Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems Capturing from a DV camcorder
MARKO681sf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2011 01:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I own a Sony DCR-TVR30 camcorder which records on mini DV tapes. When capturing from a DV tape, my Power Director software stops during the automated batch capturing process. Once the tape stopped recording and the camcorder recycled back over and over again over the same section of tape without progressing any further. I have tried numerous tapes and get the same outcome during the automated capture batch process. What suggestions do you have to remedy this problem? I am beyond frustration and t echnical support has been unsuccessful in solving this issue.

Thanks.

Mark
[Post New]
I have been using a Canon DV camera a various versions of PD for about 5 years now. I never was very happy with the capture ability of PD so many years ago I found a free 3rd party capture program that has been fantastic!! It is a very small file that uses little resources and no dropped frames and easy to use. If you camera has firewire I would try it out.

I am not sure if I can post links to 3rd party vendors so do a google search for "WinDV" The site will have a .cz address.

Been using it for years. The web site doesn't say if it works for win7, but its working fine on my system (win7, quadcore).

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Windows Movie Maker will also work.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MARKO681sf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2011 01:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow them up.