Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Maybe I am the last to hear.
Some time in the near past, I was auto upgrade to release 9.0.0.03305 or close to that. Everything PD9 here was running smooth. I was a happy camper. I started to do a DVD, and I didn't have DVD DZM files I had previously downloaded and installed. NP man! Downloaded the 3 I use. They wouldn't install as they have in the past. Stress and frustration levels went high.
I did a search here for a solution, but didn't enter the search correctly or Solution isn't among post.
After hunting for PD9 loader, I by frustration tried Windows7 of C and P. File carry's across explorer windows and when dropped in menu area opens and installed. Great feature.
Wish Cyberlink would give an heads up. Windows7 dictionary has it in Dictionary as "Cyberpunk" btw.

Really? I didn't know that about 7. Tkys.
Carl,
Is there a list of changes/new features? Maybe a list on each release, such as between 8 & 9? 3 or more with 11?
I have developed solutions that"new features" unpromoted or listed do better and more importantly easier.

Only with admin knowledge here does it come to light.

Thanks again.
Carl,
I don't know if which is more impressive you and the knowledge base on this Forum or the power Potential of PD9 &+ 10, 11.
Thanks!
I would like to see a new forum item, where videos are posted to learn and discuss. A little different than YT. thick skin must be required & kind hearts of help as the forum admin do/does.

Video, details, and description with a limited minutes.

I vote: film is a 4 + 0 details + 0 discription= 4

Awesome avatar Mr.Cranston
usually Programs that come with Hard ware are trials. Cyberlink has a lot of trials.
Trials never give you the total pkg, but I haven't heard of this issue B&W capture only before
The Trials usually will let you know if their sftw will run on your PC as Set up>
Carl, I had a Sony that was firewire. The vies was set up in the camera.

Shel, do you don't have that capibility in the camera. Or is it to old and only does the 4{3 sprru fpr aslomg tje ?. If you given the anwser already in your post. eyes are not good tonight and your post was longer than I could read.
Download the Trial first and see if you PC handles the PUGRADE is my suggestion
I have the Sony Hd 590maybe and have used other Sony's HD video camera with no issues with PD8 and 9. Sony is releasing a HD which use their changeable A mount AF lens. Which lets you use Minolta Max AF lens, which are cheap but good glass. If you looking to really get into video shooting, this wouldn't be a expensive compared to others on the market with same features. If your just stepping up or getting the newest HD, I think the prices where $2600 body and $3800 for kit with adaptor and lens. That is if you getting serious? LOL

I wish my wife had one, but just a hobby for me. LOL
Wish others with SSD would chime in. Where are you? The first on the mkt were 60 gb then 80 then 120 and prices weren't that good. I didn't get in them. but when the 120 price became where I could rationalize buying it and maintence wasn't problimatic I just had to give up buying shells and hooks.

Is there life for a forum on locations for looking at others work?
From my experience. DxDiag-attached
I've run a 120 SSD OZC for awhile now. When I installed I only loaded OS and Programs that would only load on C drive, Cyberlink, McAfee, Lightroom4 and PD9 being on C, but Office 7 being one that loaded on another drive. I found to my suprise, several programs I use loaded on another drive. After loading, I had 48GB free space on C Drive, but after a year I am down to 40. I have tried to maintained that free space religiously. With the falling prices, I am looking to purchase a 240GB SSD OZC. Very easy to install if you follow directions. Let the 120GB SSD drive clone my C drive then replugged into motherboard and never looked back.

Was it worth the money. YES! My PC boot time is now 15 sec from start to Windows sign on. The PC rearly falls behind my PD9 editing. Occasionally when I move down the timeline quickly or big jumps, it takes seconds for the PC to catch up. Renedering time is always annoying, but that annoyance has also gotten shorter in time and less annoying. I am less than a minute renedering per video time. Can't back that up with actual numbers but very close.

I would recommend the SSD 240GB to anyone who will be dedicated to keep the free drive space free. Read maintenance on SSD Drive also.
My Sony vdieo camera crashes by shuting down the USB connection first. I then have had to reboot the camera.
I use MSN Explore to cut/copy and paste on to PC HD.
every file shows up. No files blacked out.
Produced Grandson's Spring Violin Recital liked by wife. Not PTtoots quality yet.
Burned Blue Rays 3 copies for family, they all liked.
Produced and burned audio CDs of 21 recital songs, liked by wife.
Gave DVDs with all data to son for him to edited for his wife's approval.

All in All a good weekend.

Why post? Tired of reading Problems, unhappiness, and discust of PD.

Would like to hear others successes.
One more and there may be more

Blue Ray burner. will do CD/DVDs/Bd $80
Going out on limb,
Your goal is to do HD video editing. tougher on PC than gaming. If you get a "out of the box" by HP, Dell, ASUS, etc you can get a PC that will do HD but doubtful and you want be happy long. You may not know it but you will be un-happy. Not long for many reasons encluding waste of money.

You should spec a PC out and have it built. There are several web stores that will do so and are reliable. They will talk you thru and quote you a price right then. One I have used for several years and would recommend is TigerDirect.

Off top of my head. (pricing everythink high I believe and should be cheaper)
1. Top of the line processor--8 multicore, speeds of 2.83 and above, aprox $500
2. Hard drives, two 1gig each min size, 7200 high speed, and one 1gig external USB3 (can add later) $250 for 2
3. Motherboard----ASUS makes nice boards but others do to, want excellant chip set, USB3 network, 8 plus USB ports, 4 RAM slots with each slot capible of high density Ram chips $185
4. Ram 16gig total 4X4 $100
5. Video card---2 gig on board- $150 to $400 worth spending money on. go look at bench marks. Carl helped me. Thank you Carl
6. Sound Card--- $49
7. Power supply---min 750watt $175
8. Windows Professional $?

Should be under $1500 ?
9. Case--gamer full size case--5 plus fans in case, big fans, $150
Learned a little this weekend about PD9 and iPad. My goal was to have clean videos that worked everytime on iPads. I was about 4 for 10 reaching goal.

Producing to devices "Apple", worked for me to download and view 4 videos. When I added "slideshow"s the video, iPad would hang hung every time.

Produced to MP4 different quality formats would sometimes worked, sometimes wouldn't download (What is up with that Apple), and sometimes would hang video but continued playing audio.

Started from non-edited production to gradually add title, end, photos, and music to "Apple" preset without issues, producing, downloading, or viewing.

When I used the Magic "Slideshow" builder: various types of transitions, no music, with PD9 music presets, and my music, iPad hang up the video but audio continued.

Have now decided to use "Apple" for Devices and make my own slideshows with PD9 tranisitions. I will use my music. I have now used this format several times successfully.

Hope someone can learn from what I have written here.

Feel that I can edit and produce a good video for viewing on iPad now.
I use a competitors sfw and looked at the Cyberlinks beta. Let me say, I am not locked into anything.
I looked at features/design elements/software design of the sfw.
I needed to reach my goal in editing (a little deeper than taking the "red eye" out. Not for just to try, to learn, or play.
1. Did they have a trial?
2. was the sfw non-destructive?
3. how intuitive?
4. Presets (predetermined change to maximize viewing enjoyment?
5. Support?
6. Cost? Not always a $.
I'm clueless, never doing audio checks, or not needed audio tite. I haven't noticed a delay.
Could it be the change of a File of video and audio, timing switch? If you unlinked and then edit video fading out and then in overlaying Sound and sinking video then help or hurt?
Is a second your standard for quality or your viewers standards. Like wallpaper, I easily see my mistakes or what I take for misfits. Some think it looks better.
"Quality is in the eye of the beholder".
"Apple SILENT MOVIE CREATOR!!"
That is Funny. LOL
Go to: