Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 20 - Demo Version
stevenp17 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2020 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Have used Powerdvd in the past so wanted to try out Version 20 before purchasing for a future home theatre setup.

I am unable to stream to chromecast from my pc and was wondering if this is restricted on the demo version or is it just a connection issue from my end.

I do get a pop up saying this is not supported in my version but was on the belief the demo version had the same functionalilty at the purchased version.

If this could be confirmed one way or the other it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It should be working if it is the trial version, as it says here: https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/trial/trial.do?productName=powerdvd-ultra&lang=en_US&isDraft=1&pid=8509

If you are getting a message saying Chromecast is not available in your version, I suspect it is a different version.

Dave
stevenp17 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2020 18:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply.

I think the issue was i was trying to send iso files which i imagine cant be sent becasue they need decoding which chromecast does not do.

mkv files worked fine.

Guess i'll need to do a little more research to see if there is any other way to stream iso file types to chromecast.

Regards