Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 is asking me to re-install photoNow program
[Post New]
Been using PD8 for about 3 month now with all the updates and ran into my first problem. I tried to edit an image within pd8 and I get the error "Cyberlink Powerdirector can not launch PhotoNow program, please re-install PhotoNow." Is there a way to do this without uninstalling PD8 and re-intalling it. I have several video projects that I am currently working on.

Thanks for any tips or tricks to work around this. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Afraid not.

You will also need to uninstall PhotoNow as well by going to the Control Panel > Add Remove programs.

Your projects should remain unaffected.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 26. 2010 07:29

[Post New]
Thank you for the information.

Can I just and/remove for both pd8 and photonow

or do I need to use a cyberlink removal tool? I remember many years ago, that I needed to use a cyberlink tool to get everything?

Will add/remove delete any saved PDS files in my documents? Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for the information.

Can I just and/remove for both pd8 and photonow

or do I need to use a cyberlink removal tool? I remember many years ago, that I needed to use a cyberlink tool to get everything?

Will add/remove delete any saved PDS files in my documents?

1. PD and PhotoNow are two programs - both should be removed.
2. removal tool? PD will be uninstalled when you attempt to install PD over the other BUT PhotoNow will not be and is reliant on an overwrite. However as PhotoNow is the problem for you, I've suggested you make sure you uninstall first.
3. Depends where you store your pds files. I don't store any in Program Files > CyberLink > PD, do you? The answer is no it shouldn't is applicable.

Dafydd
Coca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2010 11:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I need to uninstall PhotoNow (it is too large).
Will this action affect power director program? and how?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Uninstalling PhotoNow should have no impact on PowerDirector because they are separate programs... though, I've never tried it.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
You wont be able to edit images within the functions of PD if you remove PN.

If you're not bothered by that then carry on with what Tony has written.

Dafydd
leslie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2010 22:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Where I can download PhotoNow???

do you have free link download.. thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Leslie -

PhotoNow is a separate piece of software, but it is "bundled" with PowerDirector.

Unless you want to pay $50 for it http://cyberlink-photonow1.software.informer.com/ the best thing to do is to re-install PowerDirector.

Hopefully, you've kept your original installer files.

Cheers - Tony
leslie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2010 22:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi ynotfish

Do you have free photonow?? hehe

thanks if you have

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Leslie -

I don't, I'm sorry. All I have is the PD8 installer files.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2011 07:44

[Post New]
I am still having problems with the photonow for my PD 8 ultra with all the current patches.

I did an untinstall and reinstall twice, and I still get the note "reinstall photonow program" when trying to edit images in PD 8

I also have the full stand alone version of Mediashow 5. Doesn't Mediashow 5 use photonow for editing images?
I have no problems editing images in Mediashow 5. But PD says photonow is not installed.

Could there be a conflict when trying to install photonow as part of PD 8, when it is allready on the computer as part of mediashow 5?

Thanks for any troubleshooting you can give me.

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA