CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows explorer is in windows 7. See this article on how to open it: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26178-how-open-windows-explorer-windows-7-a.html .
Try this with windows explorer: Go to the AutoRun Folder on the disc and open the AutoRun.exe. It this does not work then the discs may have deteriorated somewhat or need cleaning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ezmlc_KSPI is the link to video unaviable. Looks like this is a private video that you cannot share...
PD12 is not windows 10 compatible. Please post whatever error or informational messages you get when you either inset the disk or what name of file you tried to run. There should be two discs. How did you try to install them. Auto run is disable in windows 10 by default. The more details you give, the better usees here can help.
Quote Hi Tomasc, thank you, I want to try the 3 files in my PD, while following your video, but my "DroneY" clip is corrupt. It won't Import into PD 16 or 18. I checked my link to it & it seems I deleted the source. I looked in my Trash folder on PCloud & nothing with that name or file size is there??? Can you please re-share it with me. Sorry...

Thanks again, 2bskyhi

Do not have the Drone Y clip in my download folder. You can re-download optodata’s posted clips and try them on your pc and cell phone. The created anamorphic 5k and 5.7k videos are a burden to run on any smartphone which supports only 4k videos max. Posting them to a streaming service like YT or creating the lower 4K resolution videos may be the way to go.

I downloaded 4 different video players from the Google play store including VLC and the only player that will play them is U player on an 8 core cpu smartphone. Have not found any android player that will play the HEVC 4k MOV files from my Ipad Pro or an iPhone. You are welcome to downloads the hundreds of them to see which work best on your phone.

Creating the screen capture shows that the Intel UHD 630 graphics can encode beyond the 4k to the 5.7K videos that I did not expect and svrt can be available in a Desktop but maybe not at all in a laptop it seems from your report.

Every player you mentioned played the same created anamorphic videos properly on my pc. You may have the less feature VLC win 10 app instead of the full version installed. Windows 10 removed the HEVC playback from the initial offering 4 years ago. Installing the same codec from the MS store that optodata posted the link earlier for 99 cents should allow you to play the same files on WMP that works in both optodata and my pc.

Good luck on your endeavor on your goal for the cell phone and the laptop!!
Good work to do during the covid-19 pandemic.
I had the same problem yesterday. Have auto sign in with PowerDirector. My password disappear each time so I had to make do with what I already had. You may want to report this issue to Cyberlink support to let them know.
OK. Back at my pc now configured to use Intel UHD 630 graphics like yours. Would like you to check out the created and uploaded 5K drone video on YouTube with any 5K capable smartphone viewer. The link is here for the 4 second video: https://youtu.be/X7c8QFQHwRU .

Before going further please view the screen recording showing the PowerDirector clips, smooth playback, their properties and resolution, svrt status, hardware encoder status, using the Intel integrated graphics on my computer. As you can see, no Hardware Acceleration was enabled and no shadow files were used. This should help answer questions on using either of the two options on my previous post that whether Intel hardware encoding or SVRT can be available. SVRT is available in the right circumstances. Hardware Intel OS encoding is always available. Link to this screen recording: https://youtu.be/g3vWq5gAVMc .

The same SVRT and Hardware encoding are available in PD14 and PD17.
Depthcharger04 - Great. Short. Concise, and to the point! This should help others...
Quote The DVD I'm creating has 9 chapters. Each menu has 3 chapters so I have 3 menus. I'm attempting to have different images on each of the three menus.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. It works just fine if I choose to have all the menus with the same template. I'm just not understanding how to create and then assigning a unique template to each of the menus separately.

You must create thee different menus with three different backgrounds. You can then apply only the selected chapter menu for each. Two different contributors have done it. Do a search to find the details on how to do it.

Quote Also, when I do make an error it changes the menu structure obviously. Is there a method to get back to the point I was before I pressed the button which made this change? So far I've been going back and just completely starting over. I expected to be able to use the undo button, but it is dimmed out

While you are on any menu page, there are the Undo and Redo arrow buttons at the top in Menu Designer that you can use. Not at my home pc with PD right now. The undo button is not active if you leave say the chapters menu and go to the root menu and back to the chapters menu. They are active only while you are in the current session on that particular menu page.
See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79023.page and attach the DxDiag.txt on your next reply. Let us know which version of PDVD19 did you buy.
Been following this discussion. My thoughts are that optodata has supplied the very best technique and solution for anamorphic 4k videos. Would like to know what is the device that you plan to view these particular drone videos. If it is a normal 16:9 4k widescreen TV or computer monitor then your pc requirement can be much less. If it is a 21:9 5k computer monitor like this one: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34WK95U-W-ultrawide-monitor then what has been discussed will work here.

1. Assuming that the produced ultrawide video is displayed on a normal 16:9 4k TV then you can just produce at the HEVC 3840 x 2160 37 Mbps profile. FRVT Intel QS encoding will be available. See the screenshot. You will have black bars on the top and bottom and can skip the last post VD2 step. Top and bottom black bars will appear regardless on a 16:9 TV. Only the VD2 desqueeze step is used beforehand.

2. Again if your viewing is on a normal 16:9 4k TV then it is well within the capability of your laptop hardware to use the original drone videos on the timeline and the same default HEVC profile to enable svrt that you want to use. Afterwards use FFmpeg on the produced video to add an anamorphic flag on a newly created video that will expand the video to ultrawide(12:5 AR).

Hope this helps. Your Intel HD630 can only encode up to 4k but not 5k video. You have option 1 and 2 above that is well within the capabilities of your laptop.
I believe that that is because of the Blu-ray specifications. There was an adendum that allows 50 fps progressive at 28 Mbps for the avchd 2.0 specification. At one time it supported only in the higher end BD players. I use 1080p60. I find that PD allows svrt on low bitrate 50/60 fps progressive material. Maybe it will work in producing a 50 fps disc at say 18 Mbps. That can be a three hour long movie on it. You have to prepare the video properly. That is the key.
Interesting. Do you remember when the Passmark Rating Test 10.0 was released, like maybe 2 weeks ago...
Quote holy smokes batman!
i lost 2000 points on i7-2860QM, i7-3940XM and FX 8370E cpus. Ryzen 7 2700X???

Remember this post on March 6, 2020: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81652.page#336067 . The i5-7200u scored 3741. Today it is 3408 for a decrease of 333 points.

The e5-2690v3 scored 18010. Today it is 15468 for a decrease of 2542 points. This is a decrease of 3532 points from Sonic's previous sighting.

High end Intel processors lost the most points two weeks ago. The tests were updated and seem to favor high end AMD cpu's for now. The Intel high end, like the i9 seem to have lost a lot of points. Maybe a user that purchased and run the passmark benchmarking software can shed more light on the tests for cpu scores
Quote CPU - fastest, you can afford without breaking the bank.

avoid older intel cpus with single suffixes ix-xxxx U / M to name a few at all cost! also avoid AMD APU, too; however, current generation intel i7-10xxx U kicks a**. if in doubt then check it out at cpubenchmark. see above link.

CPU cpubenchmark score ≥10000 / 1920x1080 FHD & 3840x2160 4K.

The cpu Passmark scores are lower than what is posted 3 weeks ago for the same cpu's Older i7's lose as much as 3000 from the original score. The testing have changed. Check your own cpu pasmark from the last time you looked it up.
After reading 2bskyhi’s problem, I decided to check things out. 4096 does not appear in the Profile.ini link downloaded from the PC Cloud. I made as many mistakes as one can make as I created custom PD profiles in the past and now created VD2 custom profiles along with the two different sets from optodata that all have similar project names. Once sorted happy to say that the last set of profile.ini addition and VD2 project file produced the desired results.

I have found that WMP can work much like VLC. Hit Alt-1 key to resize the video to half size. You can use the same technique with the double headed arrow I posted earlier with the screenshot for VLC if necessary.

After reviewing the different techniques discussed in the past, I believe that this is the best technique to edit and produce true cinematic widescreen videos as opposed to anamorphic videos. Consumer 12:5 AR videos are almost always on a 16:9 camera sensor. After editing, added circular objects will remain circles and not ovals. Added Squares objects will remain squares and not horizontally expanded rectangles. This is the technique needed for serious filmmaking with PowerDirector.

Other techniques like expanding the edited and produced anamorphic video by 1.33x will of course give the correct dimensions but the objects added during editing like circles, squares, titles, and people will also be expanded by 1.33 horizontally. You may not want that. I see optodata has created the best possible solution for anamorphic 12:5 or say 21:9 video editing for PowerDirector.

BTW:Found that Virtual Dub 2 is easier to learn and use than with VLC to create that final video. It allows one to save all the settings as projects that you can edit, redo, and rename. Will PM.

Hope that this may help someone who consider editing cinematic widescreen videos.
You could undock the preview screen and expand it to full screen temporarily. You could also resize the preview screen by placing the mouse cursor between the media library and preview screen border until you see a double headed arrow. You can then click and drag to the left and release. Do the same with the border between the preview screen and the timeline tracks.

If you watch the Sharper Turtle videos on YouTube then you will see that Jim does this resizeing effortlessly to show the library area, preview screen, and timeline tracks. These are good examples of resizing PD17 components on the fly..
2bskyhi, one thing I can't tell from your screen captures is whether or not those black bars are permanently present, or are simply the result of playing a 2.4:1 video on a 16:9 monitor. The way to tell is to take the player out of full screen mode and drag one of the corners towards the middle.

The laptop has a 4k display and VLC may need to be reset (resize player ar start). This is how I check for black bars on VLC. Load, play, and then pause the processed 4k video. Go to VLC/Video/Zoom/1:4 Quarter.Now place the mouse cursor along the lower edge of VLC until it change to a double headed arrow. Click and drag up or down to see no black bars on the top or sides. You can do the same for the side if needed. If unable to achieve then you know it is not 12:5 Aspect Ratio. I achieve this on the VD2 converted videos used here. Hope this helps! laughing

EDIT: Here is a screenshot to make it more clear on how I check for permanent black bars on VLC.
If you ever registered the software then the product key will be found after signing in to your cyberlink registration link.
Go to: