Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Blu-Ray Iso stutters
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I am facing a strange issue. As soon as I play any 3D BD Iso, PDVD14 plays that 3D iso but in stuttering mode. While it stutters, i make small screen of PDVD14 and from desktop right click and I run nVidia control panel while PDVD is playing in stuttering mode. As soon as nVida control panel launches, stutter goes away. Before i was having PDVD12 and it was working flawless.

I have used all possible lastest nVida WHQL drivers so far but same issue persist. Also I have updated PDVD14 with all updates available on cyberlink website with no solution to this issue.

System:

PDVD14 ultra
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
GeForce: GT 520

How to fix this tiny issue with PDVD14?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
do you face the same issue when playback the original BD MEDIA?

What ISO mounter do you use? (maybe there is an update available)

Please also check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38203.page

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sir,
original BD media works fine. Only the situation as I stated is the only issue I am facing. I use Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware) 5.4.7.0 and there is no nay update to this.
With same setup my PDVD 12 was working flawless. It is happening only with PDVD14ultra and strangely while stutter playback when i simply launch nVida control panel, stutter goes away.
86sixsix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2010 10:08 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
my setup does this for iso's and also physical media

i believe the whole nvidia-stutter-issue to be a 23 vs 24 hz or 1001 divider problem that vanishes when the nvidia control panel queries what the card is up to after powerdvd switches it to the wrong frequency

(presently on driver 344.75 but i am about to try with 347.25)
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
So its not nVida driver issue, its PDVD14 Ed playback issue. Also i have further found that not only launching nVidia control panel fix the issue.....if I just click "My Computer", then My computer window opens and stutter goes away. Infect at that time if i click any thing on desktop and window opens and same time stutter goes away. Its extremely mind blowing issue. Never experienced before.
86sixsix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2010 10:08 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
you are correct. simply opening *any* new window to take focus away from powerdvd makes it smooth as silk again.

tested on v347.25

open pdvd... enable 3d... cyberlink jerk-o-vision... open *any* *new* explorer window... return to powerdvd... smooth

crazy. still that's cyberlink for you :-S
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please post which program you used to create the ISO

Would you mind to try another ISO virtual drive Software?
Power2Go 10 Essential offers ISO mounter as well.

if your issue persists I would suggest to contact our technical Support team

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan