Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Light Source / Back Light effect?
GeneH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 07:47 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I’m using the Back Light effect to make a moving glowing object appear to be a light source, but the issue with that effect is that it makes the light rays only go from one direction (based on the effect’s center position). Does an effect exist that has rays coming out in an all or omni- directional way like a real light source? I'm already using the Bloom effect to make the immediate light source glow, but I'm looking to have a more effect light ray effect on top of that. I've attached a screenshot with an example of the issue.
[Thumb - output.jpg]
 Filename
output.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Back Light Example
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2023 12:42

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I’m using the Back Light effect to make a moving glowing object appear to be a light source, but the issue with that effect is that it makes the light rays only go from one direction (based on the effect’s center position). Does an effect exist that has rays coming out in an all or omni- directional way like a real light source? I'm already using the Bloom effect to make the immediate light source glow, but I'm looking to have a more effect light ray effect on top of that. I've attached a screenshot with an example of the issue.

Chroma keying the attached output.jpg is not desirable. You may want to use the BCC Spotlight effect. It works well in my testing for light coming in at an angle. It looks like that you will have an issue with the omnidirectional lighting. That can be fixed with a radial gradient mask.that can be keyframed as a moving light source.

I created this gradient mask for a transition many years ago and use it as a mask here as a flashlight effect. See the attached video. You can create this mask in an image program like PhotoDirector. I used Gimp back then.
 Filename
Flashlight effect.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
linear gradient mask used.
 Filesize
24237 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)