Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theater Mode BD incompatibilities
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 11:07 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I have noticed that some BDs are incompatible with the Theater Mode of Power DVD. Why BDs worked without problem on PDVD mode and not int Theater Mode ?

For instance, Star Trek 2k9 is incompatible. do not have tested with others BDs yet.

PowerDVD full Version : PDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 10.0.2701
PowerDVD Trial Verison? No
PowerDVD SR Number : DVD 110221-01
PowerDVD TR Number : TR110301-018
Operating System : Windows 7 x86
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? Admin
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? was bundled with HW (PDVD 8 and upgraded to 10 Mark II Ultra)
Used VGA : Geforce GTX 570
Used VGA driver version : 270.61 WHQL
Used Audio device : Realtek ALC1200
Used Audio device driver version : 6.0.1.5859
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices) : Optical SPDIF/ OS : Microphone & Headphones
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) : LG BH10LS30 (Combo Blu-Ray & DVD writer & reader)
Do you use Amplifier (Model/connection) : Logitech Z5500
Used Display(s) : old Samsung (Syncmaster 740N)
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : VGA
Which display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...) : 60 Hz
Are you using single or dual monitor environment : single
The detailed issue description :

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2011 19:07

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

there is a known issue for PDVD 10 with installed IE 9 - if you have installed IE9 suggest to roll-back to IE8

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok.

I have noticed that DVDFab Passkey disable the theater mode of PDVD too, are you sure it's IE9 ?

(will this issues be fixed on a later build ?)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I can not know which apps you have installed on your system - we only know about IE9 issue

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Ezechiel Lydian [Avatar]
[Post New]
can i use this topic for another problem (meanwhile i'm searching for this) ?

Yep.

I have connected my PC with PDVD 10 on an Onkyo Receiver TX-507 and i cannot configure PDVD to a High Def audio track (DTSHD or DTHD).

I Have a GTX570 with the lastest drivers.

I Have the latest drivers for all my peripherics in fact.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: can i use this topic for another problem (meanwhile i'm searching for this) ?

Yep.

I have connected my PC with PDVD 10 on an Onkyo Receiver TX-507 and i cannot configure PDVD to a High Def audio track (DTSHD or DTHD).

I Have a GTX570 with the lastest drivers.

I Have the latest drivers for all my peripherics in fact.

using optical spdif do not expect the full dts hd ma or dolby truehd. You might get a neo 6.1 for the dts hd ma or dolby ex 6.1 for the dolby truehd. The optical spdif supposedly can not handle the bandwidth required by the HD audio.

The GTX570 supports a protected audio path accross the HDMI and with the TX-507 you should be able to use the HDMI input. This should give a real DTS HD MA or DOLBY TRUEHD.

If you are going to have a chance at HD audio you need to start a blu ray playing, then go to audio settings on the powerdvd, and in the pull down you should see hd audio as a third option if you realy have a protected audio path.
[Post New]
Hi Larry,

perfect explanation

I will close here

BR

Werde Facebook Fan