Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not sure why you are asking us, not support if they fixed it for you last time. There is definitely something wrong with your key or build, and the downloads expire after 30 days. That is common knowledge.

Dave
I'm pretty sure the pinned videos are saved in your cache folder. Check Settings > Player Settings > Cache Files (button at the bottom of the tab). The files are saved in that folder, which you can change if you want.

You can probably back up this folder before uninstalling and then copy the files back. Note though that this is a cache/temp folder, so if the size of the files in the folder exceeds the specified limit, then it might delete some older files. Not sure if this was what happened for you. But reinstalling might delete the files in that folder.

I haven't tested this, but you can try for yourself and report back if it works.

Dave
Yes, according to the help file:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/20/pc-mode/enu/06_01_01_video-casting-details.htm

Dave
Yes you can use your own images for the movie or TV show cover art in the PowerDVD media library, if that is your question. You just right click on a movie and then select set cover art. It is outlined here:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/20/pc-mode/enu/03_02_01_browsing_movies_ml.htm?zoom_highlightsub=set+cover+art

Dave
I see my playlists when I click into the music option. It is the second last button on the left, above the search option in music. Looks like video playlists is not available though.

Dave
The help file does a pretty good job explaining what each belnding mode does:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/06_06_01_blending_image_preset.htm

But you just need to select each to see which you prefer really when using them.

Dave
Hi,

If you mean extracting audio from video and pinned youtube videos...yes you can still do that in PowerDVD 20. 3D playback was removed though, but am sure you heard that by now.

The full list of new features can be viewed in the help file, and also in the videos posted by the moderator here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82023.page

Dave
Nope, not possible because of copyright protection reasons. If you check the help file, there is a note about this when trying to play BDs to another display or device.

Dave
No, the information is for YouCam 9 as that is the version I have installed. Let's be clear here that creating your custom Scene is not an available feature in the program, and I just tried to provide a workaround that only works for certain scenes.

Your best bet is to contact CyberLink requesting the scene you want, or a user on DirectorZone that you have seen creating the scenes themselves.

Dave
I just tried with Screen Recorder 4 and it works fine to get live streaming URL on my platform. I guess there could be some YouTube authorization glitches on YouTube server. Try again later, as it might get restored in the next few hours.

Dave
YouCam doesn't support animations or transitions from what I remember, because it converts the slides to JPG during import.

If you are recording presentations, you can download and use U Webinar from CyberLink for free. It supports animations and has more advanced features:

https://u.cyberlink.com/download

Dave
Hi,
It should be working if it is the trial version, as it says here: https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/trial/trial.do?productName=powerdvd-ultra&lang=en_US&isDraft=1&pid=8509

If you are getting a message saying Chromecast is not available in your version, I suspect it is a different version.

Dave
Is it like this only when YouCam is open, or is the video cloudy, i.e. the same, when your webcam is used with other apps or opened by iteself?

Dave
The volume slider on the PowerDVD controls? It is working fine for me when playing Blu-rays on both PowerDVD 19 and 20.

So you will need to provide more details on your setup as you why this is happening for you only. Like, do you have exclusive audio enabled in audio settings?

Dave
Hi,

Once you download you need to install effect before you can use it in YouCam. You do that by double clicking on the downloaded file. What I usually do is download them to my desktop so I can easily find them and then double click to install.

Let me know if that helps.

Dave
Yeah, I am getting the same message for some videos in PowerDVD 20 as well. I also checked my version of PowerDVD 19, and it is giving me the same message. So the change was recent on the YouTube side. What this means is YouTube changed its API again, so a PowerDVD update is required to pin the videos. Unfortunately we will just have to wait.

Dave
It is a free app that can play Blu-ryas for 30 days. It is the trial version of PowerDVD, which has never been free, unless you got it with your computer.

You referenced the free apps page, and right above the download link for PowerDVD is says premium features available for 30 days. See attached.

PowerDVD 20 is the latest version, and it is the Essential (trial) edition. You need to purchase the Ultra version if you want to play after 30 days.

Dave

Ok, this seems way more complicated than the old way. I have the DLNA thing selected. When I just use PowerDVD on the computer and I want to stream from my DLNA device, how can I get it to play? On PowerDVD 19 I could just see the device and select it.

You mentioned the Power Media Player App, I'm assuming you're talking about a separate app, as I don't see a "play to" list in PowerDVD. Under the Shared Media tab, all it shows is "[Scanning..]". I don't know if there is another setting somewhere for it to see the home network.

I know it could be operator error here, but I'm beginning to think this thing is a buggy POS not ready for prime time.

The DLNA function in PowerDVD 20 hasn't changed from PowerDVD 19...so not sure why you are having issues. It is just further down the list on the media tab.

Dave
Yeah, I was mistaken...they just moved the DLNA section down in the list on the left. It still works for me as renderer, you just need to continue using Power Media Player.

The new PowerPlayer apps do not have play to feature. No matter though, as you can use Power Media Player as always.

Dave
I just upgraded and am using it. It looks like it was removed and replaced with PowerDVD's own home network sharing. So far I like it a lot better, because I am using my computer as a server for all my media and playing it on my iOS device in another room.

How are you trying to play it? This thread goes over the new setup a bit: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82098.page

Dave
Can you explain in more detail? Where is YouCam installed? If it is installed on your laptop, and your laptop is closed, then...

Anyway, YouCam will use the primary camera selected in settings. In Camera settings check the "camera device" option.

Dave
Go to: