

Quote: As request I attached a DXDIAG.

A lot of the cyberlink information does not show up under the 64 bit dxdiag. I will compare it to my 64 bit version, but would you mind dumping a 32 bit dxdiag and posting that instead.

Thanks,
Larry
Quote: Larry

Just an update to say I have solved my problem after a month an a half of pain; but not sure the answer will be of any help to you.

After trying countless combinations of video drivers and software I was going back through "again" all the software and windows updates I had installed in the days prior to first noticing the stutter, one of the programs I had updated was Virtual CloneDrive to version 5.4.5.0. I uninstalled it and reverted to version 5.4.4.0 and to my relief all stutter on physical and virtual drives disappeared.

I had almost forgotten what a pleasure it is to watch a movie with no stutter and have a HTPC that works properly.

Anyway I hope this helps and good luck resolving your issue.

interesting since at the moment i do not have VCD installed. Would you mind grabbing me your current DXdiag, describe your current video and audio connections?

Do you have 1080p 23hz or 24hz NOT 3D mode to your video?

Larry Patrick wrote:
CyberLink-Michael wrote:
2. set the Display refresh rate to 24 / 23 and check again if the jitter persists.

Br
Michael
I am trying to figure out how to do force this on the new TV. I can not do this on the old TV as it certainlly only has 60hz. Right now i see 1080p 60hz and then i see 3d 1080p 24hz. I do not see a 1080p 24hz so i am sure i can get this working yet.

Edit1
I am now pretty certain 1080p 24 3d is not the right mode you want me to be in. The video is having issues (like slow motion) every so often almost like a 3:2 pulldown failure i guess. The TV reports 3D mode and not 24 mode.

I admit i am not having the audio and video stutter like before, but them i am not using HD audio and right now unable to even listen to the original audio stream to confirm it is really true.
Quote: Hi,

to narrow down the issue I would like to ask you to do some tests:

1. connect to the TV directly and also use Audio of the TV (no external or onboard audio - please use HDMI Audio)

Computer to HDMI to TV. Nothing in between. PowerDVD automatically switches to PCM decoding. Play movie and no sound. Confirm sound works in windows. Check playback and list 44 and 48 pcm and that is it. Check movie playback info and it says it is outputing LPCM in 6 channels at 48 which this tv does NOT support. Check the audio streams available and lower from DTS HD MA stream to a lower version and i get some sound at least. Dolby Digital 2.0 192Kbps with vision impaired descriptions. During the opening credits it goes to slow motion playback basically.

Quote: 2. set the Display refresh rate to 24 / 23 and check again if the jitter persists.

Br
Michael

I am trying to figure out how to do force this on the new TV. I can not do this on the old TV as it certainlly only has 60hz. Right now i see 1080p 60hz and then i see 3d 1080p 24hz. I do not see a 1080p 24hz so i am sure i can get this working yet.

Edit1
I am now pretty certain 1080p 24 3d is not the right mode you want me to be in. The video is having issues (like slow motion) every so often almost like a 3:2 pulldown failure i guess. The TV reports 3D mode and not 24 mode.
CyberLink-Michael would you look into TS ticket CS001000124 for me. For some reason they closed it on me and now i can't give them the requested information they requested! I would prefer not starting a new ticket because all it does is start the whole process over from the begining and wastes everyones time. I have requested it be reopened with TS ticket CS001012952, but i expect a poor response from the request.
Another thing i noticed quickly last night was even my new TV only supports 1080P 60hz for standard playback. It seems the only way i can enable 1080P 24hz is when i want 3d mode. I may not be able to run the 1080P 24 playback you had requested unless you got some ideas?

Tiger Snake I have seen the issue even with PRE SP1 for Windows 7 64bit. I had been trying to run a test with Windows 7 32bit, but lost track of where i am at with it and may have to start over.

Shingo-Y i remember issues with my PowerDVD 9 that i never got resolved and was dismissed on once PowerDVD 10 was released. I am afraid that the same will happen here now that PowerDVD 11 is officially released.
Since I have updated build 2701 I can not longer play my iso files while in cinema mode i receive a message that the mounted drive is a non supported format. I am using virtual clone drive to mount my iso, which has been working fine. if I switch to classic mode the ISOs play fine.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Sure do. It has been reported, but give all of your information so that they understand more folks have this issue...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

you can find more information here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16384.page

download a previous update. i know 2325 works with anydvd and virtual clone drive. this will allow you to enjoy your mounted iso's, but i got a feeling we may be denied an actual fix since it breaks the blu ray groups copy protection rules.

if you are ok with not using cinema mode you can leave 2701 installed and just use classic mode...

270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql FEW TESTS COMPLETED STILL WORKING WITH
1.2.22.1 hd audio driver
lpcm not tested
dts/dolby not tested
dts ma/dolby truehd tested see below...
  • classic mode occassional stutter

• cinema mode occassional stutter

• windows 7 media center cinema mode occassional stutter

• This is even with new 1.4 hdmi cables and hardware...
    I need to generate new reports and finish the following tests:
  • 1080P 24 on new tv, current tests were 1080p 60hz new tv.

• direct connect to tv skipping avr even for audio.

• I know what you mean Manoird.

I see that PowerDVD 11 is now out and even got its own sub forum. I got some new hardware and plan to put items through the testing this weekend so i can report back my findings. It is so sad i have 2 complete home theatre setups now in order to prove a point. I guess you could say i now have a testing area so i no longer have to interrupt family time, but it also means i will spend less time with them. I am sure that will not go over well either.

I am going to give some feedback that I have not formatted or verified, but might give some insight.

No tests ran at 1080p 24 since my old tv did not support that. My new TV does support 1080p 24 so i should have tests on that this weekend.

No tests ran with bypass of AVR. I have some testing and i had done prior to this request and will provide what i learned from it.

I can make an ok blu ray experience by changing the HD audio bitstream to DTS/Dolby bitstream on the 266.58 driver. I see less problems this way and sometimes it is a near perfect playback at 720p 60hz. I suspect going to 2 channel hdmi audio directly to the TV will be the same, but i need to actually try it.

I located the beta driver that was recomended for the 460 and HD audio bitstreaming. Things were better, but once the HD audio bitstream was used it would not work again until i rebooted. I could force lpcm and dolby/dts bitstream and they would work, but the HD audio bitstream on a 2nd play attempt would not actually send audio information.

I also have ran a few tests with the 270.51 beta and had similar audio problems where i could play HD audio bitstreaming 1 time and the 2n play attempt it was broken.

here is a little chart i have started...
    258.69_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta NO GTX 460 SUPPORT!
    1.0.10.1 hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd not tested

258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
    1.0.15.0 hd audio driver (not seperate in add/remove, but seperate in remove nvidia list)
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd no HD audio at all, ever

260.63_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta DIGITAL SIG WARNING
    1.1.9.0 hd audio driver
    lpcm not test
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd video stutter, plays for 1 playback, next playback audio is off for HD untill reboot

260.89_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql might be acceptable driver except it only works for 1 playback
    1.1.9.0 hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd plays for 1 playback, next playback audio is off for HD untill reboot

260.99_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
    1.1.9.0 hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd plays for 1 playback, next playback audio is off for HD untill reboot

266.35_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta
    1.1.13.1 hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd plays for 3 playback (can't remember what i meant here might have to retest)

266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
    x.x.x.x hd audio driverte
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby seems to reduce the stuttering and made a few movies near perfect
    dts ma/dolby truehd ocassional stuttering encountered, does work for more than 1 playback though

270.51_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta
    x.x.x.x hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby 3d blu ray improved playback and was near perfect.
    dts ma/dolby truehd ocassional stuttering encountered, need to confirm but only 1 playback issue returned, 3d blu ray and hd audio bitstream played for a while, stuttered, audio dropped and never came back! Stopped movied, started movie, and audio returned.
    These items were with extended monitor, AVR 1.3 high speed HDMI for HD audio - DVI video card to HDMI AVR, TV 1.4 high speed HDMI - Mini HDMI video card to HDMI TV!

