Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto switch between 2D and 3D?
Manni01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2009 17:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem in PowerDVD11 and 12, you can either set the software in 2D (in which case 3D blurays are played in 2D) or in 3D (in which case 2D blurays are played in 3D).

I would like to play 2D blurays in 2D, and 3D blurays in 3D, automatically, without having to change the 3D option in the software.

Is there an option to do this, or can it be implemented?

This is the way it works in TMT5, so it should be possible.

Many thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2012 06:19

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

yes we know about this limitation and we are discussing a solution internally already

br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would this solution be for PDV11 as well, or just PDVD12?

BR,

Manni
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Mike. This will be a great addtional in the future release.
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there,

Has this been solved in patch 1514?

I can't see it in the change log.

Thanks!
nighteagle [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 09, 2007 10:46 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Waiting for this AMP: Hegel H100, DAC: Hegel HD2, Speakers: Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T, TV: Samsung PS63C7705 (pn63c8000) 63", HTPC: NVIDIA GTX 680, Windows 7 SP1 x64 with blu-ray
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still not in 1618?

Any chance to get this soon? I'm not using PDVD12 with MCE primarily of this. Too annoying to switch to 2D or 3D every single time you play a movie. This is a bug, not a feature, or at least it should be made optional. I don't want to see 3D movies in 2D, or 2D movies in 3D!

Is it only three of us having a problem with this?

If you would like this to happen, please post in the thread as apparently not many people are bothered (in which case I understand why it's not up Cyberlink's priority list).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 11. 2012 04:43

ethanwa79 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2012 17:56 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Count me as another disappointed customer here. ANY main 3D Blu-ray player on the market these days can auto-detect and switch between 2D and 3D. You can buy one online for less than $70. How does PowerDVD not do this? Very annoying.

PLEASE FIX!
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the support, but unfortunately it still looks like only 4 of us care about this. So we can't blame Cyberlink for not dedicating any resources to this. I have no idea why more users are not taking the time to post, but in the meantime I'm using another product. Sadly pdvd is not useable like this as far as I'm concerned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 18:09

ethanwa79 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2012 17:56 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
What is the other program you are using? Does it support Windows Media Center?
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: What is the other program you are using? Does it support Windows Media Center?

I mentionned it in the first post, it's Arcsoft's TMT5. Make sure you test a trial version on your PC because both software are highly platform sensitive (they will work great on one PC and fail on another). But yes, it has great integration with Media Centre and MyMovies, like PowerDVD.
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 14:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Trust me you are not alone. I have just got the trial running, very please just about to buy ultra but could not figure out why I could only play 3d or 2d regardless of the disc! Thanks for the posts. I have some niggles with tmt playback and delays mounting a ISO. But it handles 3d switching. If only one would tick all the boxes. I will stick with tmt until Pdvd auto switches unless tmt fixes it's problems first.
Manni01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Trust me you are not alone. I have just got the trial running, very please just about to buy ultra but could not figure out why I could only play 3d or 2d regardless of the disc! Thanks for the posts. I have some niggles with tmt playback and delays mounting a ISO. But it handles 3d switching. If only one would tick all the boxes. I will stick with tmt until Pdvd auto switches unless tmt fixes it's problems first.

Arcsoft has just released a build 144 of TMT5 which solves a lot of the playback issues and integrates much better with MCE (no start/end TMT screen). Definitely worth trying (there is a link to download it in the TMT forum.

As said before, both software are very good, but depending on your PC one might run better than the other...

Let's hope Cyberlink will solve this 2D/3D issue at some point.
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 14:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I tried it. Arcsoft clone drive works fine, but from my movies selecting br iso it some times hangs and fails to start. Thats still in 5.3 for me. I have a video stuttering issue after an hour or so, I have not watched enough with TMT5.3 to know if that's fixed for me. I don't get those issues with pdvd12 but have just got a 3d tv !
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
well i have been using both PDVD12 and TMT5.144. The new build 144 has many issues whoever is installing it including myself. So far I can confirm that PDVD12 has least issues in comparison. I think the only thing which PDVD12 is missing is this auto switching between 2D and 3D instead of doing it manually and I believe cyberlink shall fix it soon.