Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video freezes during scene transitions
Cerireece [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 17:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am new to PD 8 , I have edited my video and put a fade scene transition between each scene but the video seems to freeze for half a second or less or looks like it jumps before moving to the next scene. This doesn't happen if I take out the scene transition.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ceri
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ceri,

I can say that every video I make has a JERKY appearance during any Transition when I preview it using the PD8 previewer.

After I Produce it as a Video and play it back I don't see any of the jerky transistions anymore.

I suspect that my video card is lacking in performance.

Mike
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
This has been reported a few times. I had the problem, but it went away when I upgraded my graphics card. I'm not really sure what causes it. Do you use an onboard graphics port by chance?

MikeB, this issue is something different and unfortunately is in the final produced video. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cerireece [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for your replies. I don't think it is a problem with the graphics card as we have 2x 8800 GTS SLI'd.

Which should be fine for what we are doing.

The video is a bit jerky during preview but this is not what I have a problem with. When it is completely rendered and burnt on the DVD the video still jerks on scene transition.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ceri
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ceri,
Please can you attach a diagnostic file of your set up and state what build of PD8 you're using?

Guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F or E

For the very latest build please check out:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Please can you also attach a screen shot of the production, Edit interface in PD, for us to look at the project insitu?

Select "Post Reply" to add attachments.

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2010 16:18

[Post New]
I had a simular issue to the OP. My video card is also top notch (GTS) and I have a quad core system.
I found that when I use the fade transition with a interval of 1 second or less, I will get a flicker or jerk on the
final rendered dvd. But, when I extend the fade transition to 2 seconds, I no longer have the issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2010 05:08

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Cerireece [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, that sounds promising, as all my transitions are 1 second long on the fade.

I'll try it over the weekend and let you know. Thanks Ceri
Cerireece [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem was solved on the render by unchecking the smart video rendering (SVRT) option. We still had jumps if you combine a fade with a stabilisation.
Cerireece [Avatar]
[Post New]
We have solved the problem with the video jumping or freezing on scene transitions, when you view the resulting mpeg file from the render it is fine.
But when we create the disk and burn the video, the video that is burnt to the dvd has problems. Any ideas??