Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fixed for now.

The advice to do the uninstall and reinsall worked. Thanks.

I didn't have the software to use the cyberlink .rar uninstallers so I used revo uninstaller level 3.
Uninstalled PD, wave editor anad 2 smartsounds.

Re-installed PD 10 ultra full from retail disc, then installed the current patch.

I originally installed it last week and no issues for about 4 days then I got the runtime error after I updated Power DVD 10 to the latest version. I don't know if it was related or not. but I am up working at this point.

I just finished installing PD 10 ultra retail and the latest patch successfully.

Every time that I click on the PD 10 to open, It opens then there is an error box that pops up.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Pr..

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the apllication's support team for more information.

I am able to click the box to close and am able to use PD 10 without any more issues, but I have
to click the error box off every time I first enter the program.

My drivers and direct X are all uptodate

Any thoughts?

Just want to thank the original poster. I just purchases a Pansonic tm900 and also just purchased PD 10 Ultra. So the info talked about here is very usefull to me, although its a little over my understanding at this point.

I have used PD 4,5,6 and 8 So I look forward to using 10 with the tips discussed here.
I have 8 full retail and decided to purchase 10 full ultra full instead of the upgrade from 8. * has been really stable for me and most of the stuff I do is standard def. I wanted to have have BOTH 8 and 10 on my system at the same time.

I just finished installing 10 and the updates with no issues. 8 is still there too!
Just a thought, when you are capturing your DV with PD8, do you have the aspect ratio check as 16:9, under "edit" and "aspect ratio" withing PD8? I figure you do, but thought I would ask anyway.
You can take the seperate clips from windv that you imported into your computer, import them into PD8, then use the produce function to make a single avi or mpeg clip.
Quote: I have a MiniDV camcorder (not HD) and am experiencing the same issue in terms of the video being altered from 16:9 to 4:3 when I captured into PD8. I downloaded the driver update from the link provided above, re-booted my machine and tried capturing a small video sample again. Same issue. Any ideas on what else to try to maintain 16:9 format?

Using Windows XP and IE8.

Thanks
Bob

Bob, I would use a third party program to import the DV into your computer.

read this link that I posted in:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16862.page#84741

windv is a simple free program.
I have been using a Canon DV camera a various versions of PD for about 5 years now. I never was very happy with the capture ability of PD so many years ago I found a free 3rd party capture program that has been fantastic!! It is a very small file that uses little resources and no dropped frames and easy to use. If you camera has firewire I would try it out.

I am not sure if I can post links to 3rd party vendors so do a google search for "WinDV" The site will have a .cz address.

Been using it for years. The web site doesn't say if it works for win7, but its working fine on my system (win7, quadcore).

If your video is really long, I would try to break it down into 2 or 3 segments. Produce each segment into a mpeg2 file, then combine the 2 or 3 final mpeg2 files into a new timeline and produce your final video. To do this, open your project.
Then remove say the final 1/2 of it, then go to "save as" and save as a new file name, thus your original is not altered.
Then do the same for the first half of it. Make sure to save as a new file name so you don't alter your original. Produce those 2 new videos into a mpeg2, then take those mpegs into a new timeling.

Its always a good idea to produce several small segments than 1 large one.

You can highlight large segments and cut or delete, rahter than doing 1 obect at a time.
I had this problem with PD8 when using transitions. I overcame the problem by rightclicking on the the video file in the timeline and "splitting" the audio from the video. The audio then drops down to the "voice" timeline and they are back in sync.
I have had this issue pop up from time to time.

If I were you I would first burn a copy to a DVD+R and have them try that.

Verbatims are normally top noch, but there have been some bad batches reported over on the avs forums.

It is also possible that your DVD-R burned copy has some burning errors on it that thier player is being fussy about and doesn't play.

When I have had this issue it has always been a DVD+/- issue but you should also check to make sure that your dvd burner has the latest firmware.
Yes, with my option #2 you would have to create a dvd menu for each of the two DVD's.

When you 1st use the produce file function to make a mpeg2 or avi, you will not have a dvd menu. You will simply produce a file that you can click on to play (stream) from your computer with no menu.

