Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
managing library order?
[Post New]
This has always bothered me. I have a picture file with 128 pictures in it. I have them numbered 1-128. When I import the file into PD 8 it changes the order in which they appear. It will list them as 1,10,100,101,102,103,014,105,106,107,108……..etc…..127,128,13,14,15…..etc…..17.18.19,2,20,21,23 etc..

This forces me to continually go thru my library to consecutively add my pictures to the timeline in numerical order. If I want to add the number two to the timeline, I have look way down in the library to find it. It’s not in the number two position (the number 10 is in the number 2 position)

I have tried sorting them in PD via date ,size name and duration, but I can never get them to show 1-128 numerically.
Is there a way to rename the pics so that when imported into PD they show numerically 1-128 in that order?
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2011 10:13

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
catsclaw [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2011 17:27 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried numbering them 001, 002, 003, etc.? Someone else may have a more satisfactory solution.

For myself, I hope a future version of PD will have a way to group library items in individual folders to help refine project organization.

Michael
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: For myself, I hope a future version of PD will have a way to group library items in individual folders to help refine project organization
You can currently, you can make and name folders and put what ever you want in them. When that folder is active, only clips contained therein are shown. Select the icon of a folder and gear, at the top left of the media window. It will open the explorer view where you can create folders. When a folder is active and you import, the clips will load into that folder.

Jeff
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Just off the top of my head, you could rename them A-1-9, B-1-9, C-1-9, in your folder and the order would remain the same. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You have to use 3 digit numbers, so 1 should be 001. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM