Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] WORKAROUND FOUND: PowerDVD 10 Patch 2916 won't install on Windows 7 x64?
barberio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2011 18:33 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried applying patch 2916 here, so I can finally instll IE 9.

Unfortunatly, it halts saying it can't find a suitable version. Prodding around inside the installer package, I notice it all seems hardcoded to look in "C:\Program Files\Cyberlink" for everything. Obviously on Windows 7 x64 this will fail, since 32 bit programs install to "C:\Program Files (x86)". Installers should have been using %ProgramFiles% enviroment variable, not hard coded directories, since XP.

( Here's my SR/TR numbers just to show I'm really trying to install against the right version
SR Number: DVD110221-01
TR Number: TR110301-018
Windows 7 x64
Other details in attached DxDiag)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
378 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 09. 2011 09:08

barberio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just did a full reinstall with fresh versions and reg codes from support, but the patch still won't install.
barberio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support have just told me that Patch 2916 is not meant for PowerDVD 10, and should not be installed.

Could someone at CyberLink work out what's going on with this patch?
barberio [Avatar]
[Post New]
To install Patch 2916, you need to replace the broken version-installed detection code from a working patch.

This is actually possible by the end user, so long as they have a zip utility such as winzip or 7zip.

Download patch 2916, and then download patch 2429 from the updates page. Using winzip or 7zip, unpack the installer files into directories. Copy the Define.ini file from patch 2429 to patch 2916. Run the setup.exe file in patch 2916's directory, and it will now correctly dettect your installed verson of PowerDVD 10, and run the rest of the installer.

Hopefully, Cyberlink can release a patch with working version-installed detection on x64 soon.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no such issue on any of my machines - you may see this issue on your platform only...

what kind of PowerDVD 10 do you use - Retail (Box) or from Internet (Download) ?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
barberio [Avatar]
[Post New]
Download.
kayfam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2008 01:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
@CyberLink-Michael
It is exactly as barberio described the problem and replacing the define.ini fixes it. Mine was a downloaded retail copy as well. I don't have a Windows 7 x86 box set up to test the original file, but all indications are it should work there, it's just x64 that's busted. Took me less than 5 minutes to rebuild the installer (minus the digital certification) and the installation proceeded normally. The patch should be pulled till this is addressed by Cyberlink for the sake of the less tech savy IMHO. Just my 2 cents worth.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thanks for your input - I have escalated your issue to RD team after reproducing it!

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please provide the info in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\UserReg

Please also provide the SR number of the initial installed Version you use

thanks and Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2011 08:52

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Has the patch been fixed yet? I don't want to download it and waste my time if it's still broken as I have Windows 7 64bit. mobo: ASUS P5-QLE
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
video: Sapphire HD 7750 PCIe 1GB DDR5
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Has the patch been fixed yet? I don't want to download it and waste my time if it's still broken as I have Windows 7 64bit.

I am not sure it affects all Windows 7 64 bit users as i had no troubles with mine before this post was even created. I can not speak to the fact if there is an updated patch to fix this issue.
[Post New]
Quote: Has the patch been fixed yet? I don't want to download it and waste my time if it's still broken as I have Windows 7 64bit.

Hi,
can you please provide all the info in this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\UserReg

thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Attached is the info you requested.
 Filename
HKLM_SOFTWARE_Wow6532Node_CyberLink_PowerDVD10_UserReg.reg
[Disk]
 Description
Requested Registry Info
 Filesize
668 bytes
 Downloaded:
485 time(s)
mobo: ASUS P5-QLE
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
video: Sapphire HD 7750 PCIe 1GB DDR5
[Post New]
thanks for the info.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,
please re-download the patch (same file name) - the issue has been resolved.

Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan