Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 13 suggestion
vbmira [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2012 13:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I would be nice for a future version 13 of PowerDVD, to have a built-in a media center view style for movie selection and built-in ISO mounter. The first part isn't a technlogical chalenge and should be design for easier access with a remote. The second part shouldn't be that hard too since http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/ offers open source for a CD/DVD/BD emulator.

If you are looking into ideas for generating money, that is one and I am willing to pay for an upgrade. Since Windows 8 MCE will be a paid addon, might I as well look for a all-in-one solution instead of a MCE/VirtualDrive/MountDrive/PowerDVD combination.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user to user forum and very seldom does anyone from Cyberlink engineering reads these forums. Why don't you make that suggestion directly to Cyberlink?

Sometimes there is a forum topic that asks for suggestions. those are above where you posted.

Here Look at the bottom to send a p.m. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21460.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 14. 2012 15:45

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
This forum structure is created by cyberlink and i am sure that the engineers do read the contents in order to make themselves aware of pros and cons of there software. It would be rubbish if they do not have time to read these threads. They must and should not always rely on there users to contact support. How many problems have been fixed by support if user tell them of any issue? I guess none. They read these forums and then correct the problems in the next patch.
vbmira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This is a user to user forum and very seldom does anyone from Cyberlink engineering reads these forums. Why don't you make that suggestion directly to Cyberlink?

Sometimes there is a forum topic that asks for suggestions. those are above where you posted.

Here Look at the bottom to send a p.m. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21460.page

You are referring to a thread that is locked and can't show how many users are interested in a specific idea. Mine won't be locked.

Cyberlink's technical support are not using this forum for providing support, but it doesn't mean that Cyberlink employes are not allowed to browse this forum on their own time.

Besides that, what is best for all of us, is to keep this thread growing up with support for this idea.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2012 08:56

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please re-read my post above. I suggested that you go to that thread and at the bottom is Cyber-Michael's link to send him a p.m. That gets the suggestion directly to a Cyberlink employee.

BTW, I don't disagree with your suggestion; just that there is a better way of getting the suggestions to Cyberlink.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2012 09:11

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
vbmira [Avatar]
[Post New]
I read correctly and understood what you meant. But that thread appears to me, to be too static and short for generating general approval for new ideas.

Thanks though for mentionning how to add suggestions.
christianbobak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2012 13:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm wondering why support for the HD format was discontinued in all PowerDVD versions after #7? I am now stuck with no way of playing my HD discs. I do not understand Cyberlink's need to discontinue support and would like to see them return it.
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
+1 on the built-in ISO mounter. Would be such a convenient task to have this done on this software itself.
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I heard that there'll be a built-in ISO mounter in Windows 8. How do you think about that?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sharepointcomic/archive/2012/03/03/mount-iso-in-windows-8.aspx
syamkumar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2013 14:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
powerdvd12 is verrygood dvd player but i think if you can improve audio quality and chnge the 2 speakers playback options for music and I want out standing audio quality .....
syamkumar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2013 14:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I want Outstanding like pure and genuine audio quality
moi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2012 12:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I want better subtitles, I want to be able to edit the delay interval, the font and the position. Please.
The actual subtitle quality when I watch mkv video is awful !
rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I think they should stay with version 12 and just make that one work great befor focousing on a new version. Has have 3 different versions and have had issues with them all. Lets try to get one that has no issues and go from there
[Post New]
PowerDVD 13 will be another con. They bring out a broken version and never get round to fixing the problems, they just hope people will buy the new version when released.
I have learned the hard way after upgrading since version 8. I will not be conned again. If and when my current version needs replacing I will be looking to another company.
For example I was told I couldn't get Windows 8 modern UI compatibility because I purchased PDVD12 Ultra before a certain time, probably the worst customer service I've ever encountered. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26406.page#143722 Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85