Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It looks like it was done with multiple layers. There is a background video without Kelly. There is a video of a walking Kelly on a blue screen. At some point, a freeze frame effect is created. It is used as a cutout with further processing in an image program used on top of an overlay of another screen with the title set at a lower opacity. which is on top of the white starburst video and with the speed reversed half way through. Cyberlink support may be able to give better details on how it is done. I am sure that they may have paid a programmer to spend many hours to create this effect of a few seconds to get it right for this advertising.
The answer to your Question # 1 has been answered by optodata. Find that segment at the end and delete it.

I have duplicated the issue you reported. Using a previously captured 4:3 aspect ratio avi file in a 4:3 ar project, exported it as avi 640 x 480/30p mp4. The produced file plays properly in the windows media player. Upon returning to the timeline, I got the same error message as you. However that file plays properly in the media library and again okay when placed on the timeline. It looks like it is only a small nuisance that should not happen.

I do recall that the same avi files as source works properly in earlier versions of PD and can be produced as mp4 without this error message. I have not been actively using avi source files from my previous cameras with PD365. You need to report this to Cyberlink support so that they are aware of it and may want to fix it. The alternative would be to use an earlier version of PD.
The PDHanumanSvr.exe appears on top of PDR.exe in my Win 11 task manager. See the screenshot with it circled in red. It may be different in other version of Windows but it is there.
Many things have changed in later versions of PD like in the 365. If your camera frame rate is high and the shutter speed is high, then 10X slow motion is possible with the audio pitch maintained. The individual frames must be sharp and interpolation technology (generate an in-between frame) is possible for this to work.
This error message occurs in all versions of PowerDirector. It usually happens after you close PD and try to open it later. Sometimes waiting a few minutes before re-opening PD365 does the trick. Rebooting the pc also works. Depending on the version of Windows, open the task manager to process/details/pdr.exe and right mouse click on it and select the end task. You should be able to open PD365 afterwards.

EDIT: sometimes more needs to be done as indicated by Jeff.
Try this: Go to Preferences/Hardware acceleration and uncheck Enable hardware decoding and click OK.
Should be no more than 5 minutes on a modern pc for h.264 or maybe close to being forever for h.265 encoding on a pc without the necessary hardware gpu encoder.
Quote Is there a way to import a text document to my library. I'm trying to create a story book with images and text on the pages.
The text will be on one page and the image on a different page.

If the text documents are actually graphics images, then yes they can be imported to the PD16 media room.

You probably want to create a folder to store all those text documents. You can then open the text documents in other text editors, copy and paste them to titles in the PD16 timeline.
Quote Any way I can use those 16:9 titles in 4:3?

Yes. Just drag n drop the titles to the timeline while your project is set to the other Aspect Ratio. Change the project AR back to what you want and edit those titles.
Quote I have read the minimum specs on the website.

I don't need minimums.

What I am after is a recomendation on a PC to purchase. I need something like a HP PC model number that people know works well and I will just order it.

I am using the multicam editor and editing four 4k streams from a small stuido and my old PC takes days to make shadow copies to work with.

I will also be doing some tracking and redering of effects.

I'm sure that a lot has happend since I bought it at Costco 12-13 years ago.

Thanks

Costco and HP have the best deals that I have seen for low prices. Here is an example. I would not go lower: https://www.costco.com/dell-inspiron-desktop---13th-gen-intel-core-i7-13700---geforce-rtx-3060---windows-11.product.4000180454.html . I still need the Intel integrated graphics for some of my needs. You can find a similar Victus in the HP website for less if you don't care about RGB lighting and good looks.
I get a message sometimes. There is an option that you need to check “Down show this message again” the next time you see this popup.
Quote I’m using the Back Light effect to make a moving glowing object appear to be a light source, but the issue with that effect is that it makes the light rays only go from one direction (based on the effect’s center position). Does an effect exist that has rays coming out in an all or omni- directional way like a real light source? I'm already using the Bloom effect to make the immediate light source glow, but I'm looking to have a more effect light ray effect on top of that. I've attached a screenshot with an example of the issue.

Chroma keying the attached output.jpg is not desirable. You may want to use the BCC Spotlight effect. It works well in my testing for light coming in at an angle. It looks like that you will have an issue with the omnidirectional lighting. That can be fixed with a radial gradient mask.that can be keyframed as a moving light source.

I created this gradient mask for a transition many years ago and use it as a mask here as a flashlight effect. See the attached video. You can create this mask in an image program like PhotoDirector. I used Gimp back then.
Quote I have written a book on oceanic adventures and I would like to bring it to life with oceanic creatures, people, and other objects.
My question is how do I capture these items and place them in the library for editing?

Also, is there a way to make an image of a person that looks like it is in motion so as to give the person a look of realism?

I believe that this post was in the PD Previous version forum and got moved to the PD21/365 forum here. You may want to check into obtaining free video and images from free sites. Check into the Shutterstock sites and search for what you want. If you like what they have, you can buy them individually or buy a subscription.

An alternative to this would be to buy a subscription to PD365 Business edition to get intro/outro templates that may help with your book. Both PD365 subscriptions allow you access to Istock commercial videos and images to use.

Check your other post.
Quote I've written a book on oceanic adventures and would like to create a story book with pictures and text.
Does anyone have suggestions

Your post titles indicate that you want YouTube videos. They need to be downloaded first to your pc using a YT video downloader. Do a google search for them. They are available in both free and paid versions.

If you only want pictures(still images), then the Windows print screen key, Windows Paint may be the only tools you need to take a snapshot of what you see on your pc monitor screen like when viewing a YT video.
You may want to go to the Cyberlink support website and check for the latest patch available. Install it and it may fix the problem. You could also contact support there if you feel that you need further help to try to get it to work properly on your pc.
Quote Hallo tomasc,
heute meine Antwort am 10.08.2023: Ich hatte viele Wege probiert, auch statt sofort "2D-Disc brennen" über "Einen Ordner ertstellen", auch über "Iso.Datei erstellen" und dann den Ordner bzw. die Iso.Datei mit verschiedenen Brennprogrammen zu brennen versucht (u.a. mit Power2Go 13 ultra, Ashampoo Free). Aber zum Schluss kommt immer der gleiche Fehler. Auch jetzt mit imgburn, siehe Anhang.
Noch eine Idee?

Thank you for the screenshots. When you try to burn a disc in PowerDirector, you get the informational message - This drive or disc is not ready.

In Power2Go you get the informational message - The selected drive is not ready or does not contain a disc.

When trying to burn the Default.iso in ImgBurn, you get the informational message - Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed).

In each of the three screenshots above, using different burning programs, the informational messages tell you that you have no optical disc inside the tray of the LG burner. Assuming that you do have an optical disc inside the LG burner, then the burner hardware has failed for a blank Blu-Ray disc.

You can check to see if the blue laser in the LG drive is still good. Insert a recorded or commercial movie Blu-ray disc and try to play it with PowerDVD that came with your LG Burner or any other compatible viewer software. If nothing works then it is time to replace the LG Burner.

Edit: Did you simply forget to insert a blank Blu-ray disc inside the tray of the LG Burner to get all those informational messages? If so, just insert a blank Blu-ray disc inside the tray and try again.

Vielen Dank für die Screenshots. Wenn Sie versuchen, eine Disc in PowerDirector zu brennen, erhalten Sie die Informationsmeldung „Dieses Laufwerk oder diese Disc ist nicht bereit“.

In Power2Go erhalten Sie die Informationsmeldung: Das ausgewählte Laufwerk ist nicht bereit oder enthält keine Disc.

Wenn Sie versuchen, die Default.iso in ImgBurn zu brennen, erhalten Sie die Informationsmeldung „Gerät nicht bereit“ (Medium nicht vorhanden – Fach geschlossen).

In jedem der drei Screenshots oben wird Ihnen bei Verwendung unterschiedlicher Brennprogramme in den Informationsmeldungen mitgeteilt, dass sich keine optische Disc im Fach des LG-Brenners befindet. Angenommen, Sie haben eine optische Disc im LG-Brenner, dann ist die Brenner-Hardware für eine leere Blu-Ray-Disc ausgefallen.

Sie können überprüfen, ob der blaue Laser im LG-Laufwerk noch in Ordnung ist. Legen Sie eine aufgenommene oder kommerzielle Film-Blu-ray-Disc ein und versuchen Sie, sie mit PowerDVD, das mit Ihrem LG-Brenner geliefert wurde, oder einer anderen kompatiblen Viewer-Software abzuspielen. Wenn nichts funktioniert, ist es Zeit, den LG-Brenner auszutauschen.

Bearbeiten: Haben Sie einfach vergessen, eine leere Blu-ray-Disc in das Fach des LG-Brenners einzulegen, um all diese Informationsmeldungen zu erhalten? Wenn ja, legen Sie einfach eine leere Blu-ray-Disc in das Fach ein und versuchen Sie es erneut.
Quote Zu erst was bitte ist "Smart FIT. Die Einstellung finde ich nirgens. Ich hab mir die Version PD 365 jetzt gekauft. Man
geht ja davon aus das neuere Versionen die alten Fehler ausmerzen sollten. Statt dessen wird es , was das betrifft immer schlimmer. Warum bitte wird eine DVD mit 9,5 Mbit gerendert. Dabei würden 6 Mbit Bitrate vollkommen ausreichen. Kann mann das nicht mal abstellen. Sollte ich vielleicht mal den Telefonischen Support Kontaktieren. Warum soll ich mir alte Software kaufen.

Was ist da bei Cyberlink eigentlich los.

Here is a screenshot of the create disc module from an earlier version of PD. See the red circled choices available via the drop down window. Dolby Digital cannot be selected in PD365. Smart Fit is still available for you to select in PD365. You should be able to fit close to 3.5 hours on a DVD+R DL disc. I can fit 4 hours of High Resolution video on a AVCHD Disc on DVD by using other tools in PD365 easily but that is another story. You can consult the help (F1 key) for more information if you want to do this.

I believe that CyberLink is doing their best since Dolby Labs no longer licenses the Dolby Digital audio codec to any consumer video editor company that I can find. None of PD365's competitors supply it anymore.

Hier ist ein Screenshot des Moduls zum Erstellen einer Disc aus einer früheren Version von PD. Sehen Sie sich die rot eingekreisten Optionen an, die über das Dropdown-Fenster verfügbar sind. Dolby Digital kann im PD365 nicht ausgewählt werden. Smart Fit steht Ihnen weiterhin zur Auswahl in PD365 zur Verfügung. Auf eine DVD+R DL-Disc sollten etwa 3,5 Stunden passen. Mit anderen Tools in PD365 kann ich problemlos 4 Stunden hochauflösendes Video auf eine AVCHD-Disc auf DVD packen, aber das ist eine andere Geschichte. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Hilfe (F1-Taste), wenn Sie dies tun möchten.

Ich glaube, dass CyberLink sein Bestes gibt, da Dolby Labs den Dolby Digital-Audio-Codec nicht mehr an irgendein Consumer-Video-Editor-Unternehmen lizenziert, das ich finden kann. Keiner der PD365-Konkurrenten bietet es mehr an.
Sad to hear that Smartfit did not work for the Op. Have never seen CyberLink software underestimate the final disc size. It has always an overestimation in which other tools are needed to get it exact or overestimated by a few bytes in an unsuccessful disc burn.
Here is a quick YouTube tutorial showing how it can be done. I have seen many tutorials on other users doing this. This should give you the idea of accomplishing this with the right opacity and blend mode using layers: https://youtu.be/OGrhOJ3_JAY .

Hier ist ein kurzes YouTube-Tutorial, das zeigt, wie es gemacht werden kann. Ich habe viele Tutorials über andere Benutzer gesehen, die dies tun. Dies sollte Ihnen die Idee geben, dies mit der richtigen Deckkraft und dem richtigen Mischmodus mithilfe von Ebenen zu erreichen: https://youtu.be/OGrhOJ3_JAY.
Quote Aber ich denke mal die hier von Cyberlink werden auch dieses Prblem nicht lösen können denn selbst die Versionen 19 und 20 hatten ja schon das Problem.

You may want to use earlier versions of PowerDirector to achieve your goals . Beginning with PD18 Dolby Digital video compressed audio of 256 Kbps was eliminated and only LPCM audio at 1536 Kbps is available. This reduces the maximum amount of time you can have on an optical disc. You may want to use an online Bitrate calculator to determine how much video you can put on disc or use the setting smartfit.

Möglicherweise möchten Sie frühere Versionen von PowerDirector verwenden, um Ihre Ziele zu erreichen. Ab PD18 wurde Dolby Digital-Videokomprimiertes Audio mit 256 Kbit/s eliminiert und es ist nur noch LPCM-Audio mit 1536 Kbit/s verfügbar. Dies reduziert die maximale Zeit, die Sie auf einer optischen Disc haben können. Möglicherweise möchten Sie einen Online-Bitratenrechner verwenden, um zu ermitteln, wie viel Video Sie auf die Disc speichern können, oder die Einstellung „SmartFit“ verwenden.
Another way. Highlight that image and click the duration button. Change the duration to the length of that song by typing the minutes and seconds wanted.
Go to: