Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Another way. Highlight that image and click the duration button. Change the duration to the length of that song by typing the minutes and seconds wanted.
Please post a full screenshot of the Create Disc/2D Disc page to allow us to see all your settings as an attachment on your next reply. It does sound like you did not choose Blu-ray to get that 48X message.

You may want to check Create a folder and uncheck Burn to disc. You can then burn the folder to a Blu-ray disc using imgburn(freeware).

Bitte posten Sie einen vollständigen Screenshot der Seite „Disc/2D-Disc erstellen“, damit wir bei Ihrer nächsten Antwort alle Ihre Einstellungen als Anhang sehen können. Es hört sich so an, als hätten Sie sich nicht für Blu-ray entschieden, um diese 48X-Nachricht zu erhalten.

Möglicherweise möchten Sie die Option „Ordner erstellen“ aktivieren und die Option „Auf Disc brennen“ deaktivieren. Anschließend können Sie den Ordner mit imgburn (Freeware) auf eine Blu-ray-Disc brennen.
Quote I have opened PD18 -> Capture -> Capture from an external or optical device, but nothing is happening with the capture. The VCR appears to be working OK as the counter is working. Am I missing something here?

Any help would be much appreciated. In the meantime I will search through manual to see what I can find.

It does sound like the device drivers were never installed. The capture from a TV signal button would be lit up if it was.

See this link for further help once the device driver is working: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97284.page .
Quote Hallo in die Runde

Motion Tracker bei Ultimate 21

Kann mir jemand bitte genaustens Erklären wie das Funktioniert.

Go to the CyberLink PowerDirector Tutorials webpage here: https://de.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software or here for the motion tracker tutorials in German: https://de.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software?category=1&pf=0&pv=0&ft=829 . Hope this helps.

Gehen Sie hier zur CyberLink PowerDirector-Tutorials-Webseite: https://de.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software oder hier für die Motion-Tracker-Tutorials auf Deutsch: https://de.cyberlink.com/learning/ powerdirector-video-editing-software?category=1&pf=0&pv=0&ft=829 . Hoffe das hilft.
Quote when i export my gopro 4k 50fps video ,there is not option 4k 50p ,only 4k 25p or 1920 50p

You can create a 50p custom profile to produce the video. Try the Profile Analyzer button to create one that is close to the original video. You can also create a custom profile by clicking the + button to the right of a similar profile. A popup window occurs. Go to the Video tab and change the frame rate from 25 to 50. You can change any other desired parameters. Be sure to rename the custom profile to what it is and click the OK button. Use the custom profile to produce the 50 fps video.
I believe that it is Windows avi for the old 4:3AR video capture. DV-AVI capture with read/write to DV-AVI lanc controlled camcorder in PD10. This means that you could edit and write the edited portions back to tape in the camcorder. I believe that all these desired features may be missing in the present PD365 as this may be considered obsolete today.
Thank you for the information. It does seem to be time related. Users have had success with the older 32 bit versions of PD. PD12 is the last version that works with dv-avi and smart rendering as reported by users. You may already have the solution. The manufacturer included PD10DE. I believe that it captures properly for your needs. Install the 32 bit version. It has more features. Try it and let us know if this fix your capture problem.
Quote I have a problem where when capturing to AVI with a USB dongle (EZmaker7), powerdirector cuts off the capture around the 40GB-60GB mark (never the same, just approximate) and complains there's not enough disk space; even though there's like 600 GB of free disk space.

What is interesting is that this error first occured on my external HDD, but was ok when capturing to my C: HDD. However, the problem started also happening on C: when I upgraded it to a SSD. Moreover, it has occured in both Powerdirector 14 and 365.

I'm running Windows 10 with 24 GB RAM, 6 core AMD CPU and standlone GPU. Any ideas?

If you can capture 40-60GB of avi files, let us know how many hours of recording is that and the bitrate. In the other post Barry claims only 4GB can be captured in the mp4 format which is about an hour. Looking for a correlation between formats, time, and bitrate.

If none is found here then I would suggest that you contact Cyberlink support with the information so that they are aware of a possible bug and the need to fix it. If it is a bug , not reporting it and expecting a user here to fix it is near hopeless. Engineers are paid to fix things but only if it is reported. 4 years later and no user bothered to fix it for free in the other post.
Quote Is there a way to disable the preview completely? It seems like a waste of energy to have this application constantly rendering the preview when I end up minimising it to the point of it being pointless so I can focus on what I'm doing.

Again, this isn't really an issue per-se. I have a fairly nice rig so don't really have an issue, it's more of an annoyance that you have an option to reduce the quality and all these other options around the preview when all I want to do is turn it off.

This is actually double bad when doing the key frames. The act of moving to the next frame takes about 5 seconds to process ALL the layers of stuff I have even though I don't care what it looks like yet. I want to just add the key frames (which should be a super fast process) then see what that section looks like, tinker a bit, then see it as a whole. I can't imagine anyone is editing frame by frame and wondering what each frame looks like (that doesn't make sense - film is moving pictures). Usually people probably define the keyframes and then look at the WHOLE thing so it's strange that the application continues to insist on rendering everything all the time.

Also, yes, to solve this issue I usually just make many small projects and render them separately and then bring them together for the final bit which is much better. However, it's really clunky since after puting it all together, I'm kind of stuck with what comes out of each module unless I want to go back into the sub project and tinker with it then re-render, etc... All of this could be solved by turning off the preview.

Thanks!

Since you are a computer science guy, you are not making sense here. Go to the Preferences/General and uncheck the Render a preview…
Try again with the checkbox unchecked for Fast video rendering technology. If that doesn't work then also uncheck both of the checkboxes in Preference/Hardware acceleration and try again.
Quote If I start a new project and go to settings, this time selecting NTSC 30fps and then produce the footage as an MP4 with NTSC 30fps the produced footage is much smoother..

This may sound dumb but when starting a project and producing it as an MP4, do I just ignore the PAL, NTSC codes and go for the closest frame rate as the mobile footage.?

I have just produced 2 short identical MP4 clips as PAL 25fps and NTSC 30fps. The NTSC is far smoother on my PC. Both MP4s also work on my TV connected via a USB stick, again the NTSC MP4 being much better!

If at some stage I wanted to convert the MP4 onto a Bluray disc so it works on a UK player would I still be able to?

I hope this makes sense!

Andy

You should edit and export using the ntsc 30/60 frame rates in the preferences for the timeline as you are doing now for the best experience. It is possible for you to edit with a pal 25/50 fps timeline and export at 30/60 fps although your editing may no longer be frame accurate. In the export page the h.264 and h.265 file formats default profiles have a Country dropdown window where you can select NTSC.

Creating a BD with a ntsc 30/60 fps may be better in your case. A 25/50 fps that studders may also be acceptable to many individual eyes. Do what you want. Most newer TVs and BD players sold in the UK should be able to handle the 30/60 fps frame rate.
Quote I'm not sure I understand your concern. What's shown in the timeline are thumbnails, not exact time accurate frames of video. What's shown in the preview window is accurate pic for the current scrubber position. That current timeline thumbnail probably occurs as your first frame in the video is maybe black. This black thumbnail covers the first 7 frames of video in the timeline. Since timeline is set at 30fps, that's 7/30 or 0.2333 seconds, The next thumbnail covers the next 7 frames of video, another 0.2333 seconds and so on. If the timeline thumbnails bother you, turn them off in pref > Editing > "Enable continuous...." That's actually preferred as timeline thumbnails can slow up timeline fluidity during editing, just use the preview window.

If your video does have a black initial video frame based on the preview window, trim those few frames off.

Jeff

I actually thought about that before answering the OP. The screenshot shows Gallery Hotspots.mp4 is not a black thumbnail in the media library. It is a black thumbnail when placed on the timeline.

I produced the Skateboard .mp4 clip with a 2.5 second fade in and it shows as a black clip in the media library and on the timeline. See the attached screenshot. That is why I believe that fade in is not on that original clip but may be an effect added by keyframes by the OP.

Whatever it is, the OP should be able to fix it by trimming or reversing what was done.
Quote For all of my videos, the first 1 to 3 seconds on the timeline show as black even though there is video there. This make the video start in black which I don't want. I would like my videos to start at the first frame showing whats in the frame.

Is there a way to fix this without losing the first few seconds?

Thank you.

I see that you have applied effects to the clip, maybe even keyframed a fade in Place the mouse cursor on the orange i in the black box on the left of the clip to see what effect you may have inadvertently added.

Play the same clip in the media library to see if you have the fade in on the original clip. Let us know.
Quote I'd probably suggest to make sure to select the SD 720x480/60i setting, other ratio's may cause issue on some players. It will still be interlaced like a DVD but all video and pics will not be distorted, they will have proper black bands.

As you note, the other pics if attached would shed more light on the action needed.

Jeff

The OP is actually doing well with his editing and what is shown so far in his three screenshots. His DVD is 4:3 AR while his BD screenshot is widescreen 16:9 AR. He is doing the cropping and repositioning of the timeline assets. CyberLink only sanctions widescreen for BD. I never tested the 720 x 480/60i setting to see the AR. It really doesn’t matter as the TVs that I have seen allow the AR to be changed for any video source. We all know that 4:3 menus can be created and work properly in old standalone players with crt TVs. That again is not sanctioned by CyberLink. Don’t want the OP to do anything not approved by CyberLink as we both can make anything work.

BTW: The 16:9 menu post that the OP created with his 5:4 AR monitor would align properly if he used a 16:9 AR monitor. It would not have mattered if he used different software. We both seem to have the software to fix anything like in the old versions.
Quote I hope this is what you need. Don't know how to show you wavy picture in DVD. Blue Ray no wavy picture. I could only attach 3 files. How do I send you the two files that show aspect ratio?

Thank you for the screenshots. You can add the other two files by creating the next post as each post is limited to three attachment max. DVDs can have either a 4:3 or a 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Blu-Ray can only have a 16:9 (widescreen) Aspect Ratio. You created your project in the 4:3 AR and created the Blu-Ray with a 16:9 AR. This causes some of the cropping and fit issues to fit the widescreen.

The DVD still indicates that the DVD was created with a 4:3 AR, same as the project. The Blu-Ray still shows the image heavily cropped to fill in the sides. The head of the man is cropped off.

To create the proper Blu-Ray you need to change the Project Aspect Ratio on the timeline from 4:3 to 16:9. You will need to readjust the cropping and reposition of all the images and videos on the timeline to show the heads of the subjects properly if you don’t want the black bars to show on the sides.

Looking at your timeline media library; the 01.jpg is 4:3 AR, next one at 3:4 AR, 3:4 Ar, 9:16 AR, 3:4 AR, 3:4 AR, Two video files at 9:16 AR (portrait mode orientation).

Unfortunately none of the assets in the media library are of the 16:9 AR. You have to crop and reposition each one of those shown to get them to show on a widescreen TV without the black bars on the sides. I generally shoot in landscape orientation with my phone to avoid these problems if I want to show it on my TV instead of someone else's phone.

With Blu-Ray you can create them with 24 or 60p (progressive) video while DVD is always 60i (interlaced) which can show wavy lines in some instances to individual eyes.
See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329488 .

Please post a full screenshot of your timeline so we can see the aspect ratio of the video in question. Post a screenshot of the video properties too on your reply as attachments.
Quote Maybe I should take a better look at my CPU then. I assumed the AMD 5800x was fast/good enough.
I blame my GPU for the slow processing, never thought of the CPU.

But it does make me wonder... What exactly does the GPU do when video editing?

Your current old consumer Amd cpu is faster than the Intel i9 cpu of two generations ago. 4k 30p use should be no problem. 4k 60p might be affected. The latest i9 and amd ryzen 9 could be your next step or a workstation.

The gpu is good for hardware decoding of video on the timeline and for speeding up the preview of certain old type style effects in the fx library.

#7 in the FAQ may help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97580.page#post_box_392520.
Quote pd 18 was working fine with win10 pro

You could install the latest patch for PD18 and see if it helps. More than likely you may want to use the compatibility modes in Windows 11 for earlier versions of Windows.

Let us know if you received any error messages during the installation or when you try to open PD18.
That effect has been in PD21/365 all the time. Just tried it with the blur effect. Jeff is good at figuring this out. Never used it before today. This is good to make one stand out in a crowd with a blured background.
The OP’s screenshot is a FAQ is in Italian. This is the equivalent in the English FAQ. It should be available in both PD21 and 365: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27246 . I can’t find it either. Maybe someone can give the exact name of the selection.
Quote I can't be sure if this is just me, but the fast forward button does fast forward the preview but is it at all possible to fast forward the audio as well in the preveiw? I am aware of scrubbing through the clip and the video speed but it's just something I feel might be helpful.

You could highlight all the clips on the timeline. Change the video speed up to 10X and preview it. Afterwards you can click undo and go back to normal video editing.
Go to: