Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9.5 with Windows Media Center
briski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2011 16:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
First worked on my dell Zino hd! Updated all windows updates, mcafee and now power DVD does not work through mce

I am far from clued up on computer terms and what not

Power DVD works fine from outside of mce but through media center I just get a blue screen

I am assuming when I've done all my updates on my new computer a setting has been changed somewhere to stop power DVD from working through mce, very annoying. Googled but couldn't find any answers

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance for the help
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: First worked on my dell Zino hd! Updated all windows updates, mcafee and now power DVD does not work through mce

I am far from clued up on computer terms and what not

Power DVD works fine from outside of mce but through media center I just get a blue screen

I am assuming when I've done all my updates on my new computer a setting has been changed somewhere to stop power DVD from working through mce, very annoying. Googled but couldn't find any answers

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance for the help

Depending on your order of installing updates try to remove IE9!

Hard to tell since missing some key details that would really tell the issue, but a common problem right now is IE9 and PowerDVD through MCE.
briski [Avatar]
[Post New]
I haven't tried this yet but when I do I wil post what happens

Do you know how long this has been an issue and if there are any updates to power DVD 9.5 or IE9 to irradiate the problem

Also what exactly is IE9 doing to stop media center and power DVD to stop working
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check with Dell support about update/patch for your Version, they handle those cases, sorry but nothing we can do here

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
briski [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes down to this

I'm assuming because dell gave me the product then it's up to them to give me the patch update not cyberlink?

Do cyberlink give the update to dell, how does this work?

Is it not cyberlink that needs to fix the issue not dell as it is a problem with power DVD and seems to be a common problem

Is there an update to fix the ie9 issue
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The update releases are handeled by Dell only - sorry nothing we can do about it.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan