CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Translation:
When you create an AVCHD disc in the PowerDirector18 trial, you will be asked to "This output profile is only available when a hardware video encoder is available." To use it, enable the hardware video encoding option. It comes out. I'm using gtx650 as a GPU, but do I need the latest GPU in PowerDirector18? By the way, you can create AVCHD without any problems with the PowerDirector11 you are using now.

Answer:
I believe that it is one of the trial software limitations in the past. You should be able to create an AVCHD disc with no hardware encoding like you do now with PowerDirector 11 once you buy the software.

You can use any video card with PowerDirector 18. The newer ones and the more powerful ones may be better as it works with a modern computer.

In Japanese:
私はそれが過去の試用版ソフトウェアの制限の一つであると信じています。ソフトウェアを購入すると、PowerDirector 11で今のようにハードウェアエンコーディングのないAVCHDディスクを作成できるはずです。PowerDirector 18 では、任意のビデオ カードを使用できます。新しいものと、より強力なものは、現代のコンピュータで動作するので、より良いかもしれません。
The cinematic black bars have been made years ago by several users and shared over the years. They create an image that can be placed on a lower track, save it for the next time and so be done with it.

Here is a link to one of them that is shared: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40996.page .
It is also known as Magic Motion. See this tutorial: https://youtu.be/55P37J1mOpc .
Place the cursor at the beginning of the clip on the timeline and do a split where you want the correction to begin. Move the cursor to the end of where you want to correction to end and do a split. You hnow have a center portion of the clip that you highlight and click on Fix/Enhance to do your color or brighness/darkness correction.
The answer is that PD18/365 should work. Download the trial version essentials good for 30 days. The Trial version may have limitations that I have not been able to find in the FAQ.
After placing the images in the timeline, open the transition room and choose the fade. Look just above the timeline on the left. You have the option button to Apply fading transition to all videos. Click on it.
Quote When I go to burn an AVCHD disc, in the Create Disc > 2D Disc menu I always select HD 1920 x 1080/50i (17 Mbps).

I've attached a couple of screenshots to show this.

But even a new Panasonic BluRay player wouldn't play my test disc.

I have been successfully making AVCHD Discs with PowerDirector since 2011. PD17 is my favorite as Dolby Digital audio is supported allowing more headroom for the videos. You may want to Create a Folder and then use ImgBurn(freeware) to burn and verify the disc.

Try this: Uncheck both checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware acceleration. In the Final burn window do not check the hardware video encoder. Use only cpu encoding on your next disc and it should work in any Blu-ray players that support AVCHD Discs.

I create AVCHD 2.0 Discs all the time and they are compatible with my Sony but not my Digitek BD player. The message that PepsiMan attachment is what I get in the Digitek player.
You may be able to fix the problem yourself using a backup. Check your Nvidia driver version and roll back to the previous one if you can. See this recent post on what to do if a dch driver got installed: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82570.page .
I checked the shadow files created for the uhd 60p GoPro clips at the high preview settings. They are about 1/13 of the original size with the same framerate. Your clip shadow file problem is duplicated here. I beleive the reason for it is non native support for the 2.33:1 aspect ratio cinematic widescreen video of your sample clip. It is not one of the aspect ratio natively supported in PowerDirector. It is something that will have to be fixed by Cyberlink.

For short 2160p60 hevc GoPro clips, I do not use shadow files if there in a HD resolution majority clip timeline anyway. You have stated that your clip can play smoothly in your i5 laptop. I would just edit the video in your AMD Ryzen desktop without shadow files until this is fixed. You may want to try the non realtime display to see if it helps. I don't think that you need shadow files for that clip at all because it is AVC or h.264 with a resolution lower than UHD.
Quote Thought I'd update to confirm this is an issue with PowerDirector and AMD CPU's...

Does NOT happen on my 9th gen i5 laptop.

I do not know what the preview resolution is set on on your i5 laptop. Check the preview quality setting on that Ryzen Desktop. Set it to high and it should work hopefully.
It looks like that you produced the video as a 3D side by side instead of using the 2D tab.
It plays back okay on my timeline. Haven't try to edit it yet. My preview resolution is set to high.
Quote Shooting subject against a Blue Screen. Eye are close enough to blue that adjusting the filters for the blue screen affects the eyes. In Adobe Photoshop there is a tool to mark an area such as a face to prevent ajustments from affecting the blocked area. Is there a tool like this in PD 19?

You posted and inquired about Blue screen in the PowerDVD19 forum. This is a media player. For video, ColorDirector has the motion mask tool that can be used. For images, there are tools in PhotoDirector for that. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/77484.page .
Quote Thanks so much for this helpful reply. This is exactly what I would wish to do.... -- But drats! -- I've got PhotoDirector8! Is there no way to do this in the older version?

You can always create a new black background image in another image software such as Gimp or Paint and import that into PhotoDirector.

In Windows Paint 3D, Make sure brush is selected on top. Click on the black color. Click on the Bucket Fill button. Go to Menu/Save As/Image/Give a filename and click the save button. You can import this in PhotoDirector for use.
The location of your downloaded titles are in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles.

The location of your custom titles should be in Users\your_user_name\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\MyTitles\*.*. You can copy them from your old drive to your new drive at the specified path.
One should always copy the files from the phone to the hard drive first. Here is one tutorial that may help with the black thumbnails: https://youtu.be/yhQ_1Q4H6EY .
The answer is yes. You can mix frame rates on the timeline and have no judder in the produced video as 30, 60, 120, and 240 are exact multiples of the lower frame rate. If your timeline is 60 fps and then your 120 fps clips are sharper without the motion blur desired by some filmmakers when produced at 60 fps. You can slow those down to 0.5 speed and the 240 fps clip to 0.5X or 0.25X speed if you want.
Please note the time it takes for the Burning Succesful message to appear. Look at the time elapsed and write it down and compare them with the Intel Quick Sync checked and unchecked. In the past all of my created BD are fast like a 3hr disc created in less than 1 hour by not using the Intel Quick Sync because my videos are all SVRT compliant. It takes longer to create them with the Intel QS encoding.

Right now I create the BD from a streaming source which are not SVRT compliant and must be re-encoded. The Intel QS shortens the encoding time.
I believe that StevenG is right. With a 60 or 59.94 fps timeline set in preferences then you can edit accurately to 2 frames and 4 frames respectively with the GoPro 120 and 240 fps clips. There are already default h.264 mp4 profiles for producing those 120 and 240 fps clips. You can always create and use a custom profile for your needs. There is no need to slow the footage down unless you want to.

This question may have been answered by Jeff 4 years ago: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46061.page .
That .pds file you attached is a text file containing the instructions on what you do and edit with the video on your timeline. There is no video embeded in that .pds file. Look at the file size of 356 KB. It is only text. You need to go to the Produce tab and produce the file say in the mp4 or m2ts format and upload that particular mp4 or m2ts file from your hard drive to YouTube, not this pds file.
Go to: