Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 stuttering issue
[Post New]
I was having massive stuttering whenever I play any of my ripped movies (ALL LEGAL!) whether it be .mkv, .m2ts, .avi, or .mp4. All I did was disable Aero interface and the problem is now gone. Tested on 5 different movies now and all is good.

Just wanted to post this as a possibe fix for some of the other stuttering/jerky video issues other people are having...

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro x64
OS drive - Plextor MP3 Pro 256GB SSD
Motherboard - Supermicro X8DA6
x2 Processor - Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
Vido Card - Nvida GTX 690
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this issue only with non BD files, mostly on MKV when i run full screen. Sttutering starts and sometimes it gets stuck for a while. Rest is all fine with PDVD 12.

W-7-U-64-bit
Intel Core-2-Quad
Geforce GT 520 Silent
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tiberius, what build number are you using here by any chance?
YerfDR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2012 20:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently installed and find my MKV rips also stutter. Is there a fix for this? I disabled the Aero desktop already.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this issue could be caused by incompatible frame rate (e.g. MKV uses 24Hz and Display 50 or 60Hz). Suggest to check Display refresh rate and source material frame rate.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
YerfDR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2012 20:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I set the graphics frame rate (Intel I3) to 23 Hz and the stuttering stopped, though there were still playback issues. The other problem is that Mediacenter TV playback will not work with this setting. I can't work with having to manually set depending on activity. I am looking at alternative players for rips.

There is no problem with using PowerDVD to play a bluray disk without having to change display frame rate.