Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
screenrecorder4 not generating live URL
tudari [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2020 03:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I know this issue has been addressed before but the answers given don't work for me. My screen recorder is not generating the live URL for streaming in Youtube. I am logged in m youtuve account.
Strangely enough it stopped working after I fiddled about with the Microsoft stream app as I used screenrecorder4 as the encoder.
I have even tried to stream it on a different computer but no luck, screenrecorder does not pull the live URL.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried with Screen Recorder 4 and it works fine to get live streaming URL on my platform. I guess there could be some YouTube authorization glitches on YouTube server. Try again later, as it might get restored in the next few hours.

Dave
tudari [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just tried with Screen Recorder 4 and it works fine to get live streaming URL on my platform. I guess there could be some YouTube authorization glitches on YouTube server. Try again later, as it might get restored in the next few hours.

Dave

Thanks for the answer Dave, it's been working fine up until yesterday when I started to look for an app to do webinars and came across Microsoft Stream. I pasted the URL the app Stream generated into the screenrecorder Custom option and after that it stopped working. I'm sure it has something to do with that.
It might be as you say some kind of YouTube authorization glitch but the thing is I can go live on Youtube with my webcam that's why I'm puzzled.

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2020 06:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried and I'm able to get a working URL. Can you confirm that you have the latest version? This is the latest Deluxe version screen:

You may want to try uninstalling SR4 and then resintalling it if you're already at the latest version.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tudari [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just tried and I'm able to get a working URL. Can you confirm that you have the latest version? This is the latest Deluxe version screen:

You may want to try uninstalling SR4 and then resintalling it if you're already at the latest version.

Thanks for your answer optodata. Just checked and I have the same version as you. I have uninstalled it and installed it back several times and nothing happened. I restored computer to a date when it worked but no luck. It's all very weird, it's like the server has disabled that feature in my SR4. I have logged in with a different gmail account and still no server URL so I don't think it's a youtube issue because I can go live on youtube no problem with webcam. I can even record computer screen using SR4 as an encoder, creating a stream on youtube first, use a custom button on SR4 and paste the server/URL and Stream key but the lag is too long and not as straight forward as the youtube button on SR4.

I don't know, it's all inexplicable, buffling and beyond any coherent understanding. It looks like I'll never be able to use SR4 again for streaming with the direct youtube button.

Thanks anyway

Update: I tried the Facebook button and no live URL either, can't try twitch as I don't have an account

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2020 07:02

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
See if tech support can help. You can reach them from here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

daveicehog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 21:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. This stopped a few weeks ago and I cannot go LIVE on youtube anymore. Twitch and FB are fine. It's just youtube.

any idea on a fix ?

dave
optodata
[Post New]
Did you even read this thread before posting here and on the "Live Streaming" one? None of us knows what's wrong so so you'll need to contact tech support.

YouTube/optodata

daveicehog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 21:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I was just adding that it happened to me too.
tudari [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did contact tech support yesterday. When/if they come back to me and if they give me a solution, I'll post it here.
Apparently the same thing happened to facebook some time ago cause there's a downloadable patch on the cyberlink website.

Cheers
tudari1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 06:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am logged in with my account (nickname tudari) but the site takes me to the profile update page and asks me to type in a nickname and when I do so it tells me 'tudari' is taken, of course it is, it is me!!! So I had to type in tudari1. Anyway....

I got a reply from tech support but still no live URL on the YouTube button. Here's what they replied:

Reply from CyberLink Customer Support2020/05/28 12:53
Hi Jose,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are having concerns about your ScreenRecorder. We are more than willing to assist you with your concern.
With reference to your query, please apply the following steps below and try to play again:
1. Ensure your CyberLink ScreenRecorder is up-to-date.
You can check software updates from here:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download
2. Update graphic card driver to the latest.
You can download the latest driver from AMD / NVIDIA / Intel’s web site. If you have any problem with installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel’s website: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
3. Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering.
4. Run ScreenRecorder while no other applications are running.
To maximize the available RAM and reduce the chance that another application conflicts with the application, close all open applications (including virus-protection utilities). Then restart your CyberLink program.
If your concerns still persist, kindly provide the following information below for us to analyze and diagnose your concern in a better manner:
1. DxDiag
To create the DxDiag.txt log file please follow the steps below:
1. Press the Windows key and type dxdiag in the search box.
2. Click on Dxdiag.exe.
3. You will see a green progress bar in the bottom-left of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window while the program is gathering information.
4. When the progress bar disappears, it means your report is ready.
5. Click Save All Information.
6. Save the file to your desktop (make sure it is saving as a text file) and give it a name you will remember.
2. Full screenshot of the error message.
To take a full screenshot:
1. Press PrtScrn on the upper right side of the keyboard.
2. Open Windows Paint (press Windows button, type the word Paint then click on the result to open the program).
3. Paste the screenshot (press Ctrl+V), then save the file (in .jpg format).
3. Product Version / SR Number
To get the Product version please follow the steps below
1. Launch CyberLink ScreenRecorder software.
2. Click Logo of the software or the word of the software to see the Product Version.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Marcus
CyberLink Technical Support