258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql I had hoped mixing the better video with the better hd audio driver would work, but it was a failure so far!
    1.1.13.1 hd audio driver (266.35_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta)
    lpcm not at all, ever
    dts/dolby working so far
    dts ma/dolby truehd no HD audio at all, ever

270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql VERY FEW TESTS COMPLETED STILL WORKING WITH
    x.x.x.x hd audio driver
    lpcm not tested
    dts/dolby not tested
    dts ma/dolby truehd not tested

I went ahead and went with the Denon AVR791 and in very short tests it seems to be working fine even the 3D pass through with HD Audio. I will try hitting it harder this weekend and see if i am still happy.
    3D-Ron the 3dtv play software will enable games and other applications in 3d that support it.

The default drivers include a free 3dtv play option (non trial) that will allow blu ray at 1080p 24p on hdmi 1.4.

my avr is currently is 1.3, but when i enable clone mode it breaks a lot of my blu rays warning me to switch to extended or single mode.

I also noticed the settings is unavaible in 3d mode and switching to 2d mode is the only way to change settings.
    Seems like 3dtv play for blu ray playback is included in the nvidia drivers and just requires a 1.4 hdmi connection to a valid 3dtv.

If you purchase 3dtv play you can also play games and other content at 720p in 3d.

Premilinary testing required me to bypass my Onkyo TX-ST605 since it was 1.3 hdmi. I have slapped a new Denon AVR791 now between and the 3D passes through fine at 1080P 24 for 3D blu ray, and 720P 60 for gaming and other 3d activities. I wish 3dtv play supported more 3d resolutions. Still learning though

Geforce 460 GTX (mini hdmi high speed cable to hdmi)
    Denon AVR791 (hdmi high speed with networking cable to hdmi)
    Panasonic TC-P55ST30

Now to report on things i noticed which you may have already tried or behave differently under 3d vision vs 3dtv play. 3D does not automatically get activated. Switching inputs is a bad a idea
    I have found times where I have to visit the control panel and force the computer to a 3d resolution. Then start the program that wants to use the 3dtv play. If you haven't already tried this give it a spin. I will not leave my computer in a 3d resolution since i read a warning about poor performance. My goal to find programs that can switch for me.
    It looks like to me 3dtv play overrides the standard 3d vison setup. I have not traced out exactly what triggers 3d vision configuration vs 3dtv play just yet, but i suspect if i block the hdmi 1.4 3d pass through i might find it.
    I have successfully played parts of a 3d blu ray at 1080p 24 and it is in 3d. Imax under the sea 3d with the grouper that tries to kiss you is unbelivable! I wish more movies used those depths.
    I had trouble with pictures in 3d and basically due to the software i was using i had to force a 3d resolution. Pictures at 1080p or 720p worked fine.
    Games I could leave the desktop at a different resolution and then force to 720p 3d inside the game just fine so far.
    PowerDVD did a good job of taking my 1080p 60 and switching to 1080p 24 3D.

I seriously wonder if when Nvidia added 3dtv play they didn't break some of the 3d vision support? The sad part is the powerdvd needs a certain revision driver to fully support the 3d blu ray playback. This reminds of my hd audio issue where if an older driver worked i could prove it was more nvidia's fault than cyberlink.

I am currently using the Nvidia WHQL 270.61 drivers.

I am sorry i still do not have a 3d vision supported device to test against.
    If this is the same bar that i see on some of my blu rays then here is what i have discovered.

Press the UP arrow on the Media Center Remote if the blu ray has its own time seek bar it will appear.
    Press the DOWN arrow on the Media Center Remote and the bar will go away.

Are you using Classic or Cinema mode? Because i believe this behavior was when i was in cinema mode, but i would think it would be the same in classic since the blu ray was doing this and not powerdvd.
    It looks like i will be upgrading my Onkyo Tx-Sr605. I am looking at 2 choices for now.
    Dennon Avr791
    Onkyo TX-sr608

Would folks with these units let me know if they have HD audio bitstreaming working over HDMI from PowerDVD 10 and indicate if you are using Nvidia or ATI?
    Did you have to mess with the EDID information to get it working?

I will settle for powerdvd 9 or less also, but please indicate the version in your reply.

Thanks
    Go to: