Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Incorrect size on DVD video burn
W R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a problem where the program will not encode the video to the right size. For instance it says on a video that I'm trying to burn to a DVD-DL HQ that the required size is 6.5GB and will only burn to 2.77GB. It is encoding the whole video but will not hold to the calculated quality size. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the software. Same thing. I've kinda given up on this. I'm running on Win 10. Platinum edition Power2GO.

BTW: It is doing this on all videos regardless of size. One was supposed to burn the entirety of a DL disc and would only encode the video at a little over 4GB.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 06. 2023 13:03

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

What are you selecting in the Select the video encoding format and quality drop-down in Video and Audio Settings? Maybe try "Smart Fit" if you haven't yet.

Cheers
Power2Go Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
W R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

What are you selecting in the Select the video encoding format and quality drop-down in Video and Audio Settings? Maybe try "Smart Fit" if you haven't yet.

Cheers
Power2Go Moderator

No that didn't work either. I wonder if I'm getting a conflict with another codec? I have K-Lite installed. The only thing I haven't tried is to install to another PC and see if that works.

Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No that didn't work either. I wonder if I'm getting a conflict with another codec? I have K-Lite installed. The only thing I haven't tried is to install to another PC and see if that works.

Thanks.

Is your video you are burning entirely action video? P2G uses an initial estimated size based on full action video for the duration of your source and the maximum bitrate P2G utilizes. If the video contents you are burning are not full action video, say it contains a longer duration slideshow, or extended duration pictures, the full bitrate is not needed and the size is overestimated and the actual burn to DVD will be smaller.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Sad to hear that Smartfit did not work for the Op. Have never seen CyberLink software underestimate the final disc size. It has always an overestimation in which other tools are needed to get it exact or overestimated by a few bytes in an unsuccessful disc burn.