Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Power DVD 20 Ultra unable to pin youtube videos
Manfer49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2020 21:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Since my upgrade from Cyberlink PowerDVD 19 ultra to 20 ultra, the process is seldom able to pin youtube videos.

60% of the time, I just can't pin the youtube videos. It simply says "unable to pin" and then never pin these failing videos.

Am I missing something in the upgrade. Would very much appreciate some help here. Thanks

Manfer49
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I am getting the same message for some videos in PowerDVD 20 as well. I also checked my version of PowerDVD 19, and it is giving me the same message. So the change was recent on the YouTube side. What this means is YouTube changed its API again, so a PowerDVD update is required to pin the videos. Unfortunately we will just have to wait.

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
From CyberLink support's response:

Delete the files inside your Windows user folder > .cache > youtube-dl > youtube-sigfuncs.

For example:
C:\Users\ QC2.0 (Your username to sign in Windows) \.cache\youtube-dl\youtube-sigfuncs

Re-launch powerdvd. It might fix the problem that unable to pin video temporarily.