Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So its not nVida driver issue, its PDVD14 Ed playback issue. Also i have further found that not only launching nVidia control panel fix the issue.....if I just click "My Computer", then My computer window opens and stutter goes away. Infect at that time if i click any thing on desktop and window opens and same time stutter goes away. Its extremely mind blowing issue. Never experienced before.
Sir,
original BD media works fine. Only the situation as I stated is the only issue I am facing. I use Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware) 5.4.7.0 and there is no nay update to this.
With same setup my PDVD 12 was working flawless. It is happening only with PDVD14ultra and strangely while stutter playback when i simply launch nVida control panel, stutter goes away.
I am facing a strange issue. As soon as I play any 3D BD Iso, PDVD14 plays that 3D iso but in stuttering mode. While it stutters, i make small screen of PDVD14 and from desktop right click and I run nVidia control panel while PDVD is playing in stuttering mode. As soon as nVida control panel launches, stutter goes away. Before i was having PDVD12 and it was working flawless.

I have used all possible lastest nVida WHQL drivers so far but same issue persist. Also I have updated PDVD14 with all updates available on cyberlink website with no solution to this issue.

System:

PDVD14 ultra
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
GeForce: GT 520

How to fix this tiny issue with PDVD14?
Denethor. Great job, if it works. Thank you and I hope PDVD team should open their eyes towards such minor but important changes to their software by simply putting their reset.
This is not PDVD12 fault, it is equipment fault as I understood from my experience. Check your AVR settings if you use one between HTPC and TV/Monitor/projector
I have similar issue with TMT5 all builds that as soon as I play any BD, the picture gets too bright but I contacted their support and discussed on forum but perhaps 2 or 3 people have this issue on their Windows 7 ultimate but TMT could not help me out of this brightness issue and I believe that you are facing same issue with PDVD12. It seems that it is some Windows 7 issue which happens with a few people so v.difficult to isolate. May be you must do a clean installation of windows and install PDVD12 and then see your results or you are having an AVR between your HTPC and TV/projector. Just remove AVR and connect directly and see the results.
yes it is same like John Carter. I had to start Avengers 3D BD at 2D mode and then after menu comes I can change it to 3D. Dont know why cyberlink did not fix this issue for John Carter so they likely would not fix it for Avengers too.
chippy100, after you replaced nVidia with ATI card, did you feel any decrease in picture sharpness with ATI. I have some past experience and I think nVidia cards produce sharp video. May be I am wrong. Also i tried all drivers and no use. You are right. It seems that problem is with nVidia cards.
^^
wow, good to know but instead of changing the card, you should have tried different GeForce drivers, lets say the last 3 drivers, may be one could have worked. I shall try and shall post ASAP.
you are right, there should not be any need, but what else is the solution. It seems that cyberlink do not have this issue in their labs.
Thanks Manoroid, this is what i was trying to say exactly. I moved it by mistake and it affects 3D BD playback even if you move slider right or left even slightly. There should be a reset. Thank you.
yeah, i am facing same issue and i adjusted delay through AV receiver. But this is not right solution to this problem. I wonder what cyberlink is doing in this regard as there are some more threads on this issue. This happens when only HTPC is used in conjunction with AV receiver and 3D display.
I am using 1905c but also lip sync issue was with previous version as well. I believe that it is not the fault of PDVD rather some other components, perhaps in my case nVidia graphic card and its drivers. but so far no fix.
ye, i do have same issue and so i adjusted delay through my Denon receiver. It seems it relates to 3D displays.
This forum structure is created by cyberlink and i am sure that the engineers do read the contents in order to make themselves aware of pros and cons of there software. It would be rubbish if they do not have time to read these threads. They must and should not always rely on there users to contact support. How many problems have been fixed by support if user tell them of any issue? I guess none. They read these forums and then correct the problems in the next patch.
All 3D BDs movies react differently on this 3D slider as even a slightest change towards right or left brings change to convergence and depth, etc. There should be middle point marked by PDVD team so that user can always have choice to bring it to that mark (default) easily, like it is done in TMT. If there is no mark, how can you bring it 100% in the middle by yourself. No, not possible.
IN PDVD12 in 3D settings, there is "3D Scene Depth" slider. If i move it right or left from its default position, how can i bring it back exactly[u] to its default position?
I just thought to post this information here, as it might be helpful for many.

I have many movies on my HDDs BD folders (ripped BD files) and many of them just dont play. Whenever i chose BD folder PDVD tries to play them and then there is simply a blank screen. Nothing happens any further. And some play fine without any issue.

After lots of frustration, looking here and there I thought to analyze BD folder structure and I found that many BD folders movies in BDMW folder do not have a folder name: "AUXDATA". So what i did I simply copy some other BD folder's AUXDATA folder and past in the BD->BDMW folder and then tried plying same BD folder movies and then magic happened all those movies played perfectly.

So for any one whose certain BD folder refuse to play using PDVD12, can copy AUXDATA folder from any other movies BD folder and paste in the BD->BDMW folder which does not contain AUXDATA folder, then such BD folder shall playback fine without any issue.

Try and post your experince.
I am having this issue only with non BD files, mostly on MKV when i run full screen. Sttutering starts and sometimes it gets stuck for a while. Rest is all fine with PDVD 12.

W-7-U-64-bit
Intel Core-2-Quad
Geforce GT 520 Silent
well i have been using both PDVD12 and TMT5.144. The new build 144 has many issues whoever is installing it including myself. So far I can confirm that PDVD12 has least issues in comparison. I think the only thing which PDVD12 is missing is this auto switching between 2D and 3D instead of doing it manually and I believe cyberlink shall fix it soon.
Go to: