Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
add image between video
Shawnwil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2023 08:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to powerdirector coming over from fx. I am trying to add a picture image between a video and stretch it out and have music playing while the picture is shown. I am having a hard time stretching the picture out so that I can add the music on a clip underneath. I would love some help in working out this problem.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2023 08:57

Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am new to powerdirector coming over from fx. I am trying to add a picture image between a video and stretch it out and have music playing while the picture is shown. I am having a hard time stretching the picture out so that I can add the music on a clip underneath. I would love some help in working out this problem.

Thanks

Place the image on an empty track pick the end of your image with your mouse and stretch it as long as you want it.
Make a cut in your video and insert your image. Musicc can be inserted in the soundtrack.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am new to powerdirector coming over from fx. I am trying to add a picture image between a video and stretch it out and have music playing while the picture is shown. I am having a hard time stretching the picture out so that I can add the music on a clip underneath. I would love some help in working out this problem.

Thanks

Select the image, click on the side you want to stretch, the double arrow appears, drag it to the position you want and release it from the menu that appears, choose to move everything or move only the track in use. (This will keep things in place if applicable)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Online
[Post New]
Or,
Step 1: Drag the image you want to insert to the timeline, such that the image touches the start of the second video clip before which you want to insert the imageand a blue line becomes visible, this indicates that the start of the image is fully aligned with the start of the clip (hence the end of the previous clip)
Step 2: in the menu that is opening select: insert and move all clips
Step 3: by stretching the image, you effectively want to change its duration, so select the image and click on the clock icon above the timeline and change the duration settings. You can probably do that more precisely than by stretching, although stretching as Koen41 and AVPlayVideo write, might be faster

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2023 16:28

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Another way. Highlight that image and click the duration button. Change the duration to the length of that song by typing the minutes and seconds wanted.