Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone else having problems with Avengers 3D?
intvsteve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2012 22:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Same problems as with John Carter 3D -- which have been known for three months. This is getting pathetic -- not like you'd expect the Avengers 3D disc to be very popular...

Busted in Germany, too... See also:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/24627.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2012 09:36

intvsteve
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
yes it is same like John Carter. I had to start Avengers 3D BD at 2D mode and then after menu comes I can change it to 3D. Dont know why cyberlink did not fix this issue for John Carter so they likely would not fix it for Avengers too.
intvsteve [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wish that trick worked for me. Even in 2-D mode, once I choose 'English', I see the Paramount logo, then all I get is a few seconds of sound, and a black screen.

Too bad the EULA probably makes it impossible to get a refund (i.e. "if it's busted, too bad" language). The longer I've had this product, the less pleased I am. Since I'm pretty cheap, buying TMT is a tough pill to swallow, but sure seems to be the only "legal" answer. It seems to have better Windows Media Center integration and remote support, too. Curse me for using the software bundled w/ my drive! intvsteve
alvincht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 20, 2012 11:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
This really interests me. If you search online for this issue, you can see posts everywhere.

Im starting to think that this is a disk issue.
intvsteve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Doubt that it's the disc in my case. Seems to be playing just fine in ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.0 so far.

I.e. *Exactly* the same problems as w/ John Carter ... which may be fixed in the next patch. Though what's the deal w/ 3-4 months between pushing patches? WAY too long when hardware boxes get firmware upates usually less than a week if some new disc causes trouble. intvsteve
LSDavinci [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NY Joined: Jan 30, 2007 11:13 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: yes it is same like John Carter. I had to start Avengers 3D BD at 2D mode and then after menu comes I can change it to 3D. Dont know why cyberlink did not fix this issue for John Carter so they likely would not fix it for Avengers too.

Thanks for this! I have PowerDVD 10 so these actions by itself did not work. However, taking the same actions with AnyDVD HD enabled with most blu-ray options checked off, it finally worked! Looks awesome!!!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you guys look at the pinned post above these discussions? I can't tell if you did.

It is here and is just a different procedure for playing the DVD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24942.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2012 09:52

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.