So you use that streaming file (mpeg2 or avi) in a new timeline then trim half of it and then create your dvd menu then burn to a dl-dvd. ( I like to burn to a dvd folder then later burn that folder to a dvd)

Good luck!
I have a related question about e-mailing files.

I thought that most e-mails are limited to 25mb attachments. So if you have a produced mpeg2 file that is 100mb, how do you e-mail that?
1. You could use the "smartfit function" when producing. This would reduce the quality, but it would fit on a DL DVD.

2. You could produce your 4 hours movie into a mpeg-2 or avi file
Take that file and import it into a new timeline.
trim the last half (2 hours) off and burn to dvd folder file or a DVD
put your file again into a new timeline. This time
trim the 1st half (2 hours) off and burn to a second dvd foldef file or a DVD

You now have two dvd folder or 2 dl-dvd (2 hours each)
This has always bothered me. I have a picture file with 128 pictures in it. I have them numbered 1-128. When I import the file into PD 8 it changes the order in which they appear. It will list them as 1,10,100,101,102,103,014,105,106,107,108……..etc…..127,128,13,14,15…..etc…..17.18.19,2,20,21,23 etc..

This forces me to continually go thru my library to consecutively add my pictures to the timeline in numerical order. If I want to add the number two to the timeline, I have look way down in the library to find it. It’s not in the number two position (the number 10 is in the number 2 position)

I have tried sorting them in PD via date ,size name and duration, but I can never get them to show 1-128 numerically.
Is there a way to rename the pics so that when imported into PD they show numerically 1-128 in that order?
Thanks
Both good systems. I prefer the intel, but that is just my experience. Both of those should handle just about anything.
The second system looks to have a better video card. With both, I would add more internal hard drive to store your files and back up to an external. About a year ago, I purchased a Dell I7 refurbished and have been very happy with it. They did give me a 1 year warranty. Havent had to use it yet.
I am still having problems with the photonow for my PD 8 ultra with all the current patches.

I did an untinstall and reinstall twice, and I still get the note "reinstall photonow program" when trying to edit images in PD 8

I also have the full stand alone version of Mediashow 5. Doesn't Mediashow 5 use photonow for editing images?
I have no problems editing images in Mediashow 5. But PD says photonow is not installed.

Could there be a conflict when trying to install photonow as part of PD 8, when it is allready on the computer as part of mediashow 5?

Thanks for any troubleshooting you can give me.

I never thought of burning the files to a blu-ray. Thanks for the advice. I may do that for the non family stuff.
This past spring I upgrated to an Intel quadcore 920 and 9 GB ram with a GTX video card and 3 internal hard drives.

All the acceleration stuff in PD 8 works well and this system and its lighting fast when producing or rendering.
I was very pleased with the perfomrance of my setup until one day I clicked the button when enhancing video files that upscales to HD quality. I think it is true theater or something like that. I had 60 minutes of AVI's to render and everything came to crawl. It took longer than 60 minutes to render to dvd folder. While watching the system performance, it appeared that everything was maxing out and the temps went up to 71C.

Eventually I will upgrade to PD 9 to make better use of my 64 bit system
I started with PD 4, and have used 5,6 and now 8.

I am about to purchase a new HD camcorder. My current camera records to DV tapes and I have over 700 GB
of unedited AVI's on a hard drive from those tapes. I hate to delete any of them, but they take up alot of room. You never know when you will want to use that video clip from 5 years ago. The files are on my 2nd and 3rd internal hard drives on my desktop, not on my main OS drive. Do I just continue to fill up hard drives and replace them as they fill up? Then use the full HDs on an external setup if I every need to use any of the old AVI's? Or are you guys permanently storing your files in a format that doesn't take up so much room such as mpeg2? Is it bad for a drive to be full and just sitting in a box waiting to be used at some future point?

Once I go to HD, this will become more of an issue.

Any thoughts on what to do with all this data that you wand to keep for future use?
I had a simular issue to the OP. My video card is also top notch (GTS) and I have a quad core system.
I found that when I use the fade transition with a interval of 1 second or less, I will get a flicker or jerk on the
final rendered dvd. But, when I extend the fade transition to 2 seconds, I no longer have the issue.
Go to: