Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had a simular issue to the OP. My video card is also top notch (GTS) and I have a quad core system.
I found that when I use the fade transition with a interval of 1 second or less, I will get a flicker or jerk on the
final rendered dvd. But, when I extend the fade transition to 2 seconds, I no longer have the issue.
Thank you for the information.

Can I just and/remove for both pd8 and photonow

or do I need to use a cyberlink removal tool? I remember many years ago, that I needed to use a cyberlink tool to get everything?

Will add/remove delete any saved PDS files in my documents?
Been using PD8 for about 3 month now with all the updates and ran into my first problem. I tried to edit an image within pd8 and I get the error "Cyberlink Powerdirector can not launch PhotoNow program, please re-install PhotoNow." Is there a way to do this without uninstalling PD8 and re-intalling it. I have several video projects that I am currently working on.

Thanks for any tips or tricks to work around this.
I think I just found a cure for my audio sync 1 second issue. I took Dafydd's advice and tried to find the
audio mixing room. Never did find it, cause while looking, I found "split audio" when I right clicked on the avi.
This removed the audio from the avi and put it into the
either the sound or music track. Solved my issue!!!!!
Interesting that when I did this to two clips side by side
the 1st audio dropped down to voice track, the second
audo dropped down to music track, and they actually overlap in the tmeline....
I had this same issue. I have a project that I am working on with about 20 avi's. The avi's that I edeted using pd8 video enhancing tools played back static, while those that I used no video enhancing tools all played back fine in the final produced product. I went back and removed the enhancements and all is well.
I too am looking for tips or tricks with the audio sync issue. I purchased PD 8 ultra about a month ago. I have
been working on a 90 minute video with photos and video avi's with transitions between all clips. My audio is
out of sync with the video by about 1-2 seconds (slow). This is about the same time as the transitions between clips.

It's almost as if the the transition is pushing the audio on the next avi clip over by 1 second, causing the audio to be 1 second or so slower than the video. During the transition, you can hear the previous avi audio.
I uninstalled, reinstalled and ran the updated patch with no problems. But the porgram still did not aske me to register. I am not going to worry about it. I have the key code in case I need it in the future.
I think I will uninstall and reinstall, I may have missed something along the way. I willl then update the build. If I still can't register it, I will contact customer service.

I have used PD 4,5,6 and now purchased 8 ultra. I had no problems acitivating it, and it works fine, but it never asked me to register it with
cyberlink. It also does not show up in my cyberlink member profile.

Should I uninstall and reinstall, or will it ask for registration at some future
time.

It appears to be working fine

PD 8 ultra build 8.00.2013

Thanks for any suggestions.
This is interesting. I just opened the file and this time everything worked with the MM as it should. So it must have something to do with saving and opening. Sometimes when opening the MM is flawed, but this last time I opened it, all was well?
I do have the latest build 6.00.2319

I have also found that I can remove the magic motions on all the images, then put it back on and it's ok. But once you save your work, close pd6 then come back to it later, it does it again.

I will do a complete uninstall, remove all PD versions an re-install download the patch again.

Thanks for the heads up.
I have recently upgraded to PD6. I have also used PD4 and PD5.

I have a 30 minute movie put together with all still images. I have found
that once I apply magic motion to a series of images, and if I edit an image after MM is applied, that all images after that spot will be magnified on playback. This rusults in about 25% of the image occupying the full screen. You can't see the remaining 75%

This happens both in the preview window and the final produced DVD.

Help!
I agree with you about the timeline mode. With PD5, i would only use storybord when it came to the transitions. I just found it easier to click and drag to a point between the pics. It will just take some getting use to the doing this in the timeline mode. It's just the way I learned starting with PD4.

In the timeline mode, unles you expoand the timeline, the pics are rather small and it can be a pain to drag your transition between two pics. Now if you expand the timeline the pics become larger making it much easier to do so.

Thanks for the input!!

Ok, I just upgrade. The changes in pip are really nice. You can now have your pip move instead of it being stationary. The cartoon pop up's are really cool too.

One thing that I don't like is you can only add your transitions in the timeline mode. I found it much easier in the storyboard mode. I like to click and drag them into the storyboard. I have a hard time doing this in the timeline. Unless you expand the timeline, its very hard to line up the transition to where you want it. You can click on pic in timeline and have the computer add the transition, but I found it easier to click and drag in the storyboard.

Other than that, I like the upgrade. I did have to reinstall once. Make sure all you old PD5 is off your system. I used the cyberlink windows intall clean and that helped, no problems with the second install.
About a year ago Dafydd gave me some really good advice that has solved my burning issues. That was to do large projects in smaller sections. I produce (not burn) each smaller section to an MPEG2 then put the MPEG's together in a new timeline, then burn.

I have found the larger the file, the more likely you are to have an issue. I am doing a 3 hour movie for my daughers swim team. Iam doing it in 10-15min sections
No more lock up when burning for me.

Thanks Dafydd .
Problem solved. After messing around with this all day Sunday, I did a google search of my problem and found that there is alot of bad DVD media out there. I was told that Sony from Japan was good but Sony from Taiwan was bad. Also Verbatim from Taiwan was good but Verbatim from Japan was bad. All Phillips is bad too. Anway, I have always used nothing but Sony. I checked and my recent ones were from Taiwan (bad). Went and go some Verbatim from Taiwan and all is well now!

So, if you have playback issues, make sure you have good media.
I have PD 5. I have made three seperate 50-55 minutes DVD movies. On all three I have had no problems creating a file, producing the file to HQ DVD. But when I play the DVD back there will always be a spot that the playback freezes and you can't go past that spot. It can occur anywhere on the DVD. With each of the 3 movies I made 2 copies under "create disc" and both copies of each movie freeze or stops at the same spot regardless of what playback device I put it into. The file plays great on the computer, but the final produced dvd disc freezes at some point. With movie #1 it stops at 30 minutes into it. A different movie #2 stops at 15 minutes into it. etc. etc.

1. Could it be the DVD burner? But why would each DVD then freeze at the exact same spot?

2. Could it be in the rendering process?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ross
Just an update:

My PD5 is now working as it should.

It might be unrelated, but I had downloaded a trial version of power-2-go. That program told me I had to download the latest microsoft directx9 drivers. The file was about 30mb. After doing that, I tried to burn a disc under the create disc function in PD5 and had no problems doing so. So if you are getting a PDR.exe error, you might want to try to update directX.

Thanks for your help!!
I had a chance to work on this and here is an update:

1. I did everything tech support told me to do, with the last thing being a
defrag (system was at 36% and needed it)

2. After the defrag, I noticed that the audio on my MPEG-2 file, did not
match the video?

3. So I burned a new MPEG-2 file to the hard drive under DVD-HD

4. I imported that into a new timeline in PD5, set my chapters point,
opening music, etc.. I tried to burn a disc without creating VOB file.

5. The system stopped responding at about 50%. So then I burned a
VOB file to the hard drive, (without burning disc) and the worked!!

6. I have power2go on another computer, So I burned the VOB files
to a DVD, but the new laptop could not read the DVD with the vob files
It said there was nothing on the disc?

7. So I took the VOB files from my harddrive and put them into a new
timeline in PD5. Entered my chapter points, and opening music again,

8. I pressed the burn button, but left the create file box unchecked, and
then I left for work. Two hours later my wife calls and said that
the program said "burn successful" So it looks like a have a copy and
will check it out when I get home.

Questions: A. Why couldn't the second computer read the VOB files on the disk? They are on there, the 1st computer reads them? are they protected somehow?

B. Is there an easier way of dealing with the VOB files, rather than using them in a new timeline and rendering another disc. Took 2 hours?

Thanks again.

On a side note, I was watching the CPU useage under taskmanager, and boy does this program use alot. It would jump up to 95% from time to time,,,,

Yep, I think I understand it now. I have the power 2 go on my laptop, so if my PD on my desktop still gives me burning problems, I can take the DVD folder over to my laptop to do the final burning.

Great Ideas. Thanks, I will play with it when I get home from work.

Ross
One last question, What is the difference between making a MPEG file under the "pruduce" function and Create a DVD folder under the "create disc" function?

Tech support wants me to create a DVD folder without burning a disc under the "create disc" funtion.

Once a DVD folder is created, what do you do with it?

I know the MPEG is used to view your fina work on your computer, or as a file to import to your timeline.

Thanks again.
Go